Cheap cartridges

dazbrit

Probably been asked a good few times before, but what are the best, cheapest cartridges to buy. I have only recently taken up clay shooting, and as most of you will know it is quite an expensive hobby so i'm trying to cut down on the cost (if that's possible)

I'm just about to order some Rio carts from CCI in Corby, Nothants. Min order 5,000; plastic from £96.50/1,000 & fibre from £102.50/1,000 - collected or £40 per pallet to have them delivered.

If anyone know of any better, I appreciate knowing. :D

I'd take 1000 if you were able to add to your order and pay a bit of the delivery

Probably been asked a good few times before, but what are the best, cheapest cartridges to buy. I have only recently taken up clay shooting, and as most of you will know it is quite an expensive hobby so i'm trying to cut down on the cost (if that's possible)

Dazbrit, being a newbie I thought I would just say :D ...and whatever you do, make sure you do your surrounding environment a favour and stick to fibre wads :good:

Dazbrit, being a newbie I thought I would just say :D ...and whatever you do, make sure you do your surrounding environment a favour and stick to fibre wads :good:

well said Oly :lol:

I'm just about to order some Rio carts from CCI in Corby, Nothants. Min order 5,000; plastic from £96.50/1,000 & fibre from £102.50/1,000 - collected or £40 per pallet to have them delivered.

If anyone know of any better, I appreciate knowing. :D

I'd take 1000 if you were able to add to your order and pay a bit of the delivery

YHPM.

• 2 weeks later...

The prices at Kelbrook have gone up http://www.kelbrookshootingschool.co.uk/k_...ccessories.php#

I do not know about the prices on the Gun Dealer site though.

We bought 10,000 Gamebore White Gold XLR from Malmo Guns for £139 per thousand.

I used to shoot Victory 480 years ago then they seemed to stop stocking them.

Blaser - I bought some about three months ago from Kelbrook - £93 per 1000, bought some more two weeks ago at £99, bit of an increase since then. They are plastic only - 7 1/2.

Graham does Victory Sporter Cartridges 12g 28g x 1000 114.00 GBP

http://www.gundeals.co.uk/SHOTGUNS-and-ACC...t_id,categories

That's one reason why we bought 10000 between four of us to try to keep our outlay quite low.

And it's not easy convincing someone else what to shoot.

I shall mention Grahams prices when we are getting a bit low but I have nearly 3000 in the garage.

I wonder when prices are going to stabilise because it's getting ridiculous. It's a good job fuel has not gone the same way.

Do you think theres any chance of them goin back down, at all?

If the Chinese stop buying all the worlds lead production, they might go down again. But if they keep using lead at the rate they are doing, I can't see it happening. It's weird, I was reading an old thread on a fishing forum from back in the summer and somebody was saying there was a glut of lead on the market, so fishing weights were cheap etc etc, now look at how it's gone in a few months :stupid: