Tickling a spider

30-6

I have in my garden a large plastic storage box, in one of the vent holes at the rear lives a big house spider, with his web coming out over a pot of carnations. I tried to show my granddaughter how to tickle him out with a bit of grass but he didn't want to play with me. Let me have a go she said, and to our surprise out it came, she screamed run up the garden, stating ' it's massive '. We managed to catch a bluebottle in the house window and dropped it on his web which he had.

Forward two days, my wife and I were out in the garden and for no particular reason she ruffled her carnations with her hand. Out he came, never seen my wife move so fast. Would have definitely won me some cash off the telly if I had caught it on video.

2 hours ago, DUNKS said:

I have a giant one in my garage. he/she actually rears up at you if you put a finger too close.

I did post this elsewhere - when my lad was young there was one by his foot that reared up - became a pancake quite quickly to a lot of chiding from my wife. A day or so later she encountered one in the hall - went to pick it up to put it outside and it reared up - and instantly became a pancake!!!