Silver Pigeon 5

P.B.

Hi guys, after a bit of advice, am looking to buy my first shotgun(license arrived today) :D have been in several gun shops and the SP5 seems to be a good quality gun . Are there any problems with this model and in your opinions is it worth the money. Am looking to buy the sporting version so i can do a bit of both but mainly game. I have had a play in the shop and it fits nicely. After reading all the problems with SGC i thought i,d be waiting months but only had to wait 9 days from posting application. :good::lol: Cheers in advance.....

Well i have a silver pigeon 3 and well there basicly the same gun, just tweaked a little bit. i'd go with it mate It's a lovely gun, defo worth the money.

And 9 days !!!!! :blink: :good:

Cheers , i know couldnt believe it when it dropped through my door this morning. Had my interview on the 2nd and it was postmarked the 3rd , would of been here even quicker if it wasnt for the postal strike!!!!!! :blink:

Did the SP5 have the embossed carvings, i cant remember the difference, but i went for the SP3..just like the feel of it etc.

Would love an engraving of Spaniels on the side of a gun , but far to expensive to have something like that sitting in the gun cabinet 6 days out of 7...

Mallards will do for now I think

Did the SP5 have the embossed carvings, i cant remember the difference, but i went for the SP3..just like the feel of it etc.

The silver pigeon 5 is the exact same gun as the silver pigeon 3 only the 5 has a colour hardened finish to the action i dont really like the dark appearence of the colour hardened finish so i went for the silver pigeon 3 and have to say im delighted with it very sweet gun to shoot and really well made they will last a lifetime of use and if you ever decide to trade it in in the future they hold there value well :blink: If you like the gun and it comes up proper when you mount it you should go for it well worth the $$$$$ :blink:

Have a Silver Pigeon III Sporter 30" but after a year I found I wasn't shooting clays so much so changed the white front sight for a brass bead then had the manual safety converted to auto safe more in keeping with a true game gun. It's a great gun & nevers gives any problems. A friend has the Silver Pigeon V & it's identical apart from the colour case hardening. You won't regret buying it. :blink:

Chris

I too had a Silver Pigeon 3, I just preferred the brighter finish of the action of the 3 compared to the 5.

What I would suggest is take your time and have a good look around, there are loads of them out there I found that there was quite a difference in the quality of the wood used, really is worth the effort and time to get a good looking one.

I looked at loads of guns before finally settling on mine.

Unfortunately I never really hit it off with mine so it has now gone but you won't go far wrong with any of the 687 family.

I have the SP5 and its a beautiful gun but looking on the shelves at various gunshops the quality and finish of wood can vary a lot. Mine was handpicked for me by Andy Whitemore at Avalon guns and I'm yet to see one as nice in any other shop.

As you can see in the pictures the darker action is nothing like the garish blue colour you see in Beretta's adverts.

As long as the gun fits you it doesn't really matter which (3 or 5) you go for but do shop around to find a nice one.

Paul

post-2390-1192118736.jpg

post-2390-1192118717.jpg

post-2390-1192118728.jpg