Jinx

walshie

Does anyone believe a person can be a jinx?

A mate of mine comes to stay with us a couple of times a year and without fail something always goes wrong a few days before his arrival.

This has included:

The central heating programmer packing up while it was snowing outside.

Utility room roof blowing off.

My wife's polytunnel blowing away (2 occasions).

The pressure tank for our water bursting its bladder.

He came to visit us 2 Saturdays ago and on the Friday my wife noticed an oil smell from our heating oil tank and I noticed a split in the plastic. As they can't install single skin tanks here any more and they need a specific size and thickness of base it's costing the thick end of £4k to get it fixed. That's on top of the £300 emergency call out to get the tank drained.

And a decent size tree fell over into the steam while he was actually here.

We used to joke about it, but now it seems like it's really a thing. 

On the bright side my house is getting replaced visit by visit. :unhappy:

Wait for dawn to come and then cut his living heart out, and, whilst it is still beating, offer it up the Gods as appeasement. That usually sorts it. There's always a simple solution to any problem to be found here on P/W. Let me know how you got on and if it resolved the matter. And as for Dawn she probably won't be too happy but she's usually hard to please anyway. You can't keep everyone smiling all of the time.

Edited by enfieldspares

19 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Wait for dawn to come and then cut his living heart out, and, whilst it is still beating, offer it up the Gods as appeasement. That usually sorts it. There's always a simple solution to any problem to be found here on P/W. Let me know how you got on and if it resolved the matter. And as for Dawn she probably won't be too happy but she's usually hard to please anyway. You can't keep everyone smiling all of the time.

And then you can post in this thread

44 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind. :ninja:

5 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

So good to see the old carp resurfacing!   

No need to be envious because you don't have any friends that are murderers.

One day the truth will get out that ditchman has been killing and eating vagrants for the last fifty years . You'll be catapulted right to the top of the " my mate is a murderer " league 😁.

29 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Washed down with a chianti?

I reckon ditchman washes them down with an engineers cocktail. It's made from , gin , wd40 , and engineers blue , and it's finished with two cherries , and one of those pineapple chunks that you see in public urinals.

37 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

One day the truth will get out that ditchman has been killing and eating vagrants for the last fifty years . You'll be catapulted right to the top of the " my mate is a murderer " league 😁.

Oh I can't wait!  :drool:

8 hours ago, mel b3 said:

That explains it now.🤷‍♀️

In between the gin , wd40 , and engineers blue and the meths infused vagrants ditchman is well pickled. 

1 hour ago, loriusgarrulus said:

That explains it now.🤷‍♀️

In between the gin , wd40 , and engineers blue and the meths infused vagrants ditchman is well pickled. 

It would explain many things 😏