Garden Shed

billytheghillie

You can't do any better, including value wise, than building one yourself, or getting on built on site to your specifications. I built a 10ft X 20ft workshop/shed for my partner for little more than a commercially made one + base. It has a concrete strip footing and base (with re-mesh), a brick plinth with timber and ply construction on this. Feather edge cladding and Onduline roof covering to complete, and was very good value for money,,,, IMO anyway 🤭😂 Also it was constructed from 3x2 and 4x2, not the thin fragile timber used on the manufactured sheds.

I can provide pictures of during and post construction if required 😉

My only advice for what it’s worth is try to get one with a proper tongue and groove one inch floor and roof,the chipboard ones twist and warp if they get a bit damp.Tongue and groove sides too is preferable,and if having Perspex windows,get the thicker 4mm stuff,the thin 2mm discolours quite quick.

Edited by TOPGUN749

On 03/07/2022 at 14:40, JKD said:

You can't do any better, including value wise, than building one yourself, or getting on built on site to your specifications. I built a 10ft X 20ft workshop/shed for my partner for little more than a commercially made one + base. It has a concrete strip footing and base (with re-mesh), a brick plinth with timber and ply construction on this. Feather edge cladding and Onduline roof covering to complete, and was very good value for money,,,, IMO anyway 🤭😂 Also it was constructed from 3x2 and 4x2, not the thin fragile timber used on the manufactured sheds.

I can provide pictures of during and post construction if required 😉

I'd be interested to see pics if they're handy? (Another shed is one of many things on the list to do!)

3 hours ago, sandspider said:

I'd be interested to see pics if they're handy? (Another shed is one of many things on the list to do!)

No problem fella, if you PM me your email address I'll send some over the weekend if that's ok? Or I could start another thread to show what can be built for little more than a similar supplied shed/workshop.

I've just brought a 4m x 2.4m metal flat pack container which at a later date will add another as you can join them together . Was gonna get the 4m x 6m but at 3.5k was a bit too much for my liking also would have taken up the whole bit of garden to the side of my house. Nice and strong as will house all my tools and about 8k worth of fishing gear so wanted something a bit stronger then wood. Also if i ever want to move it a few not's and bolts and it's apart.

12 hours ago, fse10 said:

I've just brought a 4m x 2.4m metal flat pack container which at a later date will add another as you can join them together . Was gonna get the 4m x 6m but at 3.5k was a bit too much for my liking also would have taken up the whole bit of garden to the side of my house. Nice and strong as will house all my tools and about 8k worth of fishing gear so wanted something a bit stronger then wood. Also if i ever want to move it a few not's and bolts and it's apart.

Hello, well done, it will sweat in winter but a small low watt green house heater will take the chill off unless you going to fit it out as a workshop, you can also line it, a dab of grease on the bolts when finished will keep threads from rusting

• 1 month later...