Well gone and done it.........

Walker570

Big nobbly tires and light weight will see you get through most stuff.

Mate had one years ago it was a lot of fun and great in the mud .as the rear wheel drive saw the mud splash up behind us .as opposed to 4x4 which would have it from the front tires in your face .

Yep fully road legal, 100k(60 miles) on a full charge  which will cover most of what I need to do around home and I will build myself a small trailer once I have it and the measurments so can also take it to shoots with me, behind the Jag.  Certainly save the old legs.  Silent as well, so can creep about the place.  Two reports on youtube by a young farmer with no real problems.  Tipping body on the back and can have a winch fitted although I have a couple of 'Come Alongs' which would pull it out of trouble if I was stupid enough to get stuck.  Kid with a new toy feeling:lol:

Well done for taking the plunge 😊👍

itl be fine as long as you aren’t stupid and it’s going to get you places that you can’t walk to 100 kilometres is a long way and a lot further than you can walk on a days shooting 

enjoy the experience and the new friends that will want to ride to the top peg with you 😊

I do quite a bit of tree rat control on a golf course as well so it will be less aggressive there and allow me easier access as there are some places the Landy can't go.

I will give an initial report when it arrives and then give it three months and a follow up..  Easy also to put a couple crawler mats in the carrier which could help out in an emergency mud situation.

As an aside...just ordered a new water pump for the V8 from Paddock Spares and they included their catalogue  320 pages of just Landy stuff

from series one to present day.

On 28/06/2022 at 21:33, Walker570 said:

I will build myself a small trailer once I have it and the measurments so can also take it to shoots with me, behind the Jag

Be careful!

The days of welding up a trailer out of an old beadstead and pigeon pooing trailing arms from <insert long since no-longer available> vehicle are gone.  

You will need to submit it for a trailer IVA - not a cheap prospect.  Of course, you could just weld one up and if anything does go sour, claim in was fabricated before the current legislation came into force. But it would strike the investigating officer as odd how a trailer that was made prior to '98(I think!) fits an equad from 2022 perfectly.  Helluva conincidence, in fact.

Your risk appetite may differ, of course.

• 3 weeks later...

Any update Nev. Just had my foot rebuilt with a bone fusion. 6 weeks non load bearing then 6 weeks in a pneumatic boot.

The surgeon said the boot was not designed to make me bounce like Tigger. 🤣

I thought this might be a suitable option, fair to say SWMBO needs a little more work. 😳

BB6D23FD-01BC-45DF-92AF-97D2FC8F0F37.jpeg