Next Prime minister lads/lassies ?

ditchman

I'm with the bookies and this morning Penny M is on 3 to 1 out in front.  Sunak lying second a shor head behind and all the others trailing.  Lots of public input which has to influence the sitting MPs as they will be going into an election hoping to keep their jobs.  I must say Penny Maudant stands on the shoulders of the rest. Ex Millitary and great presence and not afraid to voice her opinion.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Brexit is done then what does it matter if the future leader originally voted to remain? None of the candidates are suggesting it should be reversed, it cannot be reversed.

Some of the comments here, go some way in supporting the assumption that Boris is worshipped in some quarters purely for getting Brexit done. Interesting line of "thought" / reasoning.

It is however kind of ironic that arguably the two most credible / serious candidates did originally vote to remain.

19 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

If Brexit is done then what does it matter if the future leader originally voted to remain? None of the candidates are suggesting it should be reversed, it cannot be reversed.

Some of the comments here, go some way in supporting the assumption that Boris is worshipped in some quarters purely for getting Brexit done. Interesting line of "thought" / reasoning.

It is however kind of ironic that arguably the two most credible / serious candidates did originally vote to remain.

I'll go with that.

Dunno if its fair to say that was and still is one of the most important issues of our time if we exclude things that were not of our making like COVID 19 and war massively raising food and all fuel prices with knock on effects in almost every industry that uses fuel, fertiliser wheat or cooking oil.

Edited by Dave-G

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

Boris is worshipped in some quarters purely for getting Brexit done. Interesting line of "thought" / reasoning.

It's probably the most significant thing a PM has done in the last twenty years or so, and certainly something that the whole country felt strongly about.

Margaret Thatcher re took the Falklands,  I can well imagine if it happened these days the response would be different. 

After that what has been done? Everything has just been normal run of the mill government business.

11 minutes ago, Mice! said:

It's probably the most significant thing a PM has done in the last twenty years or so, and certainly something that the whole country felt strongly about.

Margaret Thatcher re took the Falklands,  I can well imagine if it happened these days the response would be different. 

After that what has been done? Everything has just been normal run of the mill government business.

Not to mention the most ballsy thing to take on the establishment too. 

listened to Liz Truss launch...........never did like her right from the way the cons parachuted her into a norfolk seat...the local con association had a very good candidate lined up who was well known and active .....cons HQ overuled the association and thats how she ended up with the seat......she has done bee all in norfolk...she has only one thing on her agenda ....herself

her launch this morning was .....lets say ....poor.....she is not good at public speaking.....and without notes i daresay she is utterly useless.........the launch was so useless the media cut away from it before it ended

do not want to see her as Prime Minister............i say that with a shudder

18 minutes ago, Scully said:

Am liking that Penny Mordaunt! 😋

im liking penny as well for several reasons............BUT  do i trust her ??? !!!!!!!!!!!!..........trust and MP's is not something you see in the same sentence

what will determine the sucess of the next prime minister is ...

1. the quality of the SPADS
  2. Her cabinate
  3. her relationship with the media.... 
Edited by ditchman

8 minutes ago, ditchman said:

im liking penny as well for several reasons............BUT  do i trust her ??? !!!!!!!!!!!!..........trust and MP's is not something you see in the same sentence

what will determine the sucess of the next prime minister is ...

1. the quality of the SPADS
  2. Her cabinate
  3. her relationship with the media.... 

Does not matter who is chosen the media will hound them . It must be so hard to be squeaky clean . You can't even have a bit of cake before they hound you. 

21 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

It must be so hard to be squeaky clean . You can't even have a bit of cake before they hound you. 

Do you honestly believe that was the problem with the last loser we had as PM? 

I think some have to accept that they just made a mistake with their selection. It could be much worse some even thought Trump was a good choice too. They just need to reset their judgement and evaluation scale. 

33 minutes ago, oowee said:

think some have to accept that they just made a mistake with their selection. It could be much worse some even thought Trump was a good choice too. They just need to reset their judgement and evaluation scale. 

Didn't the USA prosper though under Trump? That is the leaders job, to take the country forwards. 

36 minutes ago, oowee said:

Do you honestly believe that was the problem with the last loser we had as PM? 

I think some have to accept that they just made a mistake with their selection. It could be much worse some even thought Trump was a good choice too. They just need to reset their judgement and evaluation scale. 

I belived they hounded him . That was all that was on the news.  All talk of cake , while Starmer got away with what he did having a drink with his pals .

Does not matter who is in power the media is out to get them, that's the way it is .

Edited by johnphilip

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Didn't the USA prosper though under Trump? That is the leaders job, to take the country forwards. 

:hmm:

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

I belived they hounded him . That was all that was on the news.  All talk of cake , while Starmer got away with what he did having a drink with his pals .

Does not matter who is in power the media is out to get them, that's the way it is .

Does not matter who is in power the media will hold them to account.