Next Prime minister lads/lassies ?

ditchman

19 minutes ago, ditchman said:

JR Mogg....the man's an idiot......he is also a slob.........what sort of people voted him in as their MP....says alot about them..????

A future PM then, no doubt ?

Penny for PM , I dont think this country is ready for a posh Asian leader yet.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

It has been reported that his wife has opened ran and closed several companies which have since gone into administration owing HMRC hundreds of thousands and also claimed hundreds of thousands in Furlow payments, when challenged he said words to the effect " my wife`s tax affairs are none of your business " 

Typical Tory plonker 🤔👍

25 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

A future PM then, no doubt ?

Penny for PM , I dont think this country is ready for a posh Asian leader yet.

The mix and diversity of candidates is impressive. I can't imagine the Tory membership is ready for an Asian leader. Penny comes over well, I don't know much re her politics. 

23 hours ago, oowee said:

Maybe because he lied about his parties and was summonsed. Rather than Starmer who was more upfront about having a beer and was not found to have breached the rules. 

Maybe it was because Boris is such a clown and con artist that had over a large proportion of the population? 

Maybe it was because he is PM and this was yet another farce in a long series of gaffs? 

Starmer ..so also maybe because the Police Commisioner is Labour and the Deputy Senior Police Officer happens to be her friend.  There was a very nasty smell about that decision. Like for like they should both have faced the music.

22 minutes ago, oowee said:

The mix and diversity of candidates is impressive. I can't imagine the Tory membership is ready for an Asian leader. Penny comes over well, I don't know much re her politics. 

I saw the 5 on the TV earlier and thought really? Who are you lot.

1 hour ago, sportsbob said:

It has been reported that his wife has opened ran and closed several companies which have since gone into administration owing HMRC hundreds of thousands and also claimed hundreds of thousands in Furlow payments, when challenged he said words to the effect " my wife`s tax affairs are none of your business " 

Yes, I came across a similar list of start up grants, bankruptcy and furlough payments and an impressive amount of unpaid debt and unpaid tax; and there was me feeling guilty for accepting a bit of cash back from HMRC! 😀

34 minutes ago, oowee said:

the "senior" others are starting to foulmouth her...they are a dirty lot....

36 minutes ago, ditchman said:

the "senior" others are starting to foulmouth her...they are a dirty lot....

Wait for the live debate,  could be interesting. 

I haven't listened to what's been said so far, now it's down to the 5 I'll have to pay some attention. 

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

Wait for the live debate,  could be interesting. 

I haven't listened to what's been said so far, now it's down to the 5 I'll have to pay some attention. 

1 minute ago, Bobba said:

Just watched the five candidates on the channel 4 debate. Whoever wins “we’re doomed Captain Mainwaring. We’re doomed”

Indeed we are certainly doomed............anyone spot a statesman/woman.........terribly terribly disapointed.......that sunak is a liar....keeps on going onabout "ilove this country"...........yeah...so why did he hang on to his green card....

the lot of them are imbeciles...self serving........Penny Mordant was just turning out the old conservertive one liners....

cant even be bothered to comment on the rest

christ what a bloody mess

4 hours ago, oowee said:

I can't imagine the Tory membership is ready for an Asian leader.

My father, a life long paid up Tory party member would be spinning in his grave.

Would also alienate a lot of grass root members I think, possibly sending votes towards any Faragesque party doing the rounds (allowing a Labour victory by default).

I'm not keen on Mordaunt but she's probably got the best chance of leading the Conservatives to another election win.

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’d love labour to get in, just to see the panic in Starmers eyes when the realisation hit him that he now had to create policy rather than criticism, but would it be worth it? 

superb :lol:

panic indeed

8 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’d love labour to get in, just to see the panic in Starmers eyes when the realisation hit him that he now had to create policy rather than criticism, but would it be worth it? 

Be careful what you wish for.

22 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Indeed we are certainly doomed............anyone spot a statesman/woman.........terribly terribly disapointed.......that sunak is a liar....keeps on going onabout "ilove this country"...........yeah...so why did he hang on to his green card....

the lot of them are imbeciles...self serving........Penny Mordant was just turning out the old conservertive one liners....

cant even be bothered to comment on the rest

christ what a bloody mess

I didn't realise it was tonight 😅😅 sounds like it went well.

i think one of the most telling things was the audeance.....they have lost any trust they have in the politicle cast...and i know how they feel..........all the govt....govt's do in the last couple of decades is just tinker at the edges...instead of actually changing things.........all they do is support the rich at the cost of the ordinary people..then they know they will keep the country on an even keel and their jobs and pensions will be safe...

i used to remember in the early 70's....the harder i worked the more money i got...i was i love with time and a half and double time........mortgages were a doddle 2.5 X your salary..and dosh left over........

just seems we are continuing to go backwards...

1 hour ago, Wymondley said:

I agree, but we're both old enough to understand the damage Labour can do to the country.

I'd like to enjoy my retirement and leave something to my children, not have it all taken away in taxes because I had the decency to work hard and save.

That's why we need the tories out. Tax is the highest in history under this administration. It will take more than 10 years to put right the mess we are in. 

Made me laugh hearing about the economic mess we are in from the very party that put us there. 

6 minutes ago, oowee said:

That's why we need the tories out. Tax is the highest in history under this administration. It will take more than 10 years to put right the mess we are in. 

Made me laugh hearing about the economic mess we are in from the very party that put us there. 

Be fair now now, covid 19 and war restricting supplies of food, fertiliser and energy to almost the entire central and northern hemisphere is what got so many countries into an economic mess. Mistakes were made by umpteen prime ministers and presidents. The furlough generosity has to be paid for and anything that needs supplies from Russia and Ukraine is expensive if it can be got. 

Its economic reality - not caused by Boris or the Tories.

54 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Be fair now now, covid 19 and war restricting supplies of food, fertiliser and energy to almost the entire central and northern hemisphere is what got so many countries into an economic mess. Mistakes were made by umpteen prime ministers and presidents. The furlough generosity has to be paid for and anything that needs supplies from Russia and Ukraine is expensive if it can be got. 

Its economic reality - not caused by Boris or the Tories.

UK trade with the EU is at its lowest. The UK outlook is poor and the market is betting against us. Low and middle income families £8k worse off than comparable nations (LS Economics). Low growth, low productivity and high levels of inequality.

Just before the 2008 crash gdp was 6% below Germany by 2019 it was 11 % behind. In the last quarter 21 UK GDP was 0.2 percent lower than pre pandemic, at the same period the EU has grown by 1,5%. Since the referendum the UK GDP has grown 3.8% and the EU has grown 8.5%. (OECD) 

Of course much of it is global impact but we are simply doing nothing to prepare to get out of the mess. We are drifting about waiting for the storm to hit us. We have no plan and no preparation for anything. We leave the EU and don't replace the trade arrangements. We had a pandemic plan which we did not enable. WE have no energy strategy and have failed to ensure we have sufficient power. We pay for farmers not to farm and we face food inflation.

Surely we could put some plans in place for the basics of provision. 

Edited by oowee

We leave the EU and don't replace the trade arrangements. We had a pandemic plan which we did not enable. WE have no energy strategy and have failed to ensure we have sufficient power. We pay for farmers not to farm and we face food inflation.

Yeah, Germanys energy strategy is working well for them. How did the EU countries get on with their pandemic plans. 

I'll agree farmers ought not to have been be paid to stoopidly set land aside in favour of making European farmers more profitable.  :)

I imagine that matter is being addressed since the war and that we now don't have to bow to EU overlords quite so much ATM, one hopes even less in the near future as Brexit get done more effectively. Hopefully UK will again become more self sufficient in both food and produce, we're certainly getting plenty of cheap labour arriving by the boatload.

I'll also agree maybe the next Tory leader can get us less net zero panic now Carrie doesn't get to have any influence on policies. 

12 hours ago, oowee said:

13 years of (the last) labour government cost us 10 years of austerity, and for all those years labour blamed the tories for austerity ! Thats laughable.
Now labour blame the tories for the tax hikes to try and pay back covid monies, and for energy hikes they had virtually no control over.
labour do a great blame game, yet come up with NO solutions other than borrow more money, and tax the rich, yet when they were in power , they did a lot of borrowing , and DIDNT tax the rich .
They fight a class war that doesnt exist anymore, across an imaginary divide in society.
Utterly pathetic.