Dversity

Scully

Just had lunch with a gallery owner who recently submitted a grant application but was turned down on the grounds the board of directors and interested parties at his gallery wasn’t diverse enough.
He phoned up a 2nd generation Asian immigrant curate he has been very good friends with for years and asked if she would like to be a penellist, and she told him his was the third request she had received in as many weeks. 
He contacted the council and included his new panellist, and asked for a breakdown of the ethnic diversity of the board, and instead of receiving a reply, they decided to process his application. Weird eh? 🙂

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Just had lunch with a gallery owner who recently submitted a grant application but was turned down on the grounds the board of directors and interested parties at his gallery wasn’t diverse enough.
He phoned up a 2nd generation Asian immigrant curate he has been very good friends with for years and asked if she would like to be a penellist, and she told him his was the third request she had received in as many weeks. 
He contacted the council and included his new panellist, and asked for a breakdown of the ethnic diversity of the board, and instead of receiving a reply, they decided to process his application. Weird eh? 🙂

hoist on their own petard me thinks.😉

6 minutes ago, pigeon controller said:

My daughter some years ago applied to become a Police Special Constable hoping to join full time , on filling the application the officer interviewing suggested that she puts here sexual orientation as bi sexual as they need some to address the balance.

Blimey, that would have been worth challenging!  😲

That is SHOCKING behaviour.

People should be selected for posts on merit, suitability, enthusiasm, experience and a host of relevant qualifications.

Their colour, gender, age, sexuality, religion should have NO bearing on the choice either way.  Anything else is discrimination (which I thought was illegal?)

Edited by JohnfromUK

This has all just started at my work, Diversity quotas, woke, special ethnic focus groups. And the latest we can only wear plain shirts/t-shirts with no branding or slogans on them. Because it may offend someone.

I think there are 2 types of organisation who get onboard with this, those who want to push this agenda and the rest feel they have to out of fear.

It just becomes a witch hunt if someone points the finger at an organisation and they are not diverse or woke.

Let alone the law suits from employees, it's very hard for a company to defend itself against one of these diversity/woke lawsuits.

6 minutes ago, 1Ab said:

This has all just started at my work, Diversity quotas, woke, special ethnic focus groups. And the latest we can only wear plain shirts/t-shirts with no branding or slogans on them. Because it may offend someone.

I think there are 2 types of organisation who get onboard with this, those who want to push this agenda and the rest feel they have to out of fear.

It just becomes a witch hunt if someone points the finger at an organisation and they are not diverse or woke.

Let alone the law suits from employees, it's very hard for a company to defend itself against one of these diversity/woke lawsuits.

Blimey, what line are you in?

28 minutes ago, 1Ab said:

I'd suggest then that work provides a uniform. 

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Blimey, that would have been worth challenging!  😲

That is SHOCKING behaviour.

She could easily have challenged it, but wouldn't have got any further.

It’s all quite sad and more than a little disturbing to think that the capability and effectiveness of any given body is likely to be overlooked to the benefit of another body, possibly not as effective or capable, on the grounds it’s diversity of staff ticks more boxes. 
We’re in a mess, and it’s not going to end well. 

29 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I'd suggest then that work provides a uniform. 

This was organised prior to the latest woke rules but is actually on hold with HR because the company branding that is embroidered on the uniform upset someone so it all has to be changed. 

I don't think the company I work for actually wants to support all this they are a ruthless corporation. I think it's all just a game to stay one step ahead of any potential law suits. 

I am sure they have crunched the numbers and found it's cheaper support woke and diversity than the payouts from law suits. 

I think the term here is ‘equality of outcome’, a disastrous regime embraced by the woke, as opposed to ‘equality of opportunity’, a far healthier policy for honest progression. Messrs Peterson, Sowell and Murray keep me right with these facts..

13 minutes ago, 1Ab said:

This was organised prior to the latest woke rules but is actually on hold with HR because the company branding that is embroidered on the uniform upset someone so it all has to be changed. 

But their happy to work there, absolutely ridiculous 🤣🤣

I also work for a BIG company and I'm always surprised by what gets worn in the offices,  no dress code at all.

3 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I also work for a BIG company and I'm always surprised by what gets worn in the offices,  no dress code at all.

Oh it is totally ridiculous, it's a rot that once it sets in it only gets worse. 

The thing is we are not contractually obliged to wear the uniform because that in itself might upset someone. So you end up in this wishy washy situation kind of like lockdown rules. 

You can't wear flip flops to work but if you feel it's your right to do so then you can but if your naked toes offend someone then you can't but we can't enforce it so you can, but you should not, bla bla bla it's totally silly. 

49 minutes ago, Mice! said:

You aren't still wearing your frankie says relax t shirt are you. 

In my last two jobs (27 yrs) , uniform has been compulsory,  so that everyone is equal, and nobody gets offended. It's not really a modern thing to be honest.  Lots of companies also want to project a strong corporate image.

1 hour ago, 1Ab said:

Oh it is totally ridiculous, it's a rot that once it sets in it only gets worse. 

The thing is we are not contractually obliged to wear the uniform because that in itself might upset someone. So you end up in this wishy washy situation kind of like lockdown rules. 

You can't wear flip flops to work but if you feel it's your right to do so then you can but if your naked toes offend someone then you can't but we can't enforce it so you can, but you should not, bla bla bla it's totally silly. 

It shouldn't be funny...... but....

32 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

You aren't still wearing your frankie says relax t shirt are you. 

In my last two jobs (27 yrs) , uniform has been compulsory,  so that everyone is equal, and nobody gets offended. It's not really a modern thing to be honest.  Lots of companies also want to project a strong corporate image.

I have to wear overalls and full PPE, no choice,  but the office staff wander around in all sorts, especially on a Friday. 

I personally wear work trousers and blue   t-shirts, there my work stuff, nobody can see the stockings 🤣