Need a new scope ???.

samboy

Hi gang.

I need a new scope for my .22 rimfire and was wondering about a Hawke. But there seems to be a lot of 2nd hand ones for sale.

So are they any good or should i put my money into something else ?.

It will be only for rabbits and squirrels.   I only shoot on 6 power and have a Simmons Aetec at the mo.

New scope will be for new gun so will be keeping the Simmons on my other rimfire.

Thanks all.

There aren't many about because they are good and people hang on to them.

Picked up a NS the other week but still haven't put it on my 77k as I've decided on a Hawke for it. Just got to decide which one and get it. Nothing wrong with the NS, just prefer the Hawke.

On 25/06/2022 at 20:17, manthing said:

There aren't many about because they are good and people hang on to them.

Picked up a NS the other week but still haven't put it on my 77k as I've decided on a Hawke for it. Just got to decide which one and get it. Nothing wrong with the NS, just prefer the Hawke.

Guess what. The 77k is now wearing a Hawke Fast mount. 😂😂

The sidewinders and endurance are perfect for Rimfire . I have a sidewinder on my 22 lr and the glass is perfectly good for daytime use and very good with a night vision add on. The sidewinders are probably better for the 22 lr as they better reticles for hold over . The side focus is a must for nv but also for focusing on different ranges that you might encounter with the lr. The other good point is that they can be had second hand for between 150 and 200 and I’ve not had an issue with holding zero, even on my 243

On 25/06/2022 at 19:27, samboy said:

But there seems to be a lot of 2nd hand ones for sale.

I noticed that a bit back, there seemed to be loads about at the same sort of money and they weren't selling,  but they were the lower spec/price Hawkes, I thought £150 was too dear.

I've just bought an Optisan 4x16x44 and I'm looking forward to playing with it ☺

• 3 weeks later...

I've a number of hawke scopes from cheap up to a few hundred quid. 

save up, get a quality German or European made sight. The difference in clarity, and the light transmission is day and night. 
I fancy a 6x42 S&B for my next glass, to replace a hawke endurance which is on my .22.

A Z6i is on my CF and man what a tool. 

On 25/06/2022 at 19:27, samboy said:

Hi gang.

I need a new scope for my .22 rimfire and was wondering about a Hawke. But there seems to be a lot of 2nd hand ones for sale.

So are they any good or should i put my money into something else ?.

It will be only for rabbits and squirrels.   I only shoot on 6 power and have a Simmons Aetec at the mo.

New scope will be for new gun so will be keeping the Simmons on my other rimfire.

Thanks all.

Samboy I used a hawke on my 22lr for years then bought a 2nd hand S@B 6x42 of my friend at 6 power the difference in glass quality is fantastic Especially at twilight just as it’s getting dark