Trains, Planes, an Automobiles, Well maybe Trains and Planes ?

oldypigeonpopper

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, that is what I was thinking, just get more direct staff 

We have loads of agency loaders at work . They have little or no rights , and get treated abysmally by management. Since brexit , and then covid , more permanent jobs , with better pay , are slowly starting to appear.  The decent workers are slowly but surely disappearing as they move to those jobs.

I'm far from any kind of employment or political expert , but brexit does seem to be starting to work , with more and better jobs becoming available. It's not so good for greedy bosses that pay poor wages at the moment , but I suppose that things will eventually level up for them too .

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a call off the boss the other day - no pay rise for this year - now going into my 4th year without one (basically my time there) - along with my colleagues. The company are using this salary review compared to market thing - but it isn't that cut and dried - I am a senior with 25 years experience and the company stands on me for my skills as there is only me in my role - whereas a lot of jobs advertised are for people in teams 

I miss contracting and really want to go back to it but I have to give my notice first and my wife doesn't like the thought of that

1 hour ago, discobob said:

miss contracting and really want to go back to it but I have to give my notice first and my wife doesn't like the thought of that

That's the annoying thing,  if you looked around then put your notice in, that's when they come up with a pay rise, which by then is often too little too late.