PW rules

old'un

Is it against PW rules to ask what something may be worth from people who perhaps have better knowledge than I of such things?

I only ask as my post in Airgunners was removed, I have emailed PW twice but no reply as to why its been removed, have I broken some rules???

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Mice! said:

If you were asking for a valuation then yes they always get removed. 

Best thing to do is go on Agf and do a search to see what prices they have sold for before. 

Rules, just been on AGF and as you say there are lots of people asking the very same question I ask on PW, only difference their posts have not been removed, I guess rules are rules and we on PW must not brake them even if some are a little petty.

44 minutes ago, old'un said:

Rules, just been on AGF and as you say there are lots of people asking the very same question I ask on PW, only difference their posts have not been removed, I guess rules are rules and we on PW must not brake them even if some are a little petty.

There aren't many you can fall foul of on here, valuations haven't been allowed as long as I've been a member, I think it's just to stop lots of posts asking the same questions, it would probably need it's own sub section, and even then not everyone agrees 😁

26 minutes ago, clangerman said:

small price to pay we have far more freedom than agf their banned list is hundreds of pages long lol 

It is, mostly of people who won't follow the simple rule saying you can only sell on their site, or try to set up multiple accounts to get around sales bans, probably 90%+ of the bans are around sales.

https://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/345180-valuation-threads/

41 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

A very naughty boy 

you’re destined to join ditchman on the naughty step 

😂😂😊

Oh no! Does that mean we will be locked in the same room? :/ Is there any hope for me, I promise not to do it again.:innocent:

24 minutes ago, old'un said:

Oh no! Does that mean we will be locked in the same room?  Is there any hope for me, I promise not to do it again.

Worse than that 

mell is going to be on guard duty 😂

and it’s a good job you never did anything more serious imagin if you had posted a picture of it 🤔

Hanging is too good for you 😂😂

37 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Worse than that 

and it’s a good job you never did anything more serious imagin if you had posted a picture of it 🤔

I did...:w00t:

5 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Worse than that 

It's nothing to do with me , I'm just holding him down until ditchmans got the ginger ready 😁.

Iirc dave ( almost half a generation ago now ). Valuation threads had ended up with members arguing over buying items that were being valued , so valuation threads got stopped.

It would go like 

Member 1, how much is this worth ?.

Member 2, it's worth a tenner .

Member 3, I'll give you a tenner for it.

Member 4, I'll give you fifteen quid.

Member 3, I offered the money first.

Squabble , squabble , squabble , squabble. 

It might seem like a harsh rule , but it started for a good reason mate . It's the same reason that you have to state a price in the sales section , it's to stop members outbidding each other and having arguments. 👍

7 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

It's nothing to do with me , I'm just holding him down until ditchmans got the ginger ready 😁.

Iirc dave ( almost half a generation ago now ). Valuation threads had ended up with members arguing over buying items that were being valued , so valuation threads got stopped.

It would go like 

It might seem like a harsh rule , but it started for a good reason mate . It's the same reason that you have to state a price in the sales section , it's to stop members outbidding each other and having arguments. 👍

How much 

its never worth that 😂😊

4 hours ago, nobbyathome said:

Well I will give you £4.25 for it 

Xxxx xxx , I offered first .

1 hour ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Does this mean your pocket money has gone up. 🤷‍♀️

I've been selling myself in public toilets , and I now have £4.05 🙂.

Just as long as the it’s not a valuation about your Cat - or red cartridges. That carries a punishment of ditch man on guard duty with fresh ginger to hand !

ps it’s not worth that much in Yorkshire case we are as tight as a duck bottom hole !

Agriv8

36 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

Just as long as the it’s not a valuation about your Cat - or red cartridges. That carries a punishment of ditch man on guard duty with fresh ginger to hand !

ps it’s not worth that much in Yorkshire case we are as tight as a duck bottom hole !

Agriv8

Thanks typical perfectly good thread going well 🤔

and now a tight northernmost type is trying to rob a poor old fella 🙄

don’t you realise the trouble he’s in already without being helped 😂😂

13 hours ago, mel b3 said:

It would go like 

It also stops people joining for this purpose and this alone - or using a value post as a back door sales post without putting up a price or if they've not got access to the sales section

With a bit of googling and other forum searches most value questions can be answered without the need for a thread here.