airgun forum

bruno22rf

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Richard308 said:

Pure disaster. A shame I liked the site. Found no messing with sales. I know not perfect but very little is these days

So definitely gone then?, presumably something has happened to the owner 

it is a shame if it’s gone, nice bunch of lads on there

Hello, I've been on the AGF many many years and found it ok but the last few years there have been changes that many members found a bit OTT but some mods did not like expressing your views so quite a few were banned, some mods could be quite aggressive , stupid really as it is only a public forum for anyone interested in Air Rifle shooting, Shotgun and FAC, the only advice I could give if there's a new forum proposed is choose your mods wisely , 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/778631993580203/

30 minutes ago, Ttfjlc said:

@adymorris there’s a facebook group which has been created to keep people informed of any progress. It currently appears that the owner has disappeared and another guy is going to start a new forum

yeah just found it on Rapid forum, thanks for the heads up

8 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I've been on the AGF many many years and found it ok but the last few years there have been changes that many members found a bit OTT but some mods did not like expressing your views so quite a few were banned, some mods could be quite aggressive , stupid really as it is only a public forum for anyone interested in Air Rifle shooting, Shotgun and FAC, the only advice I could give if there's a new forum proposed is choose your mods wisely , 

very reasons the airgun owners club was formed proper nice bunch of lads picking up a few of their members from this so not a total loss 

19 minutes ago, clangerman said:

very reasons the airgun owners club was formed proper nice bunch of lads picking up a few of their members from this so not a total loss 

Hello, I think joined in 2012 and it was an excellent forum, in fact it was a forum member who came up with the idea of a night vision scope add on, Dave G would know as he made some good night vision ideas to with his torches and more,

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

6 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Totally agree, I often have posts/comments removed for stupid reasons, last one was going off topic - a discussion had taken a naturally wider scope of views and opinions yet mine was the only one removed.

I don't like the rule about not advertising a sale item elsewhere. FAC air is usually slow/hard to sell.

For example I've had one advertised across three forums for over a year now at a fair price without one person coming to see it: If it was on there it might never sell but I wouldn't be allowed to try it elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

I don't like the rule about not advertising a sale item elsewhere. FAC air is usually slow/hard to sell.

For example I've had one advertised across three forums for over a year now at a fair price without one person coming to see it: If it was on there it might never sell but I wouldn't be allowed to try it elsewhere.

Hello, have to agree, as I mentioned there were mods with small brains, I think that's why a lot of people left, complained then were banned, it's not an exclusive club, I've never sold anything on the AGF, 

4 hours ago, Dave-G said:

That's probably their best rule,  along with the sales history and feedback,  you know if your buying from a trusted seller and that the item is still there. And the seller can see if your a good buyer and won't mess them about. 

It's also clear and easy to understand yet folk still tried to ignore it then spat their dummy out when pulled up on it.

59 minutes ago, Good shot? said:

Apparently Andy, the AGF site owner has passed away according to a Facebook post..

Just read the post now, must have been something sudden. 

9 minutes ago, Mice! said:

That's probably their best rule,  along with the sales history and feedback,  you know if your buying from a trusted seller and that the item is still there. And the seller can see if your a good buyer and won't mess them about. 

It's also clear and easy to understand yet folk still tried to ignore it then spat their dummy out when pulled up on it.

Just read the post now, must have been something sudden. 

Oh that's not good news, my thoughts are with his family

Sorry to hear about the owner passing away i was only a member for 3 or 4 years but as has been said the sales rules was good and you knew that you were reasonably sure you would get what you paid for and there was some very good advice for newcomers.

I  hope i find the same sort of camaraderie on here if you accept me, Good shooting BSA FAN 

Sad news about Andy.

Does anyboby know how to go about ordering a britseal off mikeyhall?I did a search on here and found an email address orange something.I fired one off in the vague hope it is his.I don't do facebook at all but he must advertise elsewhere surely.

Cheers,Andy.

On 04/07/2022 at 22:29, oldypigeonpopper said:

Spot on mate 

Mick

Looking at whats being said the site will be open for 7 days so stuff can be transferred over, looks like people will then need to re register on the new site, no PM information will be moved over so anything you want or people you want to contact do it quickly.