This could have been really really embarrassing...

enfieldspares

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Scully said:

Are you suggesting folk shouldn’t vote for him because he’s transgender or because he committed driving offences? 

A man dressed as a woman legs it after drink or drug driving and crashing, which bit do you want to vote for. For the record no I don't want men in womens clothes sat in Parliament.

Edited by Weihrauch17

10 hours ago, mel b3 said:

No shame in a bloke wearing , high heels , stockings , tight leather skirt , and a long blonde wig  . It's all perfectly normal 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Did Lin make his leather skirt too. 🤷‍♀️

9 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

A man dressed as a woman legs it after drink or drug driving and crashing, which bit do you want to vote for. For the record no I don't want men in womens clothes sat in Parliament.

We all know it’s illegal to drink/drug drive, so on that basis I wouldn’t vote for him. It isn’t illegal to dress as a woman, irrespective of gender; and if he was good at his job it genuinely wouldn’t bother me. 
Grayson Perry often dresses as a woman, as does Eddie Izzard. They are both totally harmless individuals, the latter of whom has run over 60 marathons for charities. 
Your response says more about you than any of them. 

59 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

Eddie Izzard is also one tough cookie that would batter you senseless if you thought he might be a big girls blouse lol

Indeed. OH has a friend she went to art college with in Edinburgh. He studied fashion and now lives and works in Brighton.
To supplement their grants while studying she worked behind a city centre bar and he worked on the doors; hard as nails and as gay as they come. 
I think that’s what some are REALLY afraid of. 🙂

31 minutes ago, clangerman said:

let’s not be blinded by the dress etc his priority was escape could easily have been leaving someone dying under the car while he ran of not fit to hold a candle let alone office 

Yup. I could understand initial shock. I could understand shame and embarrassment of the incident, particularly as someone did see him at the scene. But to then blame PTSD for the legion of missed opportunities is a grave insult to the thousands of servicemen and women, rape victims, abuse and trauma sufferers who really do have it. The prosecution nailed it. If it really had have triggered something connected to PTSD, he'd likely have been unable to make any decision, not simply a bad decision.

Appalling behaviour. The judge was too kind to simply write it off as 'not credible'. 

52 minutes ago, clangerman said:

let’s not be blinded by the dress etc his priority was escape could easily have been leaving someone dying under the car while he ran of not fit to hold a candle let alone office 

100% correct.  It's like this is all new, men have been swanning around in womens clothes for decades.  One guy lived next door to my wife;s relation but was a solid upright guy who worked his socks off.. agin no pun intended...for the local community.  We are all capable of crashing our car when sober, trying to avoid detection by scarpering, said it all.    Just very lucky no other person got hurt or killed.

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Indeed. OH has a friend she went to art college with in Edinburgh. He studied fashion and now lives and works in Brighton.
To supplement their grants while studying she worked behind a city centre bar and he worked on the doors; hard as nails and as gay as they come. 
I think that’s what some are REALLY afraid of. 🙂

We have friends - a Gay couple - one is Former SAS and I wouldn't mess with him

6 hours ago, Scully said:

We all know it’s illegal to drink/drug drive, so on that basis I wouldn’t vote for him. It isn’t illegal to dress as a woman, irrespective of gender; and if he was good at his job it genuinely wouldn’t bother me. 
Grayson Perry often dresses as a woman, as does Eddie Izzard. They are both totally harmless individuals, the latter of whom has run over 60 marathons for charities. 
Your response says more about you than any of them. 

You have to remember scully , that just because something is legal , doesn't mean that everyone has to like it , and to shame someone for not liking it , isn't right , or fair.

Picking your nose and eating the bogies is perfectly legal , but let's be honest , it's a disgusting habit.

4 hours ago, discobob said:

We have friends - a Gay couple - one is Former SAS and I wouldn't mess with him

"give me sex or i kill you.....hasta la vista baby ............"...........

be rude to say no..:w00t:

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

You have to remember scully , that just because something is legal , doesn't mean that everyone has to like it , and to shame someone for not liking it , isn't right , or fair.

Picking your nose and eating the bogies is perfectly legal , but let's be honest , it's a disgusting habit.

in some circles ..that is consideded to be fine dining....at least 4 stars

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

I’m not sure it’s me doing the shaming is it?
I’m not trying to force anyone to like anything. 

He was being ridiculed and made out to be a lesser person, or person with lesser morals because of the way he dressed or his sexual preferences/orientation. Do you consider that to be ok? 
Do you consider it a ‘disgusting habit’ for a bloke to wear a skirt? 

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’m not sure it’s me doing the shaming is it?
I’m not trying to force anyone to like anything. 

He was being ridiculed and made out to be a lesser person, or person with lesser morals because of the way he dressed or his sexual preferences/orientation. Do you consider that to be ok? 
Do you consider it a ‘disgusting habit’ for a bloke to wear a skirt? 

Quite. There is nothing about him choosing to wear women's clothing that automatically makes him unworthy of being in parliament. It's unusual. It's not for everyone. But what is it about cross dressing, or being transgender or whatever it is that he is doing/being that would make him unable to treat his office's responsibilities with the respect they deserve. He could be the most honourable, dedicated chap in the building, but that would have nothing to do with his clothing choice or what gender he feels comfortable in being.

He's a lousy choice for politician because he fled the scene of an accident, tried to hide from the responsibility and then lied about it being because of PTSD. That's not about being a man in women's clothing, that's about a serious dereliction of the responsibilities of his position. 

29 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Quite. There is nothing about him choosing to wear women's clothing that automatically makes him unworthy of being in parliament. It's unusual. It's not for everyone. But what is it about cross dressing, or being transgender or whatever it is that he is doing/being that would make him unable to treat his office's responsibilities with the respect they deserve. He could be the most honourable, dedicated chap in the building, but that would have nothing to do with his clothing choice or what gender he feels comfortable in being.

He's a lousy choice for politician because he fled the scene of an accident, tried to hide from the responsibility and then lied about it being because of PTSD. That's not about being a man in women's clothing, that's about a serious dereliction of the responsibilities of his position. 

were the pearls he was wearing at the time ....cultured or real......