Boris

scolopax

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

I'd like to go back to the days when I spent 105 minutes on a plane getting to Barcelona and got through passport control in just a few minutes. Unlike a couple weeks ago when I spent 105 minutes on the plane and 135 minutes getting through passport control. The queue for EU residents etc. did not exceed 30 people in that time, there were about 500 people in front of me for the rest of world queue. Just one example.

Not a great analogy really , the 500 people from the rest of the world is where the problem, and the reality lie ....?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

That doesnt really make sense does it ?
I know you dont like the FPTP system , but this is how we do politics in this country, you cant cry the rules are fixed because you keep losing the game.

What youre hoping for is a watered down version, that will disgruntle those who truly believe in it .
Something the remainers have been hoping for the last 6 years , and a start point for an undemocratic reversal of the ref.
Protecting the people from themselves ? :lol: We might as well just go full totalitarian now shall we ?

Theyre already doing it , Krankie saying he should be kicked out of no10 IMMEDIATELY !
No doubt they will be asking for him to be jailed shortly ?
Snouts in the trough, with no concern for decorum or procedure, and certainly no concern for the good of the people they swore to represent.

Down here in Cornwall the fishermen and the farmers are incandecant wondering why brexit is taking so long to get started.

There are still Spanish fishing trawlers illegally fishing in the waters off our coast, As Malcolm (the only Cornish fisherman I know) says. If he can go out and catch his quota in half a day and then has to return. How come that Spanish boat has been chugging up and down for four days? theoretically that Spanish boat and he have the same quota so it cant be legit?

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I'd like to go back to the days when I spent 105 minutes on a plane getting to Barcelona and got through passport control in just a few minutes. Unlike a couple weeks ago when I spent 105 minutes on the plane and 135 minutes getting through passport control. The queue for EU residents etc. did not exceed 30 people in that time, there were about 500 people in front of me for the rest of world queue. Just one example.

But that's a jolly or work, I'd rather move forwards knowing we aren't being ruled by France or Germany,  that we're keeping the pound and the monarchy, we're remaining British. 

32 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Theyre already doing it , Krankie saying he should be kicked out of no10 IMMEDIATELY !

That's rich, but it stops people questioning the poor job she's doing. 

Boris won the biggest majority ever, Labour hasn't done a thing in years, had it not been for Covid things would have been very different. 

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

But that's a jolly or work, I'd rather move forwards knowing we aren't being ruled by France or Germany,  that we're keeping the pound and the monarchy, we're remaining British. 

That's rich, but it stops people questioning the poor job she's doing. 

Boris won the biggest majority ever, Labour hasn't done a thing in years, had it not been for Covid things would have been very different. 

and really boris was doing ok and after the party c##p died away it was getting better for him but then he denied the sex scandal around pincher only to admit and apologise later.if only he had put a bit more thought into it he would still be in office and on the up.i just hope the tories do not fall into chaos like the labour lot have.

11 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Try going to America. My OH and my stepdaughter took well over 2 hours to clear immigration. Both frequent travellers.

Before the days of EU membership we used to walk through Spanish immigration and they never even checked you. Show the outside of your passport and walk in. 

If they are making it so hard now its sour grapes, But who wants to go to Spain anyway? 

36 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Excuse me, but yes it is, thats EXACTLY what democracy is about. Definitively

Might be worth reading around the subject. 

37 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

That doesnt really make sense does it ?
I know you dont like the FPTP system , but this is how we do politics in this country, you cant cry the rules are fixed because you keep losing the game.

What youre hoping for is a watered down version, that will disgruntle those who truly believe in it .
Something the remainers have been hoping for the last 6 years , and a start point for an undemocratic reversal of the ref.
Protecting the people from themselves ?  We might as well just go full totalitarian now shall we ?

No doubt they will be asking for him to be jailed shortly ?
Snouts in the trough, with no concern for decorum or procedure, and certainly no concern for the good of the people they swore to represent.

Who mentioned fixing the rules? 

Jail .... now that's an interesting proposition worth waiting for. 

It matters not a jot what brexit any of us want. There are some things that have to be part of the process like it or not. 

Whatever way you want to portray it today is a great day for UK plc. There should be no room In politics for the likes of Corbyn, Johnson or Trump but no doubt they will find a way. 

😁

32 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Luck of the draw? I can’t recall ever getting through customs on my many excursions to and from mainland Europe in ‘ a few minutes’. 
Last two trips to Italy prior to Brexit took ages in both directions. 🤷‍♂️

19 minutes ago, oowee said:

It matters not a jot what brexit any of us want. There are some things that have to be part of the process like it or not. 

I beg to differ.
But part of the 'process' is when a vote is given , and won, the will of the vote is carried out.
The remainers tried for nearly 4 years to stop that will being done, and now it seems , they have woken up again to try and thwart it.
Like I say , no respect for the rules of the game, yet Boris and the tories are the bad guys ?

This isnt a good day for UK politics, when you have stamer and krankie absolutely salivating at the thought of the fall of their arch enemy, but its certainly not through any skill of their own.
Carrion eaters the pair of them.

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

This isnt a good day for UK politics, when you have stamer and krankie absolutely salivating at the thought of the fall of their arch enemy, but its certainly not through any skill of their own.
Carrion eaters the pair of them.

You forgot the remain stream media - bbc hacks are  the same as the others mentioned and proud of what they have achieved. 

5 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

You forgot the remain stream media - bbc hacks are  the same as the others mentioned and proud of what they have achieved. 

Sounds like blaming Ukraine for the Russian invasion. Borris did not need any help. He brought it all on himself. He can't help it, it's just his nature, like a teenager scratching his crotch. 

Hopefully most of his fawning fan base can see him for what he is. 

Now let's get someone in that can get Brexit done 🤣🤣🤣

58 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

and really boris was doing ok and after the party c##p died away it was getting better for him but then he denied the sex scandal around pincher only to admit and apologise later.if only he had put a bit more thought into it he would still be in office and on the up.i just hope the tories do not fall into chaos like the labour lot have.

I agree, but when it's one thing after another then something has to give.

Although he's not gone yet 😁😁

27 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

We don't call them the biased corporation for nothing.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Not a great analogy really , the 500 people from the rest of the world is where the problem, and the reality lie ....?

Not an analogy, it’s a factual experience. The problem for me is I couldn’t go through the EU channel like I could before Brexit.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Luck of the draw? I can’t recall ever getting through customs on my many excursions to and from mainland Europe in ‘ a few minutes’. 
Last two trips to Italy prior to Brexit took ages in both directions. 🤷‍♂️

I’m travelling within Europe at least once a week at present, sometimes twice. Barcelona has been the worst but none of them have been good. 

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Try going to America. My OH and my stepdaughter took well over 2 hours to clear immigration. Both frequent travellers.

Before the days of EU membership we used to walk through Spanish immigration and they never even checked you. Show the outside of your passport and walk in. 

If they are making it so hard now its sour grapes, But who wants to go to Spain anyway? 

The point is it’s my job not for leisure, so it’s a weekly thing.

9 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I’m travelling within Europe at least once a week at present, sometimes twice. Barcelona has been the worst but none of them have been good. 

Funnily enough I have friends who just arrived in Barcelona yesterday. I’ll ask what their experience was and get back to you. 👍

10 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Nothing jolly about travelling for business in Europe at present.

If its work travel then does it matter?

My geography knowledge of Spain is practically zero, but could you fly somewhere else? Then get the train?

But travelling to Europe doesn't concern me, because like most people it would be an occasional once a year thing normally. 

But I think this is why a relative of mine sold their house in France,  they were very bitter about Brexit and it must have been the travel issues,  otherwise I'm not sure why they had to sell?

6 minutes ago, Mice! said:

If its work travel then does it matter?

My geography knowledge of Spain is practically zero, but could you fly somewhere else? Then get the train?

But travelling to Europe doesn't concern me, because like most people it would be an occasional once a year thing normally. 

But I think this is why a relative of mine sold their house in France,  they were very bitter about Brexit and it must have been the travel issues,  otherwise I'm not sure why they had to sell?

And there we have little Britain in a nut shell. 

7 minutes ago, oowee said:

Damn right, we should have just ignored the referendum and stayed in the EU, then the 0.1 % of people who need to conduct business there wouldn't have been inconvenienced? 

11 minutes ago, oowee said:

Really? Most of the population will have one holiday,  some more, some won't go abroad, most won't travel abroad for work, simple as that.

If I was being paid to travel abroad for work then I'd deal with it, I drive for 90 mins to get to work.

How long did it take you @Raja Clavatato travel and board the plane over here?

I want things to be sorted in this country @oowee we don't live in Europe,  I'm sure in time deals will be done and things like travel will improve,  but it bothers me not.

Edited by Mice!

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

As promised, here is the reply I’ve just received from a friend who is in Barcelona for a long weekend with her husband. 
image.jpeg.43506df264495062dd94a9410ded5d8c.jpeg

So luck of the draw perhaps?