Formal Investigation in to Sir Tom Moore's Charity

TIGHTCHOKE

Just now, matone said:

Worthy of note that it isn`t the original appeal but another org subsequently set up by his family ,I believe......

Yes, but the whole shebang has a nasty smell about it.

Sir Toms Daughter was stopped from becoming the Chief Executive earlier this year.

2 hours ago, oowee said:

That's a sad ending. I hope his family are in the clear. 

This .

I really hope that the family don't turn out to be a bunch of thieves. 

On the other hand . How much do the managers of other charities pay themselves. 

7 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Sadly, where there is money, there is someone ready to steal. Had this happen in my own family, with someone helping themselves to tens of thousands of my late mother's money.

The old saying, where there's money there's a fiddle.

15 hours ago, mel b3 said:

This .

I really hope that the family don't turn out to be a bunch of thieves. 

On the other hand . How much do the managers of other charities pay themselves. 

I did some digging a few weeks ago.

Ceo pay:

Children in need 137k

Rspca and Rspb  85k

National trust 115k

Royal british legion 95k

Red cross 125k

These are just the Ceo.

Hello, it never surprises me on theses charity and other just give appeals how much actually goes to the people it's suppose to, take Grenfell , apart from the family payments  legal fees have taken 10s of 1000s of £s , lawyers are creaming off a lot of money from these fund trust and it looks like relatives are doing to same with the captain Tom charity fund,

I am always extremely suspicious of most, if not all of these charities that spring up overnight. I have seen the relatives of so many people that have started a charity in the name of a deceased and never needed to work again. Usually entails a house move, to accommodate the newly set up Charity, new 'Company' vehicles, to get to the fund raising events and of course 'expenses' and salaries of the 'trustees'. A lot of the money donated is also in cash, which I feel sure is all 'disclosed' !  I am sure some of these charities are started with the best of intentions,  but they can be wide open to being abused. Maybe I just have a suspicious mind. 

1 minute ago, Newbie to this said:

Maybe you are right to.

I feel the same way about the 'bunches of flowers'  that adorn the scenes of various misfortunes. Average price per bunch around a fiver, that's a hell of a lot of money that could go to ESTABLISHED and Bona Fide children's charities.