This could have been really really embarrassing...

enfieldspares

31 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Quite. There is nothing about him choosing to wear women's clothing that automatically makes him unworthy of being in parliament. It's unusual. It's not for everyone. But what is it about cross dressing, or being transgender or whatever it is that he is doing/being that would make him unable to treat his office's responsibilities with the respect they deserve. He could be the most honourable, dedicated chap in the building, but that would have nothing to do with his clothing choice or what gender he feels comfortable in being.

He's a lousy choice for politician because he fled the scene of an accident, tried to hide from the responsibility and then lied about it being because of PTSD. That's not about being a man in women's clothing, that's about a serious dereliction of the responsibilities of his position. 

This.👍

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

were the pearls he was wearing at the time ....cultured or real......

😂

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

Maybe it was a whole different kind of 'pearl necklace' 

"wash yer mouff out"......

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

Would it have been better if he'd worn a loose pleated skirt?

oohhh so yesterday.......

5 hours ago, Scully said:

I’m not sure it’s me doing the shaming is it?
I’m not trying to force anyone to like anything. 

He was being ridiculed and made out to be a lesser person, or person with lesser morals because of the way he dressed or his sexual preferences/orientation. Do you consider that to be ok? 
Do you consider it a ‘disgusting habit’ for a bloke to wear a skirt? 

Sorry scully , I've been up at the farm.

He has lesser morals , and is a lesser person , because he's a criminal that broke the law. It really is as simple as that . He's also a coward and a liar . You might find his behaviour acceptable , and even admirable , but I don't.

The fact that he was dressed as a woman , and did a runner in high heels , paints a hysterically funny picture , and again , it really is as simple as that , so please don't try to shame me into thinking that he's anything other than a cowardly law breaker. 

19 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Sorry scully , I've been up at the farm.

He has lesser morals , and is a lesser person , because he's a criminal that broke the law. It really is as simple as that . He's also a coward and a liar . You might find his behaviour acceptable , and even admirable , but I don't.

The fact that he was dressed as a woman , and did a runner in high heels , paints a hysterically funny picture , and again , it really is as simple as that , so please don't try to shame me into thinking that he's anything other than a cowardly law breaker. 

Eh? Hold on a minute, you were the one who made the accusations of shaming people, not me! 🤷‍♂️
He is without doubt a law breaker, no one is denying that, and he deserves the full impact of the consequences, but he was ridiculed and judged on here not for breaking the law but for how he was dressed. That was where the doubts about his morals were started. Don’t you find that shameful? I do. I’d like to think we were open minded adults on here rather than some homophobic extras from a 1960’s Carry On film. 
There is no doubt he is unfit to hold the position he does/was, and yes, it must have looked hilarious, but up until the point he broke the law he was I assume doing an ok job, irrespective of his sexual or dress preferences. 
Don’t forget, if you’re ever pulled over for breaking the speed limit ( which everyone does without exception ) you’re also a law breaker and ‘lesser person’ ( according to you ) but also with, to follow your logic ‘lesser morals’, but if you happen to be a bloke wearing a mini skirt and stilettos, is that relevant to the case and worthy of making public knowledge? What business is it of anyones what anyone wears or their sexual preferences? 

7 hours ago, Scully said:

Eh? Hold on a minute, you were the one who made the accusations of shaming people, not me! 🤷‍♂️
He is without doubt a law breaker, no one is denying that, and he deserves the full impact of the consequences, but he was ridiculed and judged on here not for breaking the law but for how he was dressed. That was where the doubts about his morals were started. Don’t you find that shameful? I do. I’d like to think we were open minded adults on here rather than some homophobic extras from a 1960’s Carry On film. 
There is no doubt he is unfit to hold the position he does/was, and yes, it must have looked hilarious, but up until the point he broke the law he was I assume doing an ok job, irrespective of his sexual or dress preferences. 
Don’t forget, if you’re ever pulled over for breaking the speed limit ( which everyone does without exception ) you’re also a law breaker and ‘lesser person’ ( according to you ) but also with, to follow your logic ‘lesser morals’, but if you happen to be a bloke wearing a mini skirt and stilettos, is that relevant to the case and worthy of making public knowledge? What business is it of anyones what anyone wears or their sexual preferences? 

Scully . Leave your homophobic accusations in the closet where they belong .

The bloke is a law breaker and isn't fit to hold office.

It would have been just as farcical if he'd been wearing a clown suit , and ran away in big floppy shoes .

If you want to carry on the discussion,  just wait for ordnance to get here and you can pointlessly whine at each other for weeks.

👍.

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

Scully . Leave your homophobic accusations in the closet where they belong .

The bloke is a law breaker and isn't fit to hold office.

It would have been just as farcical if he'd been wearing a clown suit , and ran away in big floppy shoes .

If you want to carry on the discussion,  just wait for ordnance to get here and you can pointlessly whine at each other for weeks.

👍.

Gordon Bennett! Do you really just not get it, or do you just not want to?
Yes, he’s a law breaker and not fit to hold office, but some on here weren't judging him so because it was farcical, they were judging him so because of how he was dressed. 
I’ll make accusations where they’re warranted thanks, if it’s all the same to you, and this is one of those instances.  👍

31 minutes ago, Scully said:

Gordon Bennett! Do you really just not get it, or do you just not want to?
Yes, he’s a law breaker and not fit to hold office, but some on here weren't judging him so because it was farcical, they were judging him so because of how he was dressed. 
I’ll make accusations where they’re warranted thanks, if it’s all the same to you, and this is one of those instances.  👍

Youre wrong.

We were judging him because of his,  illegal , morally bankrupt , and , cowardly ,actions.

We were laughing at him because he'd smudged his lipstick and ripped his stockings whilst making his escape.😁

21 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Youre wrong.

We were judging him because of his,  illegal , morally bankrupt , and , cowardly ,actions.

We were laughing at him because he'd smudged his lipstick and ripped his stockings whilst making his escape.😁

No, I’m not. The sad thing is, you know it. 

26 minutes ago, discobob said:

OOOOoooh - handbags at dawn 😂

Don't mention handbags you homophobic monster .

It's people like you that make me feel self conscious,  when I walk down the street wearing nothing but  leather riding chaps and a smile 🤠

23 minutes ago, Scully said:

Read back through the thread; if you can do it without wetting yourself again that is! 🙂

K 😁

As a former magistrate I am surprised by the evidence that was allowed by the court to be given

None of the evidence about what he was wearing, blond wig, necklace, makeup was relevant so should not have been allowed. High heel shoes maybe, if it could be shown it affected his driving, but not otherwise.

The size of his house, not allowed. Not relevant.

His lawyer should have been jumping all over the police evidence which was clearly salacious. Cross dressing is not a crime, nor is living in a big house

you could imagine it happening to us. When I stopped him for speeding he was wearing a shooting jacket and had three dead pigeons in the boot of his car. Obviously the wrong sort

Edited by Vince Green

20 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

As a former magistrate I am surprised by the evidence that was allowed by the court to be given

None of the evidence about what he was wearing, blond wig, necklace, makeup was relevant so should not have been allowed. High heel shoes maybe, if it could be shown it affected his driving, but not otherwise.

The size of his house, not allowed. Not relevant.

His lawyer should have been jumping all over the police evidence which was clearly salacious. Cross dressing is not a crime, nor is living in a big house

you could imagine it happening to us. When I stopped him for speeding he was wearing a shooting jacket and had three dead pigeons in the boot of his car. Obviously the wrong sort

This

Well I'll put my hand up about ridiculing the two faced **** for wearing a tight leather skirt in public - unless he had been attending a fancy dress event - which he could have said was the case, and would have been able to establish it was fact. 

I'm not sure about it being homophobic but I think its fair to assume a bloke who canvasses his local neighbourhood for votes to represent the local community at government as a bloke wearing bloke attire should have blokish traits about himself and his behaviour and morals. 

The very fact he abandoned his car and clattered off in ladies clothes and probably make up exposes him as a person who deceives voters about himself. 

I'm old school and not ashamed to say has the opinion a person can do what they want in private behind closed doors but he was out in public, portraying himself as a woman and knew his behaviour was shameful.  

2 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Well I'll put my hand up about ridiculing the two faced **** for wearing a tight leather skirt in public - unless he had been attending a fancy dress event - which he could have said was the case, and would have been able to establish it was fact. 

I'm not sure about it being homophobic but I think its fair to assume a bloke who canvasses his local neighbourhood for votes to represent the local community at government as a bloke wearing bloke attire should have blokish traits about himself and his behaviour and morals. 

The very fact he abandoned his car and clattered off in ladies clothes and probably make up exposes him as a person who deceives voters about himself. 

I'm old school and not ashamed to say has the opinion a person can do what they want in private behind closed doors but he was out in public, portraying himself as a woman and knew his behaviour was shameful.  

You have said exactly how I feel about this fool

36 minutes ago, clangerman said:

I bet instead of wearing a nice designer dress and matching heels to impress upon the court it’s acceptable he appeared in a suit! 

But the thing is, if he’s transgender, or simply just gay, it doesn’t matter how he was dressed, even in court.
This is the whole point; it is irrelevant how he chose to dress in court, he shouldn’t be judged for his dress sense or anything else other than the charges laid against him. 
Unless you’re a member of PW obviously. You would think they would know better than anyone how it is to be judged for their personal preferences. 

3 hours ago, Dave-G said:

But he wasn’t at a fancy dress. He was dressed as he was simply because he chose to be. It’s not illegal. Despite your fossilised outlook he can do whatever he wants in public as long as it’s legal, including dressing as a woman; it’s nobody’s business other than his own. 
Breaking the law is, however. 

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Despite your fossilised outlook he can do whatever he wants in public as long as it’s legal, including dressing as a woman; it’s nobody’s business other than his own. 

Breaking the law is, however. 

I completely agree with you scully . So then  , it's OK for me to black my face up , and wear a dreadlock wig ? . As far as I'm aware , it's not illegal to dress up as something I'm not . Or do you just pick and choose who has rights and who doesn't ?.

2 hours ago, clangerman said:

let’s be honest the real problem is those who dress like a bad drag act don’t like being laughed at well I’m sorry but if they look hilarious I’m going to laugh so if they don’t like it wear something else or at least shave their legs lol 

with you bro on this...:good:

it sits very uncomfortable with me that an MP....Member of Parliament...a very honoured position....a post that has direct influence/connection...with how i live and how the country is protected......is held by "a person" that is seen scuttling away from an unreported car wreck ..wearing a fetching little skirt ..stockings and suspenders....pearls....high heels...and in the rush to vacate the scene left its blonde wig in the wrecked car...is now suffering from PTSD

it is illeagal for me not to trust my future and my countries future/direction in this persons hands for the above behavoir...

the world is becoming very strange

30 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I completely agree with you scully . So then  , it's OK for me to black my face up , and wear a dreadlock wig ? . As far as I'm aware , it's not illegal to dress up as something I'm not . Or do you just pick and choose who has rights and who doesn't ?.

Is that all you’ve got?
Yes, it is ok for you to black up and wear a dreadlock wig; you can even call yourself Winston if you so choose. It may not be PC but as far as I’m aware it isn’t illegal, and if you genuinely identify as a black person even though you’re white, then why shouldn’t anyone identify as female even though they’re male, if that’s the way they’re genuinely wired up and not for fancy dress? 🙂

Incidentally, it isn’t me who decides who has rights and what those rights are; that’s what governments do. Oh, and they’re not really rights are they if they can be taken away. 👍