Mo Farah

redial

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

He never said he was a veggie.
He did however get halal meat in the jungle, same as Amir Khan.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1360542/Mo-Farrah-separate-meals-halal-Muslim-Im-A-Celebrity-Bushtucker-trials-bugs-itv-video

And when he did the advert he didn't say he wasn't !  I and many more people thought he was ! he was just a shifty little *** pretending to be and now he has but his hands up and revealed to have been living a Lie all the time he has lived in the UK ,  I don't want to get into a urinating contest with you but do you think Halal meat is ok ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

And when he did the advert he didn't say he wasn't !

You want me to prove  a negative ?
Did he say he was vegetarian in the ad, or insinuate he was  ? No , you assumed he was because he was selling a non meat product.
Damn , I eat the stuff on occasion, and Im no veggie :lol:

7 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

he has but his hands up and revealed to have been living a Lie all the time he has lived in the UK

Cant argue with that , he has been deceptive.

8 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

I don't want to get into a urinating contest with you but do you think Halal meat is ok ?

Sorry buddy , but you probably eat far more halal compliant meat than you know, its no secret that many supermarkets are selling chicken products that are compliant with halal standards, they just dont advertise it.

Many takeaways serve halal https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/food-and-drink/halal-meat-nandos-subway-greggs-kfc-142541

If you enjoy an Indian , takeaway or sit down, then you will have been served halal meat.
Get over it, it wont kill you , and has likely been treated with less steroids and chemicals, but to answer your question directly , 'Do I think halal meat is OK ?' 
Yes , Im fine with it.

4 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Ah yes because saying your a vegetarian but then eating a cricket means you lie about being trafficked.  🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

and meat from animals that have been bled to death un stuned !

1 minute ago, derbyduck said:

and meat from animals that have been bled to death un stuned !

Drifting off topic, but you need to understand the actual process.
The animal should feel no fear or pain , that is a primary consideration, and yes Ive seen the videos of animals being butchered in machines in halal abattoirs , this is incorrect and cruel.
Just as there are poor and incorrect practices in non halal abattoirs.

It is what it is .

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

The Fat Hairy Bikers advertise veggie ‘meat’ , but neither are vegetarians. It’s not hypocracy, it’s revenue. I’ll advertise quorn if they pay me to do so. 

and I wouldn't eat it if they paid me !

Scully there is no such thing as veggie meat !🙄

38 minutes ago, discobob said:

I can't eat it - makes me violently sick - apparently there is something like 10% of the population that it affects this way

Similarly although not quite as bad as you (severe bloating and stomach cramps).  Funnily enough I get a similar reaction to Raw/semi raw green leafy veg (lettuce, cabbage and brassicas) 

1 hour ago, discobob said:

I can't eat it - makes me violently sick - apparently there is something like 10% of the population that it affects this way

It rowloxed the wife on her intent to use alternatives to meat 😂

that's his secret weapon then !  he's found out it makes you run 🏃‍♂️💥  may turn out to be a banned substance . LOL

4 hours ago, discobob said:

Never heard of that, you learn something new...

Its actually a fungus created through a fermentation process, which is quite clever considering its good nutritional value.
Its the high cost of it I object to , if people are to be encouraged to eat less meat, then why does it quite often cost more than the meat itself ?

3 hours ago, derbyduck said:

that's his secret weapon then !  he's found out it makes you run 🏃‍♂️💥  may turn out to be a banned substance . LOL

If you saw me you would realise how wrong your comment is (about running) 🤣

22 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Never heard of that, you learn something new...

Its actually a fungus created through a fermentation process, which is quite clever considering its good nutritional value.
Its the high cost of it I object to , if people are to be encouraged to eat less meat, then why does it quite often cost more than the meat itself ?

https://www.anaphylaxis.org.uk/fact-sheet/quorn/

It was a small article in a newspaper a number of years ago - after I had mysterious bouts of vomiting and it clicked it was after having Quorn - Bolognese or other mince derivatives - and the penny clicked