Dversity

Scully

9 hours ago, mel b3 said:

You aren't still wearing your frankie says relax t shirt are you. 

In my last two jobs (27 yrs) , uniform has been compulsory,  so that everyone is equal, and nobody gets offended. It's not really a modern thing to be honest.  Lots of companies also want to project a strong corporate image.

What even the Management?

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

What even the Management?

In my previous Job , even senior management wore the same uniform , and didn't have reserved parking spaces etc , but , working for the local authority,  only the riff raff have to wear uniform, except when the management are explaining why you're getting another paycut . Then they wear a uniform,  and give you the   " were all in this together "   speech , as they get a nice payrise . 

14 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

In my previous Job , even senior management wore the same uniform , and didn't have reserved parking spaces etc , but , working for the local authority,  only the riff raff have to wear uniform, except when the management are explaining why you're getting another paycut . Then they wear a uniform,  and give you the   " were all in this together "   speech , as they get a nice payrise . 

Not only the public sector.....

When I worked at the worlds best 4x4 manufacturer  we had a Diversity Day. The whole dept was sent to the main conference centre and we were introduced to our Diversity Coordinator!!. She asked various questions and asked the yes and No’s  to stand in various corners of the room . The questions were manly helping your friends, partners and wives in the home or work. Shen focussed on the last ten in the middle of the room including me , which were all married and concentrated on helping in the home. Eventually I was the last one and the previous question Who has never cooked a meal for your wife or husband and as my answer was never all the others sat down.

She then proceeded to interrogate me in front of the group in a way to ridicule me as a dinosaur and not accepting Diversity. 
I proceeded to explain that if I did it would be classed as an insult, she raised her hackles at this , I proceeded to explain that my wife was half Greek and my Mother in Law lived with us and in the Greek culture the husband tends to be ten years older than his wife and is established with a home and salary. The Wife is the Matriarch and runs the home and especially the  kitchen and as my Mother in Law is in the equation that increases ten fold. So I had encompassed Diversity totally!!!!

She immediately changed tack and used me as a perfect example of what we should do with all cultures and genders.

These Woke people just want to change to world to suit themselves.

Rant Over.

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

We used to have that "we are ALL equal" approach and then one of the Directors took a cone and placed it in "his" parking space and all of a sudden it stops working!

We had offices without names or titles, rather difficult to work out where people are meant to be!

The owner at the time used to just park wherever he wanted to. On occasion he would call the receptionist to get his vehicle moved or once I went over to close his boot on the Range Rover!

Nice to get to drive some his cars though!

We have over the years had various employees that fit in to the old categories, but yet again some clown decided to get a labourer his fork lift license. Wow! that was dangerous.

The couple of wheel chair users are appreciative of our efforts to meet them or help them out in the evening.

But as for all the new "WOKE" rubbish, it really needs to be *** rid of!

18 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

We used to have that "we are ALL equal" approach and then one of the Directors took a cone and placed it in "his" parking space and all of a sudden it stops working!

We had offices without names or titles, rather difficult to work out where people are meant to be!

The owner at the time used to just park wherever he wanted to. On occasion he would call the receptionist to get his vehicle moved or once I went over to close his boot on the Range Rover!

Nice to get to drive some his cars though!

We have over the years had various employees that fit in to the old categories, but yet again some clown decided to get a labourer his fork lift license. Wow! that was dangerous.

The couple of wheel chair users are appreciative of our efforts to meet them or help them out in the evening.

But as for all the new "WOKE" rubbish, it really needs to be *** rid of!

Yep , as soon as a director has his own parking space , it becomes them and us. Something so simple , can make so much difference.  

I'm old enough to remember when fork lift driving was a good job . You had to earn the right for the company to pay for your training , and the extra pay that came with it.

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

I'm old enough to remember when fork lift driving was a good job . You had to earn the right for the company to pay for your training , and the extra pay that came with it.

We used to say it was quicker getting something from Argos than waiting on the forklift driver!

These days you stay well clear when one is about. 

2 minutes ago, Mice! said:

We used to say it was quicker getting something from Argos than waiting on the forklift driver!

These days you stay well clear when one is about. 

Like many jobs , it went downhill when the government started sending the long term unemployed on training courses to drive fork lift trucks . It was a quick way to get a lazy person a skill , the main problem was that it devalued the job , and now its just another minimum wage job  . The government did similar with lorry/coach driving jobs.

23 hours ago, 1Ab said:

Engineering, multinational corporation.

I think it won't be long until we all see some aspect of this in the workplace.

Rolls Royce?  I worked there for 31 years and left in 2020 with the 9000 at the end it was shoved down our throats.  Appalling.

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes I could legally drive a fork lift before I could drive a car.

Me too, a great big Diesel Datsun.

• 2 weeks later...