“Field” cutlery offer from Glazebrook

lord_seagrave

I happened to see an ad in the back of (someone else’s) Field magazine for a 6-person cutlery set from a company called Glazebrook for £360

Lady Seagrave has always hated the fancy cutlery service I chose for the wedding list (11 years ago), and so I gave Glazebrook a call because the pictures looked sensible, and the price looked pretty good too.

The guy there (Jonathan) was an absolute pleasure to deal with, and, with no hesitation, sent us a selection of samples completely free of charge/obligation, which arrived the next day.

We chose, I telephoned and paid on Thursday afternoon, and this morning (Saturday) a full six-person cutlery service arrived in the post by special delivery.

I don’t know why I’m so surprised, but it really felt like an exceptional customer service experience, and so I wanted to share it here. The website is https://www.glazebrook.com/Special-Offers.aspx and I quoted the “Field” offer, which is even cheaper than their standard special offers.

I have done zero research, and so I cannot tell you if this is a particularly good price, but it really felt like good value to us.image.jpg.f13bcf3ce2639059b31d932a6eda35a4.jpg

Highly recommended.

LS

PS: no reasonable offers refused for an 11-year-old Sophie Conran “Rivlin” mk1 cutlery service.. 🤣

5 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It would seem your taste has improved, has the good lady commented?

Cleverly got her to select from the samples - taking no chances this time!

It’s possible that some of the satisfaction I am feeling is due to the fact that I am finally out of the doghouse!

LS

2 hours ago, lord_seagrave said:

Cleverly got her to select from the samples - taking no chances this time!

It’s possible that some of the satisfaction I am feeling is due to the fact that I am finally out of the doghouse!

LS

You will never be out of the doghouse. Every time you use the new service her ladyship will comment on what an  a**e you made of it first time around😂😂