Trains, Planes, an Automobiles, Well maybe Trains and Planes ?

oldypigeonpopper

Scully its no school they go to, its universities majoring in politics with a strong union element to explain to potential union leaders how best to control the Major political groups and also employers.  Its a hard school of learning though from what I heard.  Years ago it was visiting lecturers from the old school trade unions that did the lectures

Hope this helps  Pushkin:good:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Scully said:

........All these strikes ( nurses and teachers next ) all we need now to complete the ‘70’s scenario is a few power cuts and we’ll be there! 

No, you missed out the streets piled up with bin bags, oh and the mortuaries with unburied corpses

5 minutes ago, Pushkin said:

Scully its no school they go to, its universities majoring in politics with a strong union element to explain to potential union leaders how best to control the Major political groups and also employers.  Its a hard school of learning though from what I heard.  Years ago it was visiting lecturers from the old school trade unions that did the lectures

Hope this helps  Pushkin:good:

Ta. 🙂

55 minutes ago, Scully said:

Is there a school where union leaders go to where they learn union speak? They all sound like they’re straight from the 1970’s and have just left the Wheeltappers club. 
All these strikes ( nurses and teachers next ) all we need now to complete the ‘70’s scenario is a few power cuts and we’ll be there! 

Hello, if you were a union rep back then you could use this to your advantage , 2 I knew ended up as Court magistrates 🤔

5 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, if you were a union rep back then you could use this to your advantage , 2 I knew ended up as Court magistrates 🤔

The most aggressive ( he had a reputation as a bully and a hard man ) union rep’ I knew, was so militant that the company he worked for gave him a job on the management, and he eventually became the manager of the dairy I worked at. An unpleasant man. 

14 minutes ago, Scully said:

The most aggressive ( he had a reputation as a bully and a hard man ) union rep’ I knew, was so militant that the company he worked for gave him a job on the management, and he eventually became the manager of the dairy I worked at. An unpleasant man. 

Hello, that's interesting 1 of those I knew worked in a Dairy 🤔

27 minutes ago, Scully said:

In all my working life, I never met a pleasant union rep.

Hence I spent my latter years in small companies where sensible changes could be made to improve efficiency.

35 minutes ago, Scully said:

Good union reps often get promoted into management positions( it's a well known management tactic)  Management would rather have them on the inside piddling out , than on the outside piddling in.

Good union reps , need to be just as , greedy , avaricious,  and unreasonable , as greedy , avaricious,  and unreasonable,  company owners . That's the only way that they can meet somewhere in the middle. 

A good company,  with good owners and management,  don't need union involvement,  because fair play and common sense , can solve most issues. 

12 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, as above, Due to COVID the major Airlines in UK shed 1000s of jobs despite the furlough payments the government gave them to hold jobs,  and now they cannot get people to fill all the vacancies , I wonder why ? , Now we have a dispute on the railway networks, the government has put in Millions of £s to up grade lines, trains, and stations, fares are an all time high, more people are needing to travel by train ,  Network rail wants to shed 1000s of jobs , will safety be compromised ,they want to change work patterns and pay,  HS2 is millions over budget,  just to take off 30 minutes journey, have the railway workers a genuine case to strike ? or is it another Tory way to stop the big unions from getting members decent pay and conditions , is labour sitting on the fence or falling over themselves to bash Grant Shapps , is it time for ACAS ? any thoughts PW ??

Thanks for all the replies so far, 👍

Hello, now Boris and his gang want to bring in a law where agency staff can be hired , would that be for train driving, ? Engineering maintenance and safety, or a platform flag waver/whistle blower, ?? I got caught up in Union disputes in the 1980s , nobody crossed a picket line, I can remember miners who worked bussed in passed picket lines, ?? I now hear some BA staff looking at strike action, have the union leaders started to look at an on bloc all out what ever the cost to the UK, when there's  10s of 1000s needing food banks , do we need some common sense when companies look at pay rises and working condition for employees, let alone the self employed who work hard and have no union back up

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

21 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, now Boris and his gang want to bring in a law where agency staff can be hired , would that be for train driving, ? Engineering maintenance and safety, or a platform flag waver/whistle blower, ?? I got caught up in Union disputes in the 1980s , nobody crossed a picket line, I can remember miners who worked bussed in passed picket lines, ?? I now hear some BA staff looking at strike action, have the union leaders started to look at an on bloc all out what ever the cost to the UK, when there's  10s of 1000s needing food banks , do we need some common sense when companies look at pay rises and working condition for employees, let alone the self employed who work hard and have no union back up

Best of luck to them trying to find agency staff to drive trains , we can't even find enough agency staff to load bin lorries.