Next Prime minister lads/lassies ?

ditchman

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

Does not matter who is in power the media will hold them to account. 

Oh Wait Youre Serious GIF - Oh Wait Youre Serious Let Me Laugh - Discover &  Share GIFs

We have the son of sitting president of the US openly dealing crack, caught on video, and barely a peep from the media.  Imagine if Trump's son had done the same? 

Meanwhile the man himself is obviously in cognitive decline and the media just...doesn't report it.  He even held up his crib notes to camera the other day, and keeps mentioning that 'they' don't let him talk to anyone.

Ok, so Fox has the occasional '*** did we just watch?' report, but the majority of the US and UK media re silent.

The media do not hold you to account if you have the 'correct' views/agenda.

5 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

The media do not hold you to account if you have the 'correct' views/agenda.

We were talking about the UK PM but I take your point but maybe there is just enough news here and in Ukraine to keep the journo's busy? 

26 minutes ago, oowee said:

Does not matter who is in power the media will hold them to account. 

And so they should,  but the British media clearly had an agenda, the were out to get Boris, but obviously not Starmer. 

I don't follow USA media,  but I was amazed Biden got in given his age, and that he is still there with what's gone on, there are normally smear campaigns in the elections, they won't have had to try hard to find the dirt.

23 minutes ago, Mice! said:

And so they should,  but the British media clearly had an agenda, the were out to get Boris, but obviously not Starmer. 

Maybe because he lied about his parties and was summonsed. Rather than Starmer who was more upfront about having a beer and was not found to have breached the rules. 

Maybe it was because Boris is such a clown and con artist that had over a large proportion of the population? 

Maybe it was because he is PM and this was yet another farce in a long series of gaffs? 

Rather than Starmer who was more upfront about having a beer and was not found to have breached the rules. 

This made me smile.

Upfront with his ever changing story. Beer whilst working, food brought in because nowhere was open (a complete lie), Rayner not there, but was.

I seem to recall that witnesses to Starmer's party were never interviewed. They might not have agreed with the eventual outcome, so best not to let facts cloud the issue. 🙂

24 minutes ago, oowee said:

but maybe there is just enough news here and in Ukraine to keep the journo's busy? 

Tosh.

They set the agenda, literally the point of a news editor.  Ukraine disappeared from our screens during wall-to-wall Borisgate, too.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

We were talking about the UK PM

The way the media acted during the Trump presidency, you'd have thought the UK was the 51st state.

Other world leaders with the ‘correct’ viewpoint, such as Macron, ****-eau, Ardern, etc all seemingly can break their own restrictions as they see fit, and nobody ever picks them up on it, either

But if you want to talk domestic politicians:

Starmer:  Beer and curry following a ‘work event’.  Then promises to resign if he gets a FPN, knowing full well that Durham police don’t issue FPNs for historic Corona offences.  What does the media have to say about this crass, glaring duplicity?  Just shrugs.

Strugeon: (sic) Multiple infractions, on the net and for all to see.  Media?  Meh.

Drakeford:  Singing and dancing in a room full of people.  Media?  Crickets.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Maybe because he lied about his parties and was summonsed. Rather than Starmer who was more upfront about having a beer and was not found to have breached the rules. 

Maybe it was because Boris is such a clown and con artist that had over a large proportion of the population? 

Maybe it was because he is PM and this was yet another farce in a long series of gaffs? 

I would have pointed things out, but others already have,  Boris definitely got caught out with far too many things for the Tories to let him remain the PM, while others have done just the same, parties beers and more, but the media simply isn't bothered. 

But your not biased 😆😆

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Don’t forget he also won a big majority election on the strength of Brexit; the establishment and especially the media luvvies, celebrities etal aren’t ever going to forgive him for that. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Don’t forget he also won a big majority election on the strength of Brexit; the establishment and especially the media luvvies, celebrities etal aren’t ever going to forgive him for that. 

Thats certainly a good reason to look closely at his antics. He was never going to be a viable option as PM any journo worthy of the name is going to be on the case. 

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

I would have pointed things out, but others already have,  Boris definitely got caught out with far too many things for the Tories to let him remain the PM, while others have done just the same, parties beers and more, but the media simply isn't bothered. 

But your not biased 😆😆

The opposition leader of a minority party, who has yet to prove himself is going to pale into insignificance as a story compared to blustering PM. 

None of us are biased 🙂

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Thats certainly a good reason to look closely at his antics. He was never going to be a viable option as PM any journo worthy of the name is going to be on the case. 

It’s strange really, because there’s so many out there blaming him for taking us out of the EU, but at times others claiming he hasn’t? 🤔

18 hours ago, Mice! said:

, the were out to get Boris, but obviously not Starmer. 

Starmer has never made any declaration of policy since he was elected leader. He just sits on the fence and watches the world go by. All he has ever done is criticise Boris at every turn. 

now he is in trouble, no Boris anymore

15 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Starmer has never made any declaration of policy since he was elected leader. He just sits on the fence and watches the world go by. All he has ever done is criticise Boris at every turn. 

now he is in trouble, no Boris anymore

Bang on.
You could put a cardboard cut out of him on the front bench and no one would notice.

When it does speak , in that peculiar nasal twang (Did someone punch him really hard in the nose once ?) nothing comes out but criticism of tory policy. No ideas of his own , no input.
He says nothing constructive, he does nothing constructive, I fancy labour would replace him with someone with some brains and charisma, someone who stands a chance of getting them into any kind of power...

Alas , there is no one, which is sad for them...

23 hours ago, oowee said:

Do you honestly believe that was the problem with the last loser we had as PM? 

I think some have to accept that they just made a mistake with their selection. It could be much worse some even thought Trump was a good choice too. They just need to reset their judgement and evaluation scale. 

A lot more than some, Donald was certaibnly a better choice than the two numpries they have now dragging the USA below ground level and even their supporters only give them 34%.  Have you watched Bidens performace in Israel. He had to ask someone what he had to do as soon as he stepped off the steps of the plane.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Bang on.
You could put a cardboard cut out of him on the front bench and no one would notice.

When it does speak , in that peculiar nasal twang (Did someone punch him really hard in the nose once ?) nothing comes out but criticism of tory policy. No ideas of his own , no input.
He says nothing constructive, he does nothing constructive, I fancy labour would replace him with someone with some brains and charisma, someone who stands a chance of getting them into any kind of power...

Alas , there is no one, which is sad for them...

Agree. A lawer friend told me if he was worth anyhting he would be earning four times his present salary in Chambers.

23 hours ago, oowee said:

I think some have to accept that they just made a mistake with their selection. It could be much worse some even thought Trump was a good choice too. They just need to reset their judgement and evaluation scale. 

I’ll admit I was mistaken about Boris, but none of us on here selected him as Tory leader, that decision lay elsewhere, even though at the time I thought he was the right choice. 
If you’re referring to his selection come the election, then who else would anyone capable of rational thought vote for…Corbyn? The Greens? LibDems? Incidentally, where is she nowadays? I can’t even recall her name!🙂

58 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’ll admit I was mistaken about Boris, but none of us on here selected him as Tory leader, that decision lay elsewhere, even though at the time I thought he was the right choice. 
If you’re referring to his selection come the election, then who else would anyone capable of rational thought vote for…Corbyn? The Greens? LibDems? Incidentally, where is she nowadays? I can’t even recall her name!🙂

This is pretty much where I (and millions of other people)was at with Boris Johnson. We had no other realistic options .

I honestly thought that Boris was doing OK with some things , but the lies , and lack of integrity , were just unbelievable. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

For me anyone but Boris (particularly as I had come across him a few times as mayor) or Corbyn both complete toss pots. Anyone with a plan that looked half sensible ruled out most everyone else. I could live with a candidate from any party if they are effective locally but my Tory is JRMogg a complete fruit cake so he was out, Corbyn was a waste of earths resources. 

It's a tough one trying to find a spot on the ballot paper. 

23 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Mr Sunak gained a lead ?

It has been reported that his wife has opened ran and closed several companies which have since gone into administration owing HMRC hundreds of thousands and also claimed hundreds of thousands in Furlow payments, when challenged he said words to the effect " my wife`s tax affairs are none of your business " 

Edited by sportsbob

25 minutes ago, oowee said:

For me anyone but Boris (particularly as I had come across him a few times as mayor) or Corbyn both complete toss pots. Anyone with a plan that looked half sensible ruled out most everyone else. I could live with a candidate from any party if they are effective locally but my Tory is JRMogg a complete fruit cake so he was out, Corbyn was a waste of earths resources. 

It's a tough one trying to find a spot on the ballot paper. 

JR Mogg....the man's an idiot......he is also a slob.........what sort of people voted him in as their MP....says alot about them..????