Countryfile under scrutiny

Bobba

In the press today. The BBC is to scrutinise the impartiality of Countryfile as part of a review into editorial standards. The show has been at the centre of several impartiality rows over farming, fox hunting and environmental issues.
The review is to be conducted in-house. So, the Biased Broadcasting Corporation is to act as judge and jury on bias in a biased programme and do it behind closed doors. You couldn’t make it up.

But that ginger bloke is supposed to be some sort of farmer.  He was on to some game shooters talking in a stupid manner .... and the shooters were getting into a one sided conversation.   They should have F'd and Jeff rd at him big time and then said put that on country file.  I remember the been sent some girly down to harangue Jeff boycott about him abusing some woman.  He gave her a bit of verbal and that was the end of it.  They moved onto some other easier target.

9 hours ago, London Best said:

Locally we call it “Countryfool”.

Townyfile is my take on it. Watered down to suit the masses and normally on a reserve banging on about how successful the rspb are but don't tell the whole story, normally just say that they've made a big wash or pond and now look... Ducks ...... 

13 hours ago, Minky said:

But that ginger bloke is supposed to be some sort of farmer.  He was on to some game shooters talking in a stupid manner .... and the shooters were getting into a one sided conversation.   They should have F'd and Jeff rd at him big time and then said put that on country file.  I remember the been sent some girly down to harangue Jeff boycott about him abusing some woman.  He gave her a bit of verbal and that was the end of it.  They moved onto some other easier target.

I have been on a few pheasant shoots with him. He is a good shot and very nice guy. But I do wish he would put his head above the parapet when it comes to game shooting. I expect his hands might be tide if he wants to keep his job with the bbc. 

10 hours ago, rimfire4969 said:

I have been on a few pheasant shoots with him. He is a good shot and very nice guy. But I do wish he would put his head above the parapet when it comes to game shooting. I expect his hands might be tide if he wants to keep his job with the bbc. 

So basically he is one of us until it's in his pocket and then he's one of them.  So he's some sort of turncoat.?  Fifth columnist .?  Mercenary / Muppet. ?  The trouble of this is fake news.  The General public/sheep watch **** like this and believe.  The sheep supermarket buyers won't touch any sort of shot game ect ect and another corner is cut. The bloke needs someone to have a word better still when he next turns up on a shoot, send the blighter off the field with a flee in hìs ear.

On 02/07/2022 at 20:20, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, him and that top gear **** make a right pair, 

Show?

I used to like David Attenborough until I saw him promoting some show recently on BBC claiming it has no spin - yea righto. 

I'll look forwards to the result of their findings, at least they acknowledge sufficient dissatisfaction has been mooted to show an interest.

11 hours ago, rimfire4969 said:

What evidence do you have for that? 

9 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I'll look forwards to the result of their findings, at least they acknowledge sufficient dissatisfaction has been mooted to show an interest.

This ^^^^^. 

They don't have to investigate but some pressure is making it happen. At the very least the show partners know they are being watched and are likley to be ultra cautious. 

11 hours ago, oowee said:

What evidence do you have for that? 

Ummm, all their other output?

And if you had to work with Packham, you'd keep your mouth shut too for the sake of a quiet life. 😂

But am confused as to why you lot bother with Towniefile, or indeed the BBC at all.  They are so hopelessly out of touch and useless, I gave up on the whole concept north of 5 years ago.  It's one of the few organs of the state you can actively withdraw your financial support from, i.e. stop paying the licence fee.

On 03/07/2022 at 09:35, rimfire4969 said:

I know a farmer down Worcester who is a friend of Henson, Henson was told by the BBC producers to keep his slot in the program purely about farming after he received death threats for talking about culling badgers, he said the BBC have some very strict rules on what he can talk about on the program.

Plus the slot on the program helped save his farm from going bankrupt.

must admit the program is very bias towards the tree huggers and I can understand why this enquiry as been called for, but, be it a BBC internal or independent enquiry I doubt the format will change.

Edited by old'un

On 03/07/2022 at 09:35, rimfire4969 said:

Yes  he is a really nice bloke

We shot at Chatsworth clay shoot with him and he was the host. Just wont put his head up because he is on with a good thing

Maybe a bit like Clarkson and his farming programme where i felt he just bottled it a bit about having a shoot etc

He could have showed pigeon shooting as part of crop control 

Just now, jall25 said:

Yes  he is a really nice bloke

We shot at Chatsworth clay shoot with him and he was the host. Just wont put his head up because he is on with a good thing

Maybe a bit like Clarkson and his farming programme where i felt he just bottled it a bit about having a shoot etc

He could have showed pigeon shooting as part of crop control 

And foxing to protect his lambs