Jump to content

science fiction geeks ?


ditchman
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, ditchman said:

films ....TV series.................one in particular ...Halo

 

That’s a genre I hadn’t thought of. I’m not sure which came first, game of film. My lad played Halo but I have no experience of it, sorry. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Scully said:

That’s a genre I hadn’t thought of. I’m not sure which came first, game of film. My lad played Halo but I have no experience of it, sorry. 

this is precicly what my post is enquiring...........couple of nights ago at 10 oclock there was a film called HALO on............it was superb done by Speilberg...........

 

the downside 

  1. it was on chanell 5 HD.....and it was CLICKBAIT
  2. it is a series
  3. you have to sign up to Paramount to get the rest of the episodes

so i thought s*d it..i will get the DVD collection.......so i go onto the web.....JESUS CHRUST Halo is everywhere loads of DVD's (games) DVD's cartoon form...cant fight my way thro all the carp to find Halo with the first episode of "Master chief"...............

Question....i imajine its an already shown seris (like Bobba Fett) in america ...so can anyone send me a link to purchase the first season or boxed set of it ...please

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Tonka54 said:

Not sure what the problem was, this was the first link to the full series on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Halo-Complete-Video-Collection-DVD/dp/B074GTDXQD

that is the problem..........THAT IS IN CARTOON FORM........its not what i watched the other night...........

what i watched was like a cross between bobba fet and the mandalorian except much more expensive made...it was done by steven speoilberg

Edited by ditchman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ditchman said:

that is the problem..........THAT IS IN CARTOON FORM........its not what i watched the other night...........

what i watched was like a cross between bobba fet and the mandalorian except much more expensive made...it was done by steven speoilberg

OH! ok sorry, Didn't realize this was an animated version, there is nothing in the link to say that it was. 

Edited by Tonka54
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Tonka54 said:

OH! ok sorry, Didn't realize this was an animated version, there is nothing in the link to say that it was. 

christ dont apologise ....its a bloody mine field on the net........think i have found it i guggled Halo by steven speilberg.....trouble is i cant track down the DVD's for it...it might be because it has only just been released..........i watched the abridged version the other night on channell 5 HD and it was pure quality...shoot em up for the first bit but then the story line kicks in........i watched it on the big TV with the lights off and HD is really good and my woofers really kicked in....i need to watch it thro my top of the range blu-ray machine and it will be totally awesome.........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ditchman said:

christ dont apologise ....its a bloody mine field on the net........think i have found it i guggled Halo by steven speilberg.....trouble is i cant track down the DVD's for it...it might be because it has only just been released..........i watched the abridged version the other night on channell 5 HD and it was pure quality...shoot em up for the first bit but then the story line kicks in........i watched it on the big TV with the lights off and HD is really good and my woofers really kicked in....i need to watch it thro my top of the range blu-ray machine and it will be totally awesome.........

Have found this D, not sure if it's what your after but it is def not animated and looks like the full series to date. (see attached)

halo.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

films ....TV series.................one in particular ...Halo

 

Saw the film that was out a few years ago, ok. Played out of the games, prefer the earlier ones and loved Reach.

So before I see any spoilers I'm guna come back to this later, probably after I've seen the first episode of the new series.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just watched it @ditchman.

Really enjoyed it, its a pity the rest is behind a paywall. But that happened with the last series of The Walking Dead which was unfortunate. I pay enough to various subscription services and a license fee without another £10 here and there a month. How much us Paramount+?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, manthing said:

Just watched it @ditchman.

Really enjoyed it, its a pity the rest is behind a paywall. But that happened with the last series of The Walking Dead which was unfortunate. I pay enough to various subscription services and a license fee without another £10 here and there a month. How much us Paramount+?

think paramount is $6.99/mth..............i have a top B******* TV but i refuse to pay for streaming or sky etc......when i turn the lights off and sit in my nice feather cushioned chair with alchohol....and stick a modern DVD on thro my Blu-ray payer...its far far better than being at the movies......the clarity of the pic is amazing the colours virtually run wet off the screen...its more life like than life........then with my big sound bar and woofer...(for the price i paid for it i could have bought a 55" TV).....dolby atmos....it is an amazing experience.....im going to get lawrence of arabia soon ....as the TV and Blu-ray "tightens the picture up...............

justhave to wait for the puka DVD to come out....will get Dune and the secound season of the maldorian....bobba fet....gaudians of the galixy and avatare........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ditchman said:

think paramount is $6.99/mth..............i have a top B******* TV but i refuse to pay for streaming or sky etc......

There are err, other ways to watch this excellent series.... Amongst a whole library of stuff... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You REALLY need to get your workshop up and running!  :cool1:

We really need to have a pigeon watch whip round , and buy him a shed . The way things are going he'll be watching coronation Street and eastenders by the end of the year.☹

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

We really need to have a pigeon watch whip round , and buy him a shed . The way things are going he'll be watching coronation Street and eastenders by the end of the year.☹

i knew i shouldnt have posted this topic/request.............back to the old abuse of yesteryear

well at least i dont post stuff like "my wipers are sticking"

Edited by ditchman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...