Insurance van repair problems. Advice needed.

holloway

I have just got my van back from the approved repair shop (it was left at the van rental place so I wasn’t there when it was dropped off)

Both my rear doors have been replaced under the other drivers insurance full liability admitted,a lovely job has been done on doors and bumper except that I now have a rear door open warning light permanently on and the rear wiper not working ,I have sent pictures to the garage and to lv insurance informing them both.

Now this has been a complete pain in the *** for the last 3 weeks driving around in a brand new strange van scared stiff of scratching it .Having to organise getting a replacement synchronised with them taking mine away and the same for its return,costing me for an hour round trip to enterprise .

Now the thing is I want the doors as they should be.but I don’t want all the aggro ,could I get my garage to do the work and get my own insurance company involved the company have had it 3 weeks and it’s not satisfactory.

Is it a ford ?

if the wires are broken the will likley need a new plug in loom part.

was talking to a cabbie who drives a ford transit custom minibus the drivers door developed a fault and needs a new door loom. 3 months and still not fixed. 

he finally nailed one of the ford technicians who admitted the required loom was made in ukrain ! All production has been stopped !

Get rough quote from your garage to fix and Ring insurance it will depend on cost would be my thoughts

Agriv8 

1 hour ago, holloway said:

I have just got my van back from the approved repair shop (it was left at the van rental place so I wasn’t there when it was dropped off)

Both my rear doors have been replaced under the other drivers insurance full liability admitted,a lovely job has been done on doors and bumper except that I now have a rear door open warning light permanently on and the rear wiper not working ,I have sent pictures to the garage and to lv insurance informing them both.

Now this has been a complete pain in the *** for the last 3 weeks driving around in a brand new strange van scared stiff of scratching it .Having to organise getting a replacement synchronised with them taking mine away and the same for its return,costing me for an hour round trip to enterprise .

Now the thing is I want the doors as they should be.but I don’t want all the aggro ,could I get my garage to do the work and get my own insurance company involved the company have had it 3 weeks and it’s not satisfactory.