Wraith ultra review

30-6

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

You Tube Mark Ripley demonstrating the new 4K wraith and its looks like its the same price as the HD model

Thats because it is the HD model , just upgraded with a better sensor.
It is nothing like the 4K max, which cost nearly twice as much.

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Thats because it is the HD model , just upgraded with a better sensor.
It is nothing like the 4K max, which cost nearly twice as much.

Yes but it has 4k picture quality the 4k max has a couple of different things like soundย 

Edited by Rim Fire

12 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Yes but it has 4k picture quality the 4k max has a couple of different things like soundย 

A 4K sensor doesnt always equate to 4K image quality, it makes NO difference to night time image for instance.
It just allows for less pixelisation during daytime zoom levels.

5 hours ago, Rewulf said:

A 4K sensor doesnt always equate to 4K image quality, it makes NO difference to night time image for instance.
It just allows for less pixelisation during daytime zoom levels.

Exatly the day time quality is a lot better for the same priceย 

17 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Exatly the day time quality is a lot better for the same priceย 

Which is far less important, as its predominantly a night scope.
And an HD is ยฃ350 now.

Not calling them as a scope , they are a good solid build, but the Pard is a far better option in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Which is far less important, as its predominantly a night scope.
And an HD is ยฃ350 now.

Not calling them as a scope , they are a good solid build, but the Pard is a far better option in my opinion.

ย No way had a pard 007 had pulsar hadย  an Archer got 3 wraiths but my goto foxing rifle is a 17 Hornet with aย  pulsar xq50 i have had all these scopes so i know what isย  good and not so good as for just night time shooting no way you need a good 4k qualityย 

Edited by Rim Fire

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I keep thinking to change my old MK 1 Photon I use for ratting, I don't need video etc, just a decent plain night scope ๐Ÿค”and not heavy

Only way you will get away with not heavy is the tele type on top of your scope

I have a Wraith and one of DaveG's tele type and both do the job.ย  Dave's is a very simple bit of kit and has laid a lot of foxes low. It does throw a bit of light back at you but the targets don't seem to notice.ย  The Wraith is fine just needs a bit of getting used to. I don't use any of the additional all singing dancing thingies on it. Chose a simple cross hair and added a bit better IR.ย  Suits my needs out to 150 no problem.ย ย  Big open fields you need something with a bit of reach where Dave's wins because you can pull stuff inย  easy with a side wheel scope.ย  The Wraith is a touch more difficult and I only use it for 100-150yrd shots.

• 2 weeks later...

As I said on a previous post I have been thinking of buying a wraith as my first night scope I still use a torch(cavemanโ€™s know ) My question being I shoot a older ย CZ 222 would I have to buy a scope rail to mount it if so any suggestions???ย 

17 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

As I said on a previous post I have been thinking of buying a wraith as my first night scope I still use a torch(cavemanโ€™s know ) My question being I shoot a older ย CZ 222 would I have to buy a scope rail to mount it if so any suggestions???ย 

Yes, you will need a dovetail based rail with picatinny top for the wraith mount, this will raise it up a bit unfortunately, but a comb riser is cheap enough if needed.
ANT supplies for both.

OR... go 007 and no need for either.

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Yes, you will need a dovetail based rail with picatinny top for the wraith mount, this will raise it up a bit unfortunately, but a comb riser is cheap enough if needed.
ANT supplies for both.

OR... go 007 and no need for either.

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Gerry i have same rifle in .222 personally I'd take Rewulf advice which is what i use on .17hmr .222 and 6.5x55 with no lose of zero. If you do go picatinny rail make sure you get one with the inbuilt recoil trust me Gerry i bought a Brittania one had nothing but trouble my local Rifle Smith also told me of several others having problems even though as you know the .222 is not a heavy recoiling rifle. All the best mate ๐Ÿ‘

Just now, 6.5x55SE said:

Gerry i have same rifle in .222 personally I'd take Rewulf advice which is what i use on .17hmr .222 and 6.5x55 with no lose of zero. If you do go picatinny rail make sure you get one with the inbuilt recoil trust me Gerry i bought a Brittania one had nothing but trouble my local Rifle Smith also told me of several others having problems even though as you know the .222 is not a heavy recoiling rifle. All the best mate ๐Ÿ‘

6x5x55 Thanks for the reply how much is a picatinny rail to buy and weโ€™re sells them ?? I take it the rail is easy to fit ? I was looking at the wraith on YouTube some of the reviews were saying that itโ€™s only certain rails the wraith will fit too ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

36 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

6x5x55 Thanks for the reply how much is a picatinny rail to buy and weโ€™re sells them ?? I take it the rail is easy to fit ? I was looking at the wraith on YouTube some of the reviews were saying that itโ€™s only certain rails the wraith will fit too ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

The one I'd buy is from alanrhone which is a Contessa Picatinny rail ( 0 MOA ) for cz527 hope you are sitting down as they are ยฃ125 .ย  ( My Brittania heap of poop cost me ยฃ85+ )Honestly mate i can't help with the wraith fitting system. ( I'm sure there are many other members) Rewulf is a sound bloke with good knowledge of NV and Thermal but if i was going dedicated Night and Day scope/unit it would be a Pulsar c50 without a doubt but for me the Pard 007 is so versatile I've got some very clear videos of day shooting with all three calibre rifles i use. ๐Ÿ‘

21 hours ago, 6.5x55SE said:

The one I'd buy is from alanrhone which is a Contessa Picatinny rail ( 0 MOA ) for cz527 hope you are sitting down as they are ยฃ125 .ย  ( My Brittania heap of poop cost me ยฃ85+ )Honestly mate i can't help with the wraith fitting system. ( I'm sure there are many other members) Rewulf is a sound bloke with good knowledge of NV and Thermal but if i was going dedicated Night and Day scope/unit it would be a Pulsar c50 without a doubt but for me the Pard 007 is so versatile I've got some very clear videos of day shooting with all three calibre rifles i use. ๐Ÿ‘

Cheers mate ๐Ÿ‘Iโ€™m gonna have a look at the pulsar c50 as well ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

2 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Cheers mate ๐Ÿ‘Iโ€™m gonna have a look at the pulsar c50 as well ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

No problems Gerry ๐Ÿ‘ won't be long now before the old Aya no3 is back out after them ole Geese ๐Ÿ˜Š good luck mate with what ever you choose ๐Ÿ‘

32 minutes ago, 6.5x55SE said:

No problems Gerry ๐Ÿ‘ won't be long now before the old Aya no3 is back out after them ole Geese ๐Ÿ˜Š good luck mate with what ever you choose ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks 6.5x55 Looking at the pulsar Iโ€™m more interested Now lol Yes I was up looking at the old aya no3 the other night in cabinet may get down to the clay ground ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜ŠWith the way this friggin weather going here in Northern Ireland Iโ€™ve more chance of shooting African water buffalo ๐Ÿƒ with it too Hot ๐Ÿฅต ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ŠHopefully ย When the Wildfowling season starts we get a good cold ๐Ÿฅถ spell get the geese moving ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘