Digex N450

ShootingEgg

Mine has decided that after a full charge it doesn't want to turn on. Have been advised it may have gone into some form of hibernate mode so to charge it again for up to 4 hours. Did that still nothing. Then got told need to use a more powerful plug. So it's now in charge using. 2.5amp output plug.. not holding out much hope and think it will be going to Thomas jack's for checks...

2 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Mine has decided that after a full charge it doesn't want to turn on. Have been advised it may have gone into some form of hibernate mode so to charge it again for up to 4 hours. Did that still nothing. Then got told need to use a more powerful plug. So it's now in charge using. 2.5amp output plug.. not holding out much hope and think it will be going to Thomas jack's for checks...

Hello, if you on the UK night vision forum, there's a chap called Russ , try him 

13 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, if you on the UK night vision forum, there's a chap called Russ , try him 

I am not. Done a Google and only one result with same symptoms, and that was back in 2020 and was a firmware issue, but no way of updating the unit if it won't turn on...

So far I've just been asked to leave it on charge for hours to see if it comes back to life 

54 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

I am not. Done a Google and only one result with same symptoms, and that was back in 2020 and was a firmware issue, but no way of updating the unit if it won't turn on...

So far I've just been asked to leave it on charge for hours to see if it comes back to life 

Hello, is it out of warranty ? If you tried new batteries and charged the unit battery and still no good I can only think send back to TJs, via the shop you purchased from, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

20 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, is it out of warranty ? If you tried new batteries and charged the unit battery and still no good I can only think send back to TJs, via the shop you purchased from, 

Will send it directly due to how it was purchased. Just frustrating as was just getting into the foxes now the first cuts are finished..

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/06/2022 at 09:58, oldypigeonpopper said:

Turns out it has a hardware fault and is completely dead. Thomas jack's don't have a unit in-stock so I am now without a scope.. as they will only replace like for like... 

2 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Turns out it has a hardware fault and is completely dead. Thomas jack's don't have a unit in-stock so I am now without a scope.. as they will only replace like for like... 

That's a bit carp. I have never had good service from Jacks. Refusing to honour a price i agreed with them before a show  when I turned up.

1 minute ago, oowee said:

That's a bit carp. I have never had good service from Jacks. Refusing to honour a price i agreed with them before a show  when I turned up.

Even said I'd take a c50 and pay the difference or if it's same price just have that instead. But they won't do that, say because they distribute they don't sell, would only be a like for like ..

4 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

A week on and nothing from them, said they'd update me when they knew what was going on... I get they have no stock but unsure I'm happy to take a reconditioned unit that will have little to no warranty on it. 

If the item you have is still under warranty (which it is), and they can’t provide a replacement of that same model (which they can’t), then I can only see that surely they must provide you with an alternative. 

I would think they should give you the new model (C50) … and your offer to pay the difference is more than reasonable on your part. 

What's the point of a warranty they say they will honour but then claim they can’t replace the item because they don’t have stock of it … 

7 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

If the item you have is still under warranty (which it is), and they can’t provide a replacement of that same model (which they can’t), then I can only see that surely they must provide you with an alternative. 

I would think they should give you the new model (C50) … and your offer to pay the difference is more than reasonable on your part. 

What's the point of a warranty they say they will honour but then claim they can’t replace the item because they don’t have stock of it … 

totally agree the pulsar come with a 3 year warranty if i remember right, if they carnt replace it like for like it should be an alternative which is the c50, mate sold his Digex n450 after looking through my new infiray td50l nv which is similar to the c50 but doesn't record sound

37 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

totally agree the pulsar come with a 3 year warranty if i remember right, if they carnt replace it like for like it should be an alternative which is the c50, mate sold his Digex n450 after looking through my new infiray td50l nv which is similar to the c50 but doesn't record sound

Hello, what's the TD 50L I/R torch like ?

3 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

it's not to bad out to 50/70 yards its better built than the one that come with the Digex my mates was replaced by TJ, I use the wicked light A51ir with my infiray

Hello, it seems the case most I/R torches that come with scopes are not up to the job,

Just now, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, it seems the case most I/R torches that come with scopes are not up to the job,

I was thinking to get a new N/V scope for this coming winter, it's only for ratting on air rifle and rabbits with my CZ , Yukon 450S, Sytong 60, cannot justify to many £s

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

I was thinking to get a new N/V scope for this coming winter, it's only for ratting on air rifle and rabbits with my CZ , Yukon 450S, Sytong 60, cannot justify to many £s

not familiar with the Yukon scopes to get honest never ad one, iv had atn, pulsar and now the infiray which I'm very happy with £200 cheaper than the c50, but like my pulsar spotter and thermion scope

9 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, can you not get a refund from original supplier and buy something else, did you look at the Yukon 470 S , TJs are just the importers , my last dealing with them was not good, 🙄

Due to the way the scope was procured it will be a nightmare of a job to do this. I am waiting to hear back if they mess me about I will let them know my opinions.. I don't hold back if they want to mess me about 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2022 at 15:19, oldypigeonpopper said:

Go pard if you want good value for money .. cracking bit of kit

3 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Go pard if you want good value for money .. cracking bit of kit

Hello, tried a screen kit years ago 🙄 and basic 007 🙄 could not get on with either , just wish you could get a day/ night digital scope without the video 🤔 , my old photon still performs ok but will try a 940 nm I/R this winter, it's only for ratting, new heated jacket to, 

Pard 008 is a scope with day and night mode

13 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, tried a screen kit years ago 🙄 and basic 007 🙄 could not get on with either , just wish you could get a day/ night digital scope without the video 🤔 , my old photon still performs ok but will try a 940 nm I/R this winter, it's only for ratting, new heated jacket to,