Makita Cordless Drill Repair?

Jim Neal

My drill appears to have died. Freshly charged battery fitted. It started running slowly, then it either would or would not operate when I pulled the trigger 

if I hold the trigger and shake the drill it cuts in and out which indicates it’s a contact issue. You’d normally presume the brushes need renewing but I’m sure this is brushless?

wondering whether it’s worth spending money on repairing….

B16A8729-3838-43B6-BB94-D253F943A5A0.jpeg

3C2CCC06-A41C-4CD0-9B73-738DAD27F56C.jpeg

We used to take our Panasonic drills to bits to repair, but it always seemed to be short lived. I think once they’re on their way out that’s it really, unless you can find someone who repairs little circuit boards. 
I had the exact same model as that and a matching impact driver, just gave them away last week! 

15 hours ago, bigroomboy said:

Good luck with the fix. Shame to throw stuff away.

If its a no go then I have a spare new one of those you can have for just a few quid?

Thank you.  That's a very kind offer.

I've ordered some new brushes which should arrive Tuesday/Wednesday so I'll report back then 👍

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

Personally I get more pleasure repairing a broken tool and bringing it back to life than buying a new one, it's nothing to do with money.

I try too. 
May palm sander has the switch bypassed as it wore out and needed it that day. Not sought out a switch replacement even now, just battery on/off to power up. 

Drill is another matter, it met with a bit of a fall….