Starting Pistol

Yeah im not sure it seems i can buy one on the internet and have it posted to my home address, its in a strange category with little info. Certain though i cant post the blanks as they are explosive. Cant see an issue with a Face to Face sale. 

4 minutes ago, Kgreg said:

Yeah im not sure it seems i can buy one on the internet and have it posted to my home address, its in a strange category with little info. Certain though i cant post the blanks as they are explosive. Cant see an issue with a Face to Face sale. 

I agree you should be able to sell a starting pistol,it’s hardly a replica or a deactivated gun,even those are harmless lumps of metal!🤣

Interesting ive just rang a company advertising these on the internet and they would willing to post one out but only by "courier", and went on to say they couldn't use Royal mail. So im thinking for the avoidance of getting into bother and jeopardising my tickets ill say this is for collection only by over 18s. 

4 minutes ago, Kgreg said:

Interesting ive just rang a company advertising these on the internet and they would willing to post one out but only by "courier", and went on to say they couldn't use Royal mail. So im thinking for the avoidance of getting into bother and jeopardising my tickets ill say this is for collection only by over 18s. 

Strange about the Royal Mail, my grandson was showing me a pistol he received yesterday , an airsoft, looked like a Browning High power, and fires BB pellets. Very real looking weapon.  Royal Mail had opened his parcel, but put a sticker on it, saying it could be sent by aeroplane, and had a letter inside stating the reasons they opened the parcel, but approved this type of weapon being sent by royal Mail , and apologised  for any inconvenience .

41 minutes ago, Kgreg said:

I wish you good luck with the sale, but what I meant was, replicas, blank firers including starting pistols aren’t allowed to be offered for sale on the forum. 

Edited by Scully

5 minutes ago, Kgreg said:

Interesting about RM sending out blanks the shop I rang said they could be sent in the post as well but reading RMs criteria they would be banned as an explosive. 

I posted three empty  puntgun cartridges through the Royal Mail, recorded delivery , two still had their primers in, and one was fired. It was opened and they were destroyed, and I received a warning letter. I also sent a brass puntgun case, that had been converted into a lighter by WW1 trench art, It had no primer, no smell of ever having petrol in it, no flint, but again was taken and destroyed. Buying primers from Hendry Krank's it costs an extra £20 for carrier as they cannot use Royal Mail.