Boris

scolopax

6 hours ago, discobob said:

@ditchman I bet he went private - even if it was NHS he would have gone private in effect

I just wish he would go back to being a PM instead of being photographed in a hi/vis jacket everywhere,  I  am convinced  he would go to the opening of an envelope if it got him on the front page. I am sick of seeing him in all these photo shoots is that what real PMs do now... 

from Auntie.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two lost seats, both in constituencies that had a leave majority in 2016 (ironically on the 6th anniversary of the historic vote).

The public have sussed Boris out for what he is, the bubble has burst, another nail in his coffin.

With Boris gone I am confident the Tories can still win the next general election, preferably with less of a majority than they currently enjoy, hopefully with a Leader and reformed party who learn the lessons of the Boris era and treat us plebs with just a little less disdain than the current regime. Here's hoping...

As i said in another post Boris is doing to the conservatives what Corbyn  done the Labor party by splitting them down the middle and it looks like the Lib dems are up and coming 

on a plus note at least Boris plane took off to  Rwanda 🤣 

Edited by Rim Fire

4 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

As i said in another post Boris is doing to the conservatives what Corbyn  done the Labor party by splitting them down the middle and it looks like the Lib dems are up and coming 

on a plus note at least Boris plane took off to  Rwanda 🤣 

What are they up to now? 15, not really going to change much is it?

2 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

As a seat no but in the GE there voters will make a big difference as i said up and coming 

Well they have an awful long way to go to become the deciding factor.

It would be interesting to see them replace the Labour party as the official opposition!

16 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It would be interesting to see them replace the Labour party as the official opposition!

You mean that??  -  their policies try to out red the reds and out green the greens so more of a muddy brown.

I have had the misfortune to live in an area that was under lib dem council control - total disaster for many residents particularly if you had to go to the town centre.

Edited by Yellow Bear

3 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

You mean that??  -  their policies try to out red the reds and out green the greens so more of a muddy brown.

I have had the misfortune to live in an area that was under lib dem council control - total disaster for many residents particularly if you had to go to the town centre.

I am reasonably sure that it will NEVER happen.  :cool1:

12 minutes ago, amateur said:

Oh dear, the multiple false dawns of the Liberals since Eric Lubbock have only kept the Grauniad hacks busy.

what did they say all them years ago after a by erection............"go home and prepare for government..."    Hhhahhhaahahh

yeah that worked out well didnt it

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Two lost seats, both in constituencies that had a leave majority in 2016 (ironically on the 6th anniversary of the historic vote).

The public have sussed Boris out for what he is, the bubble has burst, another nail in his coffin.

With Boris gone I am confident the Tories can still win the next general election, preferably with less of a majority than they currently enjoy, hopefully with a Leader and reformed party who learn the lessons of the Boris era and treat us plebs with just a little less disdain than the current regime. Here's hoping...

I think most Tory voters would be happy with that.

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

As a seat no but in the GE there voters will make a big difference as i said up and coming 

I don't see them ever really doing anything,  but they will take votes away from one party or the other.

54 minutes ago, amateur said:

Folk complain about Boris, but for a consistent list of dodgy types, look only to the Liberals and their successors

Lloyd George,

Jeremy Thorpe,

Cyril Smith,

Paddy Ashdown,

Charles Kennedy.

To be fair the last 4-6 years , who ever was in charge would be getting all kind of carp thrown at them. Just happens to be him and the Tories.. not sure anyone right now can or would do any better...

4 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Dear Raja.........

you are a pesermist.........i applaud your glass half full view.......i used to be like that........i have got to the stage that the vast majority of people in Parliament.....are unqualified self serving inexperienced arrogant totally useless oxygen theives

and that goes for ALL the parties....i cant remember a time when a goverment governed for the people and gave the people what they wanted............and quite honestly i dont know what the solution is...(unless it is totally radicle)

think we need to go down the route of a beneverlant dictator

am at a total loss at the awfulness of the calibre of westminster employees.....😢

I think the only things to save Boris is to solve the migrant channel crossing problems.

Just thinking getting Brexit done, probably accounted for winning a lot of red wall seats.

The other being a few more give aways from Rishi Sunknacker.

Edited by redial

8 hours ago, redial said:

I think the only things to save Boris is to solve the migrant channel crossing problems.

Just thinking getting Brexit done, probably accounted for winning a lot of red wall seats.

The other being a few more give aways from Rishi Sunknacker.

The French are contributing to the migrant problem IMO by making that part of brexit fail.

Edited by Dave-G

32 minutes ago, redial said:

Good point.

I don't understand if were not in the eu and migrants travel through several safe countries. Why can we not just pick them up and return them to france surely its an eu problem. 

Makes sense to me. 

Just now, mellors said:

I don't understand if were not in the eu and migrants travel through several safe countries. Why can we not just pick them up and return them to france surely its an eu problem. 

Makes sense to me. 

Johnson's regime issued 1.15 million Visas last year a record, he doesn't care one jot about immigration.

10 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Johnson's regime issued 1.15 million Visas last year a record, he doesn't care one jot about immigration.

where did you find this scare mongering - the numbers are

1,311,731 visas granted in 2021, 59% less than 2019 as a result of the global pandemic, but 36% higher than 2020. Of the visas granted in the latest 12 months, 33% were for study, 31% were to visit, 18% were to work, 3% were for family, and 14% for other reasons.

I make that 150 K ish that could, and I say could, be immigrants legal or otherwise. 

16 minutes ago, oowee said:

I was looking forward to the anniversary party for Brexit but guess there is nothing to celebrate. 😢

Nice try. 😀I did all my celebrating in the first few days following the vote result, while those who voted to stay were whipping themselves into an outraged hissy fit . 🙂