Panorama - SAS War Crimes

zipdog

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

It’s war. Doesn’t make it right, but it’s war. 

i saw this post and knew i had to make a comment.....i didnt see the programme...didnt need to...war is dirty ..that is the nature of the beast

Scully has said what needed to be said ...end of ..

Probably just as accurate as when the BBC backed the stories on the deaths of Iraqies and kept on running it on Victoria Derbyshire. Then it was proved that the witnesses had been paid for their testimonies by the law firm attempting to sue the MOD. Never heard the BBC apologise for it. The BBC hate the British armed forces.

15 minutes ago, Rem260 said:

Probably just as accurate as when the BBC backed the stories on the deaths of Iraqies and kept on running it on Victoria Derbyshire. Then it was proved that the witnesses had been paid for their testimonies by the law firm attempting to sue the MOD. Never heard the BBC apologise for it. The BBC hate the British armed forces.

Probably this /\

1 minute ago, scutt said:

Funny how the bbc can investigate and take the moral high ground on situations they  will never experience  or have to deal with  . Then declare they new nowt about the likes of wor jimmy savile journalism at its best.

Just saying I didn't see the program  . As said investigate something that may have happened thousands of miles away yet new nothing about something happening on the bbc's doorstep

1 hour ago, Rem260 said:

The BBC hate the British armed forces.

Who? The entity or an individual working there? 

I saw the programme last night and have to say I can fully understand why such things happen. Does not make it right and when we try to claim the high ground our case is undermined. 

45 minutes ago, scutt said:

Funny how the bbc can investigate and take the moral high ground on situations they  will never experience  or have to deal with  . Then declare they new nowt about the likes of wor jimmy savile journalism at its best.

Valid points indeed. 

2 hours ago, scutt said:

Another case in the press today.

We have seen previously on BBC documentaries where Afghans have fired at troops on patrol then dropped the weapon so under the laws of engagement they can not be shot at. 
Personally if I was taking a prisoners back into his home to check for weapons and he went to pick an object up I would shoot , using night vision and then walking into a dwelling with lights is another concern due to distractions. We expect these elite troops to operate in the most arduous conditions and then criticise the methods used IT’S A WAR!!!!!!!!

22 hours ago, oowee said:

Who? The entity or an individual working there? 

I saw the programme last night and have to say I can fully understand why such things happen. Does not make it right and when we try to claim the high ground our case is undermined. 

The BBC as a whole. Just look at how much coverage they give to Armed Forces day. Then compare it to coverage of a Pride event.

Edited by Rem260

2 hours ago, Rem260 said:

The BBC as a whole. Just look at how much coverage they give to Armed Forces day. Then compare it to coverage of a Pride event.

What's the stats I cant find the data. I cant say I have seen any pride stuff but endless hours of memorial service sticks in my mind. Together with hours of royal family drivel. 

The BBC is made up of a whole series of separate units and it also buys in content. I cannot see how such a concerted response could emerge in the way you describe.

6 minutes ago, oowee said:

What's the stats I cant find the data. I cant say I have seen any pride stuff but endless hours of memorial service sticks in my mind. Together with hours of royal family drivel. 

The BBC is made up of a whole series of separate units and it also buys in content. I cannot see how such a concerted response could emerge in the way you describe.

Armed Forces Day - Pride Month

and C4 has seemed to carry it on into July

1 minute ago, discobob said:

Armed Forces Day - Pride Month

and C4 has seemed to carry it on into July

35 minutes ago, oowee said:

I am not going to trawl through all the TV listings for the month of June - to get stats for you Grant - but a lot of programmes that aired had large doses of LGBTQ+ - and I don't watch much terrestrial TV - but even my wife commented on how bad it was - and even Gay friends have commented on it!! And one of them is former Special Forces

56 minutes ago, discobob said:

I am not going to trawl through all the TV listings for the month of June - to get stats for you Grant - but a lot of programmes that aired had large doses of LGBTQ+ - and I don't watch much terrestrial TV - but even my wife commented on how bad it was - and even Gay friends have commented on it!! And one of them is former Special Forces

i watch a lot of telly...i spend quite ammount of time flicking thro the channel list and after 9 o'clock the number of Rainbow programmes on is staggering........and quite honestly they do the community no favours at all ......in fact some of the programmes are disgusting...and should be on a pay to view basis only

1 hour ago, discobob said:

14 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i watch a lot of telly...i spend quite ammount of time flicking thro the channel list and after 9 o'clock the number of Rainbow programmes on is staggering........and quite honestly they do the community no favours at all ......in fact some of the programmes are disgusting...and should be on a pay to view basis only

I must have a different telly (only got freeview) but I have not seen any :blush: Unless you count Killing Eve which I quite like. 

Maybe It's because I have a remote control :lol:

Seriously I had not noticed any.  

22 hours ago, oowee said:

I refer you back to my original statement.

Just look at how much coverage they give to Armed Forces day. Then compare it to coverage of a Pride event.