One for the Beach Fishermen/Ladies , Heads up on the Mackerel fishing, Sussex/ Hampshire/ Dorset,

oldypigeonpopper

Hello, as above, Have put my old Mentor hat on again to help a young chap start Beach and Trout fishing, the latter is easy with Farmoor being a good venue, but not been beach fishing for many many years so looking at some days on the Mackerel around Hayling, Selsey, Portsmouth , maybe Chesil Beach , if you hear when  there's mackerel about give us a shout👍

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

In Cornwall the mackerel is still too far out for spinning off the jetty . but the boats are catching plenty

How about treating him to an hour mackerel fishing trip, they are about £15 here in Mevagissey so probably about the same where you are

he should catch a lot of fish  which will greatly focus his interest 

51 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

In Cornwall the mackerel is still too far out for spinning off the jetty . but the boats are catching plenty

How about treating him to an hour mackerel fishing trip, they are about £15 here in Mevagissey so probably about the same where you are

he should catch a lot of fish  which will greatly focus his interest 

Hello, he just wants to fish a beach about 1/ 1 .5 hours drive from here in South Oxon ,he works most 7 days so we could catch a high tide if we knew there was mackerel about, he's driving 👍, as happens my son and his girlfriend spent the weekend in Mevagissey , brought me back a nice pasty ( chocolate 🤔?) I loved to fish off the beach years ago and could put a bait out 100 yards plus, with old age now be more like 20🙄

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

2 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, he just wants to fish a beach about 1/ 1 .5 hours drive from here in South Oxon ,he works most 7 days so we could catch a high tide if we knew there was mackerel about, he's driving 👍, as happens my son and his girlfriend spent a weekend in Mevagissey , brought me back a nice pasty ( chocolate ?) 

That could be a journey for nothing if the mackerel start feeding and moving inshore on the first of the flood tide 

just a thought 

Just now, Old farrier said:

That could be a journey for nothing if the mackerel start feeding and moving inshore on the first of the flood tide 

just a thought 

Thanks, always did 2 hours before and 2 hours after a high tide but understand what you saying, I shall also contact the tackle shops that are still going since I went fishing down south, cheers

5 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Thanks, always did 2 hours before and 2 hours after a high tide but understand what you saying, I shall also contact the tackle shops that are still going since I went fishing down south, cheers

It’s different in different areas it better over low here 

On 05/07/2022 at 07:43, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, as above, Have put my old Mentor hat on again to help a young chap start Beach and Trout fishing, the latter is easy with Farmoor being a good venue, but not been beach fishing for many many years so looking at some days on the Mackerel around Hayling, Selsey, Portsmouth , maybe Chesil Beach , if you hear when  there's mackerel about give us a shout👍

Hello, looking at Hayling Island , there's a good tackle shop and mackerel are showing off the east side beaches