Cheap cartridges

dazbrit

Went to Litts on Thursday and they said that cartridges are going up again within the next 2 weeks by £20 per Thousand.......

I got some GameBore White Gold Comp Loads for £140 per Thousand, and they are good. These are normally around £150 so soon we will be looking at paying £160 per Thousand for these in the next 2 weeks....

I got some GameBore White 28g Gold Comp Loads for £115 per Thousand in preston lancs , i like them as there clean and not to punchy and they dont smoke like cci clay busters and Rio Cartridges both of which ive aslo had quite a few misfires per 1000 ,, only 1 0r 2 per tho on gamebore :yes:

was also told there going up when they have to restock and they had just a few 1000 the next cheapest was Hull rejects @ £120 on the tho in preston again

im stocked up till after crimbo :yes::/ ive been told that the price hike is also down to the importers not importing as many 28g carts as it game season and they bulk up on heavy loads ...

Guest The Outlaw
Do you think theres any chance of them goin back down, at all?

If the Chinese stop buying all the worlds lead production, they might go down again. But if they keep using lead at the rate they are doing, I can't see it happening. It's weird, I was reading an old thread on a fishing forum from back in the summer and somebody was saying there was a glut of lead on the market, so fishing weights were cheap etc etc, now look at how it's gone in a few months :good:

My suppliers of shells have said they are due to go up again just before christmas, but as usual like the fuel prices when lead/oil goes up shells/petrol go up.

Funny thing is when the costs of the raw materials go down again the finished products stay hiked up.

Most fishing weights if not all are now made from a lead substitute with the exception of some sea weights.

Having said this if we work out how much shells have gone up in the 20 or so years then we have had it good so far,compared to the cost of clays and most other stuff.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...
Do you think theres any chance of them goin back down, at all?

If the Chinese stop buying all the worlds lead production, they might go down again. But if they keep using lead at the rate they are doing, I can't see it happening. It's weird, I was reading an old thread on a fishing forum from back in the summer and somebody was saying there was a glut of lead on the market, so fishing weights were cheap etc etc, now look at how it's gone in a few months :good:

My suppliers of shells have said they are due to go up again just before christmas, but as usual like the fuel prices when lead/oil goes up shells/petrol go up.

Funny thing is when the costs of the raw materials go down again the finished products stay hiked up.

Most fishing weights if not all are now made from a lead substitute with the exception of some sea weights.

Having said this if we work out how much shells have gone up in the 20 or so years then we have had it good so far,compared to the cost of clays and most other stuff.

Tony

Tony I think your right the price of shells 20 years ago for winchester AA trap 100 was £90+ so i think we have had it cheap for a while. The only problem that people are complaining about is the masive rise in such a short time.

I think the low prices has attracted a lot of new people into the sport who will not be able to shoot as often with these prices. I would be a little nervous if I was a ground owner.

Guest The Outlaw
Tony I think your right the price of shells 20 years ago for winchester AA trap 100 was £90+ so i think we have had it cheap for a while. The only problem that people are complaining about is the masive rise in such a short time.

I think the low prices has attracted a lot of new people into the sport who will not be able to shoot as often with these prices. I would be a little nervous if I was a ground owner.

I think it could do a bit of harm to the straw balers as a lot of them shoot fibre only and plastics are up to 20% cheaper.

Not a good situation as you say for the newbies to our sport.

Bit of a shock to the system for us as well.

Tony