scolopax

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

It's not just the sex . They lie and cheat like its a perfectly acceptable way to behave.

I'm under no illusions whatsoever.  They're all as bad as each other.

Do we not have decent and honest men and women that could lead/run the country ?.

NO!

43 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Decent and honest people are not attracted to power and politics. 

The older I get , the more I tend to agree.

You'd think that on a basic human level , they would feel shame and embarrassment at their actions , but they just give the appearance of not caring in any way.

7 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

You'd think that on a basic human level , they would feel shame and embarrassment at their actions , but they just give the appearance of not caring in any way.

Politicians do not experience shame or embarrassment in the same way as normal people.  They are VERY thick skinned - as you do need to be in some jobs.

Boris will just appoint replacements for his chancellor and health minister I fear.  Will be unemployable after this is over, the normal avenues of consultancy/advisory positions that former prime ministers pursue will be closed and I doubt anyone would want him as a journalist either.

7 minutes ago, Cosmicblue said:

Boris will just appoint replacements for his chancellor and health minister I fear.  Will be unemployable after this is over, the normal avenues of consultancy/advisory positions that former prime ministers pursue will be closed and I doubt anyone would want him as a journalist either.

He would make a good host on " would I lie to you".

I suspect Boris will do well after leaving politics. A shifty individual, but a more entertaining speaker than Cameron or May. 

I wasn't surprised that Javid resigned. A friend of mine has met him and witnessed first hand that he has integrity. Dave, who is one of the most cynical people I know, rates him.

I won't hold my breath, but Boris really needs to leave now.

not surprised at all...........i have totally no respect for any politician.......all a bunch of self serving guttersnipes....

wouldnt it be nice for a govt to be found that would have the people first and foremost..

IMPOSSIBLE ???............im beginning to think so

They backed him just a week or so ago and now they resign. Hopefully that's the end but i guess he will dribble on and on like a leaking bladder. 

What a load of weak livered doh dohs this govt are. Who on earth would vote for this lot. Is Johnson the worst pm in history? 

58 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Rishi Sunak has resigned, the rats are leaving the ship to start their leadership campaigns, they can smell blood.

My thoughts exactly. 👍

They all know Boris very well, and knew what he was and wasn’t three years ago when they backed him to further their own agendas. Now he no longer suits their agenda, so they will dessert, regroup, deny all intention of of becoming scout master, and then go for it. Dib dib dib! 👍

1 minute ago, Scully said:

My thoughts exactly. 👍

They all know Boris very well, and knew what he was and wasn’t three years ago when they backed him to further their own agendas. Now he no longer suits their agenda, so they will dessert, regroup, deny all intention of of becoming scout master, and then go for it. Dib dib dib! 👍

That's politics for you.

22 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I wasn't surprised that Javid resigned. A friend of mine has met him and witnessed first hand that he has integrity. Dave, who is one of the most cynical people I know, rates him.

It would be nice to think that he resigned because he has integrity,  and not because its just part of the political game.

I've met quite a few MPs during my time with the local authority,  and in all honesty,  they've seemed like decent people ( I'm not that bright , but I can spot a blagger at 100 paces) , all except Michael Gove , he really was a horrible little xxxxwipe.

19 minutes ago, ditchman said:

not surprised at all...........i have totally no respect for any politician.......all a bunch of self serving guttersnipes....

wouldnt it be nice for a govt to be found that would have the people first and foremost..

IMPOSSIBLE ???............im beginning to think so

To have a government that you could trust , and who you knew had your very best interests at heart , would be an amazing thing.  I'd happily pay an extra 10% in income tax , and work until I dropped , if I thought that it would help to build a better future for my children and grandchildren,  in what could be the best country in the world. 

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

My thoughts exactly. 👍

Javid does not care, the only thing he cares about is getting the top job,