Gaep crimp finishers

Hi Mellors l think the stp could be a roll turn over. There are a few different ones . The BN type to finish crimp cartridges will be numbered one to four , number one for fast powder  number four for slow powders. I use them in different gauges for semi auto cartridges and they are good. If you look at the USA loading sites you should find some good information. If l got information when I bought them l will let you know.

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

If the shell height is right AND that of the powder, wads, shot inside it the basic Lee Load All produces a good quality finished crimp. This was done in mid June on a old....red metal base, secondhand Lee Load All I bought off eBay in May.

WIN_20220708_14_19_16_Pro.jpg

Totally agree 👍 but spin nano second with a Gaep spinner it will even transform your already good crimp. 

I use the gaep on my 410 loads and it tidies up the front end making loading much easier. Anyone shooting 410 knows that putting shells in can be a bit fiddly compared to bigger.  The gaep I have I belive is for roll turn over but I also use it on crimps and just a light touch puts a nice finish on them..  I fin a light smear of WD40 helps.

18 hours ago, Gas seal said:

9A8EDE14-4F6C-4265-BF34-09B7CE6C7E89.png.b4642e285680f7e41db5facd0e4f7250.pngHi mellors l found some information that may help. 

Hi. 

Thanks for the info. 

I have a lee loadall 2 and there not great with new cases so I'd rang fes and asked for one of these finishers. They were very helpful and supplied the stp one. 

Also i did a lot of research on them. As i load 20g steel there is a real possibility of pressure increase using these tools so a lot of care is needed not to over do the crimp depth. 

I have now done a few and as said just a light whiz round does the job. 

I have now reloaded some and as with once fired cases there's no need to run them again. 

The tool is well worth having for what they cost. 

Hi yes there can be pressure increase, the BN are numbered for this reason. I use a brass gaep in 28gauge for steel cartridges  I use the cartridges in a semi auto. I use a mec loader and I get a good crimp and the gaep  gives a good taper for a semi auto. Some semi auto guns have problems because of the cartridges crimp. My friend had a lee loader for years and when he got the height of his cartridges right he made a lot of good cartridges with it. 

2 minutes ago, Gas seal said:

Hi yes there can be pressure increase, the BN are numbered for this reason. I use a brass gaep in 28gauge for steel cartridges  I use the cartridges in a semi auto. I use a mec loader and I get a good crimp and the gaep  gives a good taper for a semi auto. Some semi auto guns have problems because of the cartridges crimp. My friend had a lee loader for years and when he got the height of his cartridges right he made a lot of good cartridges with it. 

The lee is good for what it was made for just reloading. 

I've found the biggest problem with reloading steel is the wads. New 69 mm 20 gauge cases go ok with the lbc 24 then when fired and reloaded with the bp 24 they go really well. 

It seems once the crimp is set you loose that one mm difference in the wads height. 

Anyway they throw really good patterns and are perfect for pigeon that's all i need.