Introduction to water

Picked this pup up at 10 weeks and now starting to introduce him to different environments at 4 months old. This was recall with a little water thrown in as a distraction. I will post others as we progress through training. At this stage it’s just about having fun and will be for a good while yet.

On 03/07/2022 at 18:01, Dave at kelton said:

Picked this pup up at 10 weeks and now starting to introduce him to different environments at 4 months old. This was recall with a little water thrown in as a distraction. I will post others as we progress through training. At this stage it’s just about having fun and will be for a good while yet.

We would kill for a beach like that here in Devon empty ! No people …it looks like heaven for a young gundog ,fun for both of you… a little jealous.(he looks like a cracker. )

Edited by holloway
Addition

7 hours ago, holloway said:

We would kill for a beach like that here in Devon empty ! No people …it looks like heaven for a young gundog ,fun for both of you… a little jealous.(he looks like a cracker. )

Up on the North Coast for a couple of weeks, beaches mostly deserted until summer holidays and even then not busy. Great little dog, getting a size, full of energy and a fast learner. Massive potential

Excellent.  I was fortunate to have access to a small river with shallows and as soon as my pups where old enough to go for a walk I took them there and initially waded across very shallow stretches of a few inches then eventually moved on until the water got deeper and the pups took to it like ducks. My old chocy lab Muffin was the only fog I have sen which would actually dive after a 'diver' and retrieve it under water. Mind he was an exceptional dog all round.

At 7 months old I am appreciating that there is a real love of the water for labs

This was on a very early walk to avoid the heat yesterday, and amazed at how focused he was on retrieving his stick, ignored the ducks.

We go for regular swims and just have fun, but this is the best he has been. Like a lot of others started out with very shallow water in a small pool nearby and when went to the beach, Now have to be careful as he is so keen to get into the water  (hence the harness as he can go in at a steep bank area and has difficulty getting out!)

20220710_065917.jpg

VideoCapture_20220711-220958.jpg