Wanted .308 or 25-06

bhawk

It isn't too clear what you really want. Do you have a slot for one calibre and propose to get a variation for the other if it turns up ?

If you buy just the mod it will be calibre specific (if for .25-06 anyway) and you will probably be constrained by the thread in buying a rifle

.308s are plentiful, .25-06 not. A shot-out .270 or .30-06 can be re-barreled in .25-06 of course if you are looking to go semi-custom.

On 10/07/2022 at 14:27, Pushandpull said:

It isn't too clear what you really want. Do you have a slot for one calibre and propose to get a variation for the other if it turns up ?

If you buy just the mod it will be calibre specific (if for .25-06 anyway) and you will probably be constrained by the thread in buying a rifle

.308s are plentiful, .25-06 not. A shot-out .270 or .30-06 can be re-barreled in .25-06 of course if you are looking to go semi-custom.

Sorry I just read it and it makes no sense! I was meaning to say “or just rifle and mod would be fine” I have slot for both but will prob just get another .308 

50 minutes ago, bhawk said:

Sorry I just read it and it makes no sense! I was meaning to say “or just rifle and mod would be fine” I have slot for both but will prob just get another .308 

Are you wanting a rifle for stalking or target rifle? I have a very nice tikka tac a1 setup I'm thinking of selling in .308 its a very accurate rifle.

Edited by SPARKIE

I have a Remington 700 2506 bell and Carson stock optimamate  scope  6-32x 50 scope sling and swivels 

£550ono 

remington 700 308 police sniper rifle ,heavy barrel hand built blueprinted 

£850 or £1500 with sworskey 6-24x52 scope 

Lincolnshire 

Edited by deershooter