Next Prime minister lads/lassies ?

ditchman

21 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

People it seems love a rogue

Like you, I'm not a Boris fan, but I have to agree - he's got something that appeals to many.  A 'Marmite" character is I guess the fashionable phrase.  Clarkson is another who has it, whatever 'it' is.

I didn't want Boris as the leader, but there was no decent alternative then, and there isn't now - but I'm not convinced he can come back - if only due to the constant questions over truthfulness and the turning a blind eye to the 'parties' which riled so many people.  Personally I couldn't see much harm in a gathering outside in the garden of people who had worked together indoors in the day ......... other than that it broke the rules they set and then there was a whole mass of at best half truths offered up as excuses.  Sunak was also involved I suspect (lives above No 10 whereas Boris lives above No 11).

I also think his wife has interfered to a degree that makes him a bit of a liability as he seems to be putty in her hands, and she has some very 'woke' friends.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Like you, I'm not a Boris fan, but I have to agree - he's got something that appeals to many.  A 'Marmite" character is I guess the fashionable phrase.  Clarkson is another who has it, whatever 'it' is.

I didn't want Boris as the leader, but there was no decent alternative then, and there isn't now - but I'm not convinced he can come back - if only due to the constant questions over truthfulness and the turning a blind eye to the 'parties' which riled so many people.  Personally I couldn't see much harm in a gathering outside in the garden of people who had worked together indoors in the day ......... other than that it broke the rules they set and then there was a whole mass of at best half truths offered up as excuses.  Sunak was also involved I suspect (lives above No 10 whereas Boris lives above No 11).

I also think his wife has interfered to a degree that makes him a bit of a liability as he seems to be putty in her hands, and she has some very 'woke' friends.

Indeed, it was because of Princess Nut Nut that I wanted to see BJ go.

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

Most people sort of like Boris,  but , just about everyone got sick of his , lies , xxxxxxxx , and arrogance.  It's a great shame , because with a bit of honesty,  he could have been everyones hero .

@oowee really likes him 😅😅

Imagine if he comes back saying I've learnt my lessons 😳😳😁

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

He is a really nice bloke. I have had drinks with him in town a couple of times when he was Mayor and he is great fun. 

Probably too nice, I'm not sure he's ever acted like the Prime minister,  maybe that's why people like him.

29 minutes ago, Mice! said:

@oowee really likes him 😅😅

Imagine if he comes back saying I've learnt my lessons 😳😳😁

He's certainly got the brass neck to try it 😄.

9 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Probably too nice, I'm not sure he's ever acted like the Prime minister,  maybe that's why people like him.

I reckon that's half of his problem.  

When he walked in on that party , he should have said " what the hell  do you lot think your doing ? , don't you know what's going on ? , and that we've got most of the country on lockdown ?"  , but he didn't.  He grabbed a glass , and joined in the party . Then , denied it ever happened, then tried to blag his way out of it. 

It could have been oh so different,  if only he'd acted like a grown up.

44 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

He's certainly got the brass neck to try it 😄.

I reckon that's half of his problem.  

When he walked in on that party , he should have said " what the hell  do you lot think your doing ? , don't you know what's going on ? , and that we've got most of the country on lockdown ?"  , but he didn't.  He grabbed a glass , and joined in the party . Then , denied it ever happened, then tried to blag his way out of it. 

It could have been oh so different,  if only he'd acted like a grown up.

^^^^This, it's one of the reasons he couldn't make his mind up with any policies. He wants to try and please everyone. 

Well that just isn't possible, perhaps he should have concentrated on those and his manifesto that got him elected.

35 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

^^^^This, it's one of the reasons he couldn't make his mind up with any policies. He wants to try and please everyone. 

Well that just isn't possible, perhaps he should have concentrated on those and his manifesto that got him elected.

Blimey, steady on, next you'll want him to have a conscience and behave like a gentleman!

26 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

This is part of his downfall,  but it's also what convinced so many people to vote for him in the first place.

As a labour voter , I'll happily admit that I believed in Boris ( not that most of us had much choice , considering the alternative) . When he won the general election,  he acknowledged all the none traditional tory voters , and to me , as one of those people  , this was very important. 

All things considered,  I honestly believe that he did a half decent job with covid . yes I know he got some things monstrously wrong , but things could have been so much worse. 

I also think that he's tried his best with brexit , and it was covid that really put the brakes on everything , just as it did with most of the rest of the planet.

It was the repeated lies , and disrespect,  that did it for me ( and most other people I think ).  I think that if he'd have just held his hands up and said sorry , I got it wrong , I'll do better next time  , the British public would have forgiven him for just about anything. 

7 hours ago, Mice! said:

That should tell people they need to cut back, the problem is they won't want to, you would like to think that people aren't daft enough to believe what Labour could say, but it happens every few terms.

As for the energy companies and rail etc making huge profits,  when has that ever been say different?

Without a doubt you are right, I’ve multiple friends who moan about not being able to get a house deposit but happily pizz their money up the wall down the boozer every single weekend, go out  for meals several times a week, smoke like a chimney, and go on multiple foreign holidays. 

I’ve spoken of the Irish couple before who lodged with us for a few years, they did all the above. 

They could EASILY have banked enough cash to buy a substantial property where we lived, after 3+ years of both being on very good money they moved back to Ireland into rented accommodation because they didn’t have savings to buy even over there where it’s a lot cheaper and continue to say they are hard done by because they weren’t gifted a house deposit. 

The fact is, they will continue to live that way, as will a massive portion of the British public. 

If that quality of life declines they don’t blame themselves they blame the Government. 

They’ll gladly vote Labour, they don’t care if it’s all fantasy, in their mind the Tories are the reason they can’t get ahead in life, in couldn’t  possibly be their own fault. 

The cost of living has gone up significantly and I do genuinely feel for people who are struggling to make ends meet, but the current view on hardship is not having the latest iPhones, games consoles, foreign holidays and all other things that people in the past experiencing poverty wouldn’t even dream of. 

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Most people sort of like Boris,  but , just about everyone got sick of his , lies , xxxxxxxx , and arrogance.  It's a great shame , because with a bit of honesty,  he could have been everyones hero .

I agree completely, he has achieved so much with Brexit and the pandemic

Not always perfect but better than the dogs snapping at his feet

30 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I agree completely, he has achieved so much with Brexit and the pandemic

Not always perfect but better than the dogs snapping at his feet

He hasnt delivered Brexit, ask NI and our Fishermen and women.  He has delivered an unfinshed mess that leaves us still paying Billions to the EU annually for absolutely no benefit.

2 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Jennifer Arcuri, Carrie etc etc he has constantly had something on the side.

But was he doing it while his wife was battling cancer? , because that lowers things to a whole other level.

37 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

He hasnt delivered Brexit, ask NI and our Fishermen and women.  He has delivered an unfinshed mess that leaves us still paying Billions to the EU annually for absolutely no benefit.

Unlike you probably, I talk to at least one Cornish fisherman fairly regularly.

No they are not happy at all but it's hardly Boris's fault that French and Spanish trawlers are still fishing illegally in British waters. As they did before Brexit

12 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Unlike you probably, I talk to at least one Cornish fisherman fairly regularly.

No they are not happy at all but it's hardly Boris's fault that French and Spanish trawlers are still fishing illegally in British waters. As they did before Brexit

They have every licence they asked for and if they are fishing illegally Johnson has total responsibility ultimately to ensure our waters are policed just as he has a responsibility to secure our Borders.  It would seem both are a total farce, but hey ho mission accomplished!    

54 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, just listening to Mr Sunak , he talks the talk and walks the walk but as often as not if he becomes PM will he as so many prime minister's before him say they will make our country great again, how many times have we heard this ???

yup same old same old.............he must have been coached as well...he has some of john majors manorismns and some of tony blairs manorismns..........his words are type cast from so many speeches before..........its all rehashed carp.......all this is for his benifit....

the thing that truly annoys me is he must think "the ordinary people" dont know..........he underestimates the intelligence of the electorate...........

in other words he thinks we are stupid and will believe what we are told..........the British people many of them may not be erudite and have the ability of discoarse/language ....BUT they are certainly NOT stupid.......

and anyone who thinks or assumes so ...does at their peril.......