Next Prime minister lads/lassies ?

ditchman

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

dont trust Truss one bit.....she has changed her spots several times.......i think she would take us closer to the EU thro apathy.......she is in it for herself...like sunak..

She's the Boris continuum, albeit slightly degraded in some aspects, I'm now at the point of anyone but her.

Just seen that one of Mourdant's supporters has had his whip removed - how low will this lot go...

Edited by Raja Clavata
now, not not

18 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

She's the Boris continuum, albeit slightly degraded in some aspects, I'm now at the point of anyone but her.

Just seen that one of Mourdant's supporters has had his whip removed - how low will this lot go...

feel very much the same.......................word has it the reason why whotsit had the whip removed is because he didntvote as he was with the president of moldova...and he happens to be a mordant supporter...........

23 minutes ago, ditchman said:

feel very much the same.......................word has it the reason why whotsit had the whip removed is because he didntvote as he was with the president of moldova...and he happens to be a mordant supporter...........

yep, on official government business as far as I can tell

42 minutes ago, ditchman said:

18 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

yep, on official government business as far as I can tell

On the news yesterday it was said that Boris was the only Conservative MP to have not cast a vote.

35 minutes ago, Rem260 said:

OK as your incapable of answering the question. Yes it is. So who is your alternative.? 

Oh! That's very sad. 

We owe it to our children at the very least to try and get this country back on track. I doubt the Tories are going to do it on their own. Not that they are incapable but single parties are often driven by rhetoric and slogans. That's why Boris was such a disappointment having won a large majority he had the chance to make a real difference. A difference that could be spread over a couple of terms.

My  alternative would be a hung parliament with a more balanced agenda. That will not happen without credible oposition. We have to hope now that the new leader can change the culture and direction of the party and that labour, the Greens and the Lib Dem's can get their acts together to push for change. If the choice is not so clear cut as it was last time then we have a chance that things might change.

I cant see it happening myself. Kier seems to be having a hard slog with reforms and Edd is silent in most regards. Decent policy ideas from the Greens, at least those deliverable in the short term will be grabbed by the other parties. 

20 minutes ago, oowee said:

My  alternative would be a hung parliament with a more balanced agenda.

Ah, the Italian model - all sweetness and light one day then one set throws it's toys out of the pram and hey-ho back to elections. 

The betting is that a coalition would be very left leaning with rampant green influence that would hammer the working majority with it's loony policies.   You may not have, but I have experience a lib dem/green council and their policies were such that it made life for people working/shopping  in the town difficult to say the least.

39 minutes ago, oowee said:

That's why Boris was such a disappointment having won a large majority he had the chance to make a real difference. A difference that could be spread over a couple of terms.

But for Covid he would have been able to do as he pleased, and the country would have prospered.

41 minutes ago, oowee said:

My  alternative would be a hung parliament with a more balanced agenda. That will not happen without credible oposition. We have to hope now that the new leader can change the culture and direction of the party and that labour, the Greens and the Lib Dem's can get their acts together to push for change. If the choice is not so clear cut as it was last time then we have a chance that things might change

This idea of a coalition government you have will never work, nothing would get done, it would just be a stalemate till the next elections. 

what depresses me is....when i think who is going to be PM and represent our country at the despatch box...who do we want 

1. Richi sunak standing on a beer crate with a permenant nervous smile on his face..being savaged by Raynor
  2. Truss........looking like a rabbit caught in the headlights just before it becomes road kill...(thats if she dosnt get lost trying to find the dispatch box)

thats what people see and thats what they will vote for...........what a bloody awful mess............and i still blame the SPAD mentality for causing all this.......makes me puke seeing those arrogant little scum bags using the front door of 10 Downing street wearing jeans and tee shirts..........appalling....

4 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

I don't get how Sunak has so much backing when he was up the top of the tree with bojo. Yet he seems to be getting alot of backing.  

Remainer sponsered by WEF, the remainers are voting Sunak and the Brexiteers are voting the other way.

The hard reality is that a large proportion of the general public don’t pay that much attention to politics. 

A lot of people don’t even turn up to vote. 

BUT… at the moment… with the cost of living crisis etc, people are being hit hard where it hurts, in their pockets. 

Which means that a significant amount of people will view the current system as not working for them. 

A massive amount of people who were previously ‘middle class’, or what the Tories clarified as ‘JAM‘s’ (Just about managing) will notice the difference in their situation … and are likely to vote for  Labour or another party, simply because the current situation for them is so bad …. 

“It can’t be worse than it is at the moment” type of thinking … 

The Tories have a real issue holding onto power over coming years … Labour doesn’t even have to offer a great alternative … the simply alternative of “it can’t be as bad as this” … is all that’s needed. 

4 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

The hard reality is that a large proportion of the general public don’t pay that much attention to politics. 

A lot of people don’t even turn up to vote. 

BUT… at the moment… with the cost of living crisis etc, people are being hit hard where it hurts, in their pockets. 

Which means that a significant amount of people will view the current system as not working for them. 

A massive amount of people who were previously ‘middle class’, or what the Tories clarified as ‘JAM‘s’ (Just about managing) will notice the difference in their situation … and are likely to vote for  Labour or another party, simply because the current situation for them is so bad …. 

“It can’t be worse than it is at the moment” type of thinking … 

The Tories have a real issue holding onto power over coming years … Labour doesn’t even have to offer a great alternative … the simply alternative of “it can’t be as bad as this” … is all that’s needed. 

Good post Lloyd 

4 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

I don't disagree at all - but the other side of the coin is this;

IF any party were to offer big rises now, use Government subsidies to keep fuel and energy costs down, pressurise the Bank of England to keep interest rates low ........ they would have to finance (the vast majority anyway) it by borrowing money.  Borrowed money has to be paid back - something often forgotten and one of the reasons some people run up big credit card debts.  All we would be doing is mortgaging following generations future.

It is a popular policy with many people; why should they care - they will be long gone by then; someone else's problem.

That, in effect was what Corbyn, McDonnell and Co were offering - and chillingly McDonnell even hinted that should the interest rates cause the debt burden to get too great, they would have to consider their options, hinting at defaulting.

The message here is that when in a hole, digging deeper isn't the way out.

13 hours ago, Mice! said:

But for Covid he would have been able to do as he pleased, and the country would have prospered.

What evidence would you cite in supporting this?

The flip side of this is that COVID may well have temporarily hidden the true horrors of Brexit.

I'm not proposing one over the other, my personal view is that COVID trumped pretty much everything.