Reloading issue

Hi lads/lassis can somebody please tell me what’s causing this I have been reloading since the late sixties never had this 

happen when the press is set right I am using new cases and a mec 600 junior press  with brass crimp start changed to a plastic one and the problem is still there. 
             Thanks for looking and all help will be appreciated.tony

3B08F1F6-2DD4-4976-8F81-3C14ED169EF9.jpeg

Hi lads I think I have sorted the side buckling but I can’t get rid of the small hole in center of crimp I have played 

about with the settings that I have settled for the small hole unless somebody can help out .

what I done to get rid of buckle was to reset the press from scratch and it seamed to work.

Thank you all for your input on this 

9ACA5194-4E28-411E-B020-81E3CC32F97E.jpeg

59197CA9-EE9E-4CF6-8594-B3CF7D164EFC.jpeg

Hi Tony have you weighed the shot. It could be a bit light . Are you using felt or plastic wads. If you are making a lot of cartridges it’s time consuming using packers. The hole in the crimp looks like the crimp could be a bit deep. It looks like you need a bit more wad hight.

59 minutes ago, Gas seal said:

Hi Tony have you weighed the shot. It could be a bit light . Are you using felt or plastic wads. If you are making a lot of cartridges it’s time consuming using packers. The hole in the crimp looks like the crimp could be a bit deep. It looks like you need a bit more wad hight.

This. The case isn't full enough so that the crimp lies "flat". Either more shot or an extra undershot card wad between shot and the fibre driving wad. If not maybe a cork overshot wad (like the original Eley Waterproof Grand Prix plastic cartridges) that will shred when the cartridge is fired. 

Edited by enfieldspares

On 30/06/2022 at 12:08, snow white said:

Hi lads I think I have sorted the side buckling but I can’t get rid of the small hole in center of crimp I have played 

about with the settings that I have settled for the small hole unless somebody can help out .

what I done to get rid of buckle was to reset the press from scratch and it seamed to work.

Thank you all for your input on this 

9ACA5194-4E28-411E-B020-81E3CC32F97E.jpeg

59197CA9-EE9E-4CF6-8594-B3CF7D164EFC.jpeg

Just now, Hotshot100 said:

Hi, if your shot falls out i just use a candle, light the wick and just drop in in the hole it will seal it. Regards.