scolopax

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes, I too think Tom Tugendhat would be a front runner, but unfortunately there is not much of a list to choose from!   

He is the best of a bad bunch, and the only negative marks against him are that he is white, well educated, from a good family and ex-military all of which doesn’t score well in the current ‘age of morons’, where someone like Angela Rayner is celebrated for famously leaving school with not a single GCSE.

1 minute ago, Mungler said:

He is the best of a bad bunch, and the only negative marks against him are that he is white, well educated, from a good family and ex-military all of which doesn’t score well in the current ‘age of morons’, where someone like Angela Rayner is celebrated for famously leaving school with not a single GCSE.

Yes, all very sad, we are firmly stuck in this new "woke" balls up of a country!

1 minute ago, Newbie to this said:

Speak for yourself

Well, put another way, at the time there wasn’t another leader (or opposition leader) who was prepared to go as far as Boris did in releasing us from lockdown restrictions. Yes, some sectors took a hammering (eg entertainment) and in hindsight we can all now see there was some sort of media lead global stage hypnosis of all world leaders, but Boris stuck his neck out and went further than any other in dragging us out of covid nonsense.

10 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

It has just been said again on ITV news, most MP's not on his payroll voted against him.  Grace and favour buys votes in our corrupt Govt.

Ah well, if it’s true and you’re expecting different from any other party in or out of power, then you’re going to be bitterly disappointed. 

I ‘ve voted Tory all my life, if for no other reason than to keep labour out. I had high hopes for Boris, and although I think on the whole he got covid just about right given the advice he was given at the time, especially with the vaccine roll out, and whilst I couldn’t give a flying fig about party gate ( let’s not forget Rayner lied about her presence at similar ) there are just too many folk who lost family during covid and blame him directly for that loss, for him to survive a GE. 
There is no one suitable to replace him, and so Labour will get in. If you think we’re in trouble now, just wait ‘til that happens and they reseed the money tree. 🙂

Edited by Scully

56 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Like the late Diana Spencer. 

3 hours ago, Mungler said:

Well, put another way, at the time there wasn’t another leader (or opposition leader) who was prepared to go as far as Boris did in releasing us from lockdown restrictions. Yes, some sectors took a hammering (eg entertainment) and in hindsight we can all now see there was some sort of media lead global stage hypnosis of all world leaders, but Boris stuck his neck out and went further than any other in dragging us out of covid nonsense.

Which Christmas were you referring to, He definitely locked me down for at least one Christmas!

Edited by Newbie to this

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Interesting to see Sir Ed Davey and Sir Kier Starmer and Angela Rayner are bumping their gums calling for Boris to step down!

They realise Boris is a vote winner and want him gone.

Otherwise you would happily enjoy seeing him go from one lash up to the next. Making life easy for the opposition.

9 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I see a lot of criticism and I have lost patience with Boris, but don't see many answers. I see that they are incapable of running the country, despite a few successes, but who will run it better?

Please don't suggest Starmer.

This is the real problem. Nobody any better on the horizon in the Conservative ranks and Labour is not a viable alternative. 

He handed out over a million legal visas last year in his full control why, forget about the boat people.  This Government wastes a huge amount of Taxpayers money on nothing.  A huge assesment on value for money Government spending is needed.  I am not the PM just a Pleb who can see the very obvious.   This Govt wastes a huge amount of Taxpayers money and I am not paid paid a huge amount of money to sort it.  Do you think this Govt spends Taxpayers money effectively?

Here we go again, knocking Boris, but still without a clue as to what new policies should be. Anyone can trot out a list of what any Government isn't getting right. Just come up with specifics as to how you would put it right. I don't mean lazy statements like "tighten up on immigration" or "don't waste taxpayers money". 

It shows the limitations of your argument, which is strong on rhetoric, but nothing else.

Vince - any Conservative alternative ranges from the relatively unknown Tom Togendhat, to the known, but completely lightweight, Jeremy Hunt, Steve Baker, Lizz Truss etc.

As someone else pointed out - media persona is key. It has served Boris well at first, but remember who else capitalised on that aspect - Tony Blair.

a massive surprise that politicians mislead the public.do not carry out their promises from electioneering. never answer a question with a straight answer .boris is merely the latest of a long line and whoever follows him from whatever party will carry on this tradition.the media will no doubt keep this running until something comes along that takes their interest.but the only one certainty is we the public will pay the bill for having two dysfunctional parties in parliament

Edited by bostonmick

10 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, did number 10 have a welcome back Boris party, ooppss he never left 🤔😁

Still the 100+ staff involved (many of them senior civil servants) still have their jobs and no howls of sack them or for them to resign from the MSM, remoaners, and loony left.   Pure hate politics.

7 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Still the 100+ staff involved (many of them senior civil servants) still have their jobs and no howls of sack them or for them to resign from the MSM, remoaners, and loony left.   Pure hate politics.

Certainly is.

14 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

As you say pure hate politics.

The witch hunt by the media was relentless, almost as if they had a personal grudge against him.

Boris (likeable personality) is doomed because he'll open his mouth without having the brain in gear, saying what seems right at that moment in time.  Like a naughty public school boy where life is just one big jolly wheeze - being economic with the truth to a downright bare-faced lie doesn't work when you have the top job.

Are there any viable alternatives?  Jeremy Hunt perhaps, seems to have integrity - maybe a possibility.

11 minutes ago, Cosmicblue said:

Boris (likeable personality) is doomed because he'll open his mouth without having the brain in gear, saying what seems right at that moment in time.  Like a naughty public school boy where life is just one big jolly wheeze - being economic with the truth to a downright bare-faced lie doesn't work when you have the top job.

Are there any viable alternatives?  Jeremy Hunt perhaps, seems to have integrity - maybe a possibility.

another lieing ********..........short on the truth when it comes to declaring his wealth..

57 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

its like watching a pack of terriers fighting amongst themselves...........no interest in running the country or making things better for the people of this country...its all about them.........

4 hours ago, Mungler said:

Edited by Weihrauch17

11 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Johnson and co did well on Covid - not perfect, but better than other countries in my book. First to stand by Ukraine.

Got us out of the EU, albeit not completely finished.

However, he made a real hash of Partygate and I think he needs to go for the sake of the Tories' next election chances. I agree that he will probably make more damaging gaffes in the build up to the next election.

Tom Tugendhat is a relatively unknown quantity, but he would be my current choice.

I still think Boris will go, but when it suits him, if there was someone challenging for the PM job then maybe the vote would have had a different outcome,  but there isn't anybody openly saying I want the job.

Fuel and food has gone up, but that would have happened regardless of who was the PM.

Stability is what's needed at the moment,  not whinging about parties.

All this going on and Labour has done nothing at all, so how are they going to win votes?