Boris

scolopax

On 02/07/2022 at 08:35, oowee said:

James O'Brien ?????

do me a favour, lets have somebody with at least a tiny bit of credibility, even if its only a bit

But James O'Brien?   not a credible source, he's a shock jock, 

Edited by Vince Green

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, oowee said:

They backed him just a week or so ago and now they resign. Hopefully that's the end but i guess he will dribble on and on like a leaking bladder. 

What a load of weak livered doh dohs this govt are. Who on earth would vote for this lot. Is Johnson the worst pm in history? 

A mate at work once said the boss likes to surround himself with idiots

makes him look good

The pound at a low against the dollar as the market bets against UK growth and puts its money on recession. Brexit hardly started, record inflation, food and fuel prices going through the roof. Exodus of R&D. No plan for energy, education, or economic growth. 

How bad does it have to get before the nation holds its hands up and says 'Get rid of them'? 

Thank goodness I had no part in this. 

42 minutes ago, oowee said:

The pound at a low against the dollar as the market bets against UK growth and puts its money on recession. Brexit hardly started, record inflation, food and fuel prices going through the roof. Exodus of R&D. No plan for energy, education, or economic growth. 

How bad does it have to get before the nation holds its hands up and says 'Get rid of them'? 

and the alternative is.................?

13 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

and the alternative is.................?

This, in all honesty. The only policy the opposition has is to criticise the policy of government. 
I’m wondering if it’s time that millionaires were excluded from politics? So many of them ( not all ) have absolutely no idea of what it’s like  to be an average working person, to be down to your last few quid, and not knowing how you’re going to pay your next bill. 
I’m not suggesting that that should be a defining factor, but many of them, when the going gets tough, simply resign and walk away from a job they were given without it having one iota of effect on their life, or that of their wife and other dependants like children, or even their standard of living. 
They just walk away, back to their millionaire lifestyle without a backward glance. It’s easy.

I could afford to not give a toss also, if I were a millionaire. 

Edited by Scully

13 minutes ago, Scully said:

This, in all honesty. The only policy the opposition has is to criticise the policy of government. 
I’m wondering if it’s time that millionaires were excluded from politics? So many of them ( not all ) have absolutely no idea of what it’s like  to be an average working person, to be down to your last few quid, and not knowing how you’re going to pay your next bill. 
I’m not suggesting that that should be a defining factor, but many of them, when the going gets tough, simply resign and walk away from a job they were given without it having one iota of effect on their life, or that of their wife and other dependants like children, or even their standard of living. 
They just walk away, back to their millionaire lifestyle without a backward glance. It’s easy.I could afford to not give a toss also, if I were a millionaire. 

Much like our wonderful judiciary!

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Have food and fuel prices not gone up across EUROPE?

The rest of it doesn't really mean much to the average working person. 

4 weeks ago my average shop was about £34 quid..........my average shop now is £42 quid.......the only thing that is keeping me on the straight and level ..is since ive moved my fuel bill is about a 1/6th of what it was as all the shops and docs are so close....

18 minutes ago, oowee said:

Really? 🤣🤣🤣

Go on then, if your working how does R&D affect you? Education hasn't stopped, inflation goes up and down,  people work, pay bills, eat and repeat.

Most people are more concerned with the ques at Manchester Airport,  if things were so bad why is there so much building work going on?

People have more disposable income nowadays than ever before,  mobile phones, Netflix,  Prime, Gym memberships etc etc

21 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Really looking forward to his resignation speech, been waiting a long time for this.

Savour it, because his replacement will be worse.

It’s a low bar, but just occasionally when Boris is backed into a corner he does something, you know, conservative. His replacement will be a continuity-new-Labour suit with a blue tie.

3 hours ago, Scully said:

I’m wondering if it’s time that millionaires were excluded from politics?

A late friend held that once elected to Parliament that an MP should be obliged by law to remove his or her children from private education and they go to the nearest State School (and no if nor buts) in which catchment area their constituency residence fell AND that if ill they be also obliged to use only the NHS. He believed that these two measures would see better state schools and a better NHS!

1 minute ago, enfieldspares said:

A late friend held that once elected to Parliament that an MP should be obliged by law to remove his or her children from private education and they go to the nearest State School (and no if nor buts) in which catchment area their constituency residence fell AND that if ill they be also obliged to use only the NHS. He believed that these two measures would see better state schools and a better NHS!

And who would take that idea in to law? The politicians it would effect?

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

22 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Go on then, if your working how does R&D affect you? Education hasn't stopped, inflation goes up and down,  people work, pay bills, eat and repeat.

Most people are more concerned with the ques at Manchester Airport,  if things were so bad why is there so much building work going on?

People have more disposable income nowadays than ever before,  mobile phones, Netflix,  Prime, Gym memberships etc etc

You could be working in R&D. You could becworking in Education. Not sure on your view on the average working person but anyone I know would want better opportunities for their children. Simply put the future is education and knowledge most peops including Mr and Mrs average want the best future possible. The fact that some don't understand the connection does not make it irrelevant. 

More disposable income nowadays? We have the first generation that will not be better off than their parents. 

So much building work? Because we had a pandemic and stuff got put on hold. If we were all doing so well why do we have a growth in food banks, poverty levels, falling educational standards, rail strikes, doctors strikes, barrister strikes? 

Even the person queuing at Manchester wants a good exchange rate for currency, a plane to be flying, a baggage handler and ground staff to process. Where do you think these people come from? 

2 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

It’s a low bar, but just occasionally when Boris is backed into a corner he does something, you know, conservative. His replacement will be a continuity-new-Labour suit with a blue tie.

It's when he does something, it's when he does anything, that the problems quickly follow. 

2 hours ago, oowee said:

You could be working in R&D. You could becworking in Education. Not sure on your view on the average working person but anyone I know would want better opportunities for their children. Simply put the future is education and knowledge most peops including Mr and Mrs average want the best future possible. The fact that some don't understand the connection does not make it irrelevant. 

I've no idea how big the R&D your talking about is, but I doubt its many people, by average I'm talking supermarket workers, mechanics,  bank tellers, people doing normal jobs, who pay their bills and try to save something for a rainy day or holiday.

2 hours ago, oowee said:

So much building work? Because we had a pandemic and stuff got put on hold. If we were all doing so well why do we have a growth in food banks, poverty levels, falling educational standards, rail strikes, doctors strikes, barrister strikes? 

The building work never stopped,  we've sort of finished our extension now, but some builders last year were booked solid for twelve months.

The strikes, barristers who knows, they want more money. 

Rail strike,  I'd say political and the rail/unions don't want to loose the ticket checkers.

Doctors, working conditions,  all these groups have gone on strike before,  it's nothing new.

I'd love to know how many are using food banks that don't really need them, I'm sure though that they are a life line to some.

There will always be a rise in poverty in some areas, and it's always the poorest areas, same reason those areas have more money spent on scratch cards.

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Even the person queuing at Manchester wants a good exchange rate for currency, a plane to be flying, a baggage handler and ground staff to process. Where do you think these people come from? 

Of course they do, but they're still going on holiday,  they aren't thinking we shouldn't go.

The baggage handlers and ground staff are more people doing ordinary jobs, but a lot were let go during covid, despite Furlough payments. 

2 hours ago, oowee said:

More disposable income nowadays? We have the first generation that will not be better off than their parents

I don't see it, same with education,  not everyone needs a degree, how is education failing? I see my kids doing well, same for relatives and friends kids, but it will be the poor areas again struggling the most.

How many people live beyond their means?

We were discussing this last week, talking about what our parents would have spent money on back in the 80s, there weren't weekly take always,  mobile phone,  car payments,  Netflix,  gym memberships, multiple holidays the list goes on.

6 hours ago, Mice! said:

Have food and fuel prices not gone up across EUROPE

As usual you didn't answer the question though, are you a politician 😄

2 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

He hasn't gone yet, but likely will, people always think change will be better, until things change. 

2 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I've no idea how big the R&D your talking about is, but I doubt its many people, by average I'm talking supermarket workers, mechanics,  bank tellers, people doing normal jobs, who pay their bills and try to save something for a rainy day or holiday.

The building work never stopped,  we've sort of finished our extension now, but some builders last year were booked solid for twelve months.

The strikes, barristers who knows, they want more money. 

Rail strike,  I'd say political and the rail/unions don't want to loose the ticket checkers.

Doctors, working conditions,  all these groups have gone on strike before,  it's nothing new.

I'd love to know how many are using food banks that don't really need them, I'm sure though that they are a life line to some.

There will always be a rise in poverty in some areas, and it's always the poorest areas, same reason those areas have more money spent on scratch cards.

Of course they do, but they're still going on holiday,  they aren't thinking we shouldn't go.

The baggage handlers and ground staff are more people doing ordinary jobs, but a lot were let go during covid, despite Furlough payments. 

I don't see it, same with education,  not everyone needs a degree, how is education failing? I see my kids doing well, same for relatives and friends kids, but it will be the poor areas again struggling the most.

How many people live beyond their means?

We were discussing this last week, talking about what our parents would have spent money on back in the 80s, there weren't weekly take always,  mobile phone,  car payments,  Netflix,  gym memberships, multiple holidays the list goes on.

I have to agree with this; this is how I see it also. 
Some people seem to think that every problem or failing in their lives is down to the government; it isn’t. 
As for the building aspect, I’ve never seen as many houses going up, and it appears to be going on wherever I go. 🤷‍♂️
My OH read the other week of a serving police woman and a nurse claiming they had to use food banks! The police woman was on almost 40 grand a year! Possibly not wanting to give up that second foreign holiday she’d planned? Who knows? 

6 hours ago, Mice! said:

Have food and fuel prices not gone up across EUROPE?

The rest of it doesn't really mean much to the average working person. 

The UK has the highest inflation rate in Europe, mainly due to the insane economy wrecking Nett Zero madness that Johnson worships.

1 minute ago, Scully said:

My OH read the other week of a serving police woman and a nurse claiming they had to use food banks! The police woman was on almost 40 grand a year! Possibly not wanting to give up that second foreign holiday she’d planned? Who knows?

I've read before of people in the South East struggling because of the house prices,  despite being police or teachers, but then people want to live in a bigger house, which means a bigger mortgage and everything that hoes with it.

14 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

I doubt very much that the new PM will be worse than Boris from any kind of objective viewpoint.

Further, in my view, it’s inconceivable that the new Government will be worse than the current one. To qualify this I’m assuming there will not be a snap election as a result of Boris’ departure.