Taking your Dog to Europe.

macca2017

This summer we are taking our dog with us to France for a couple of weeks.  Its a bit of a shock as post Brexit you can no longer get a UK pet passport. So the process is, Rabies jab £50, a health certificate issued by my UK vet £150  no more then 10 days before travelling (he told me some vets are charging £300). you need one of these for each visit. Worm treatment by French vet before returning 50Euros ish.  You can get a Pet passport issued in France, but the dog has to be in France for at least 90 days.  We have a holiday home, so have a French address, so I'm hoping I can persuade the French vet to issue a pet passport, but knowing what the French are like I'm not holding my breath.

Anybody else planning to do the same? 

Had the same problem last year. We take our two dogs to the west coast of Ireland each year but last year apart from the cost of accommodation and ferry going up the paperwork for the dogs was ridiculous. As you say, £150 per dog for the vet to transcribe the details from the EU pet passport onto a new form and only valid for year. Don’t mind the rabies jab, booster etc but just felt we were being robbed.

This year heading for Northumberland