scolopax

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I doubt very much that the new PM will be worse than Boris from any kind of objective viewpoint.

The bit in bold is doing a lot of heavy lifting, as they say.

If the Tories don't get it sorted now, we'll end up with some Lib/Lab/SNP coalition hellscape, which will mean Scotland will go independent, and we'll be forced into some kind of god-awful PR mess where it becomes (even more) impossible to unseat anyone.  The consequences will be astronomical.

All this whilst those who would normally profess to be natural Labour voters for some reason, can't stand this government.  But when you look at it objectively*, this government is basically continuity-new-labour: Record money thrown at the NHS, an out-of-control public sector calling the shots, eye-watering levels of taxation, and regulation upon regulation introduced following Brexit, not mention stamping on civil liberties for the last 2 years because of a slightly-more-virulent-winter-flu.

How about having an actual conservative in charge?

*That word again, used ironically to ham-fistedly make a point.

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

And that will NOT happen as that would just make bad things much worse.

Let's see, I suspect he's gambling on his resignation to appease his party for now, unless you can see into the future I think it remains to be seen if that will be the case...

I don't trust him, never have, quite concerned what additional chaos he could cause before he actually goes.

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

Let's see, I suspect he's gambling on his resignation to appease his party for now, unless you can see into the future I think it remains to be seen if that will be the case...

I don't trust him, never have, quite concerned what additional chaos he could cause before he actually goes.

He only needs another 28 days!

19 hours ago, Scully said:

This, in all honesty. The only policy the opposition has is to criticise the policy of government. 
I’m wondering if it’s time that millionaires were excluded from politics? So many of them ( not all ) have absolutely no idea of what it’s like  to be an average working person, to be down to your last few quid, and not knowing how you’re going to pay your next bill. 
I’m not suggesting that that should be a defining factor, but many of them, when the going gets tough, simply resign and walk away from a job they were given without it having one iota of effect on their life, or that of their wife and other dependants like children, or even their standard of living. 
They just walk away, back to their millionaire lifestyle without a backward glance. It’s easy.

I could afford to not give a toss also, if I were a millionaire. 

yes the super wealthy will never understand the plight of the ordinary person.however these days a million is not what it used to be but one i could never get my head around was how a man who was the wealthiest in parliament and hos wife are bordering on billionaire status can genuinely have any understanding of how the rest of the public live.i had high hopes for boris and his government but he quickly dispelled those with his lack of integrity.i  truly hope someone in the party can pull it around now for the sake of us all

3 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

yes the super wealthy will never understand the plight of the ordinary person.however these days a million is not what it used to be but one i could never get my head around was how a man who was the wealthiest in parliament and hos wife are bordering on billionaire status can genuinely have any understanding of how the rest of the public live.i had high hopes for boris and his government but he quickly dispelled those with his lack of integrity.i  truly hope someone in the party can pull it around now for the sake of us all

I genuinely believed he had the potential to be a bit of a statesman, but instead he just turned out to be a bit of a state. 
I’ve always had the impression they’re all just playing at this for a bit of an ego trip; none of them at the top ever seem to suffer the consequences of their actions. They’re all financially well off for this to have no effect whatsoever. 

3 minutes ago, Ratlegs said:

When I was young, most of Conservative MPs were farmers and landowners who knew how to run the country

can we at least have someone from this country who understands

They take office to line there pocket I don’t believe any of them as none of em have any balls.

magie had more balls than the whole of the current Conservative party.

as the grandson of a miner she wasn’t well liked !

Problem is we are heading for some rough seas and we need a captain that can steer the ship !

Agriv8

17 hours ago, oowee said:

If we were all doing so well why do we have a growth in food banks

I cant understand when intelligent people keep citing this. The more people who get to know there is FREE goods on offer. The more people who will use it.

If Tesco and Morrisons had shops next to each other and Tescos was offering all its goods free where do you think people would go for their shopping?

Edited by Rem260

4 minutes ago, discobob said:

So you think Osama Bin Laden would have made a good PM then :whistling:

3 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Racist. Xenophobe.

In any case, this rule has meant we've had to forgo the pleasure of President Schwarzenegger or President Springer.

Strange responses both. I was merely stating a fact, not a preference, and it was in response to "can we at least have someone from this country who understands".

10 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

So either Boris is some old Etonian stooge or his a damn suspicious foreigner.  Which is it?

A gonner is what he is. 😁 all we need now is to pay the cost of his twatancy and get a cleaner in for the mess. 

Edited by oowee