Extreme Heat Warning ?

marsh man

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

I thought at first they were identical twins Scully  :hmm:, glad you are helping to keep the wheels of industry moving and not wilting under the heat , unlike me , just took the dog for his third swim of the day and sitting in the shade enjoying Magnum ice cream :drinks:

It hit a high of 35.1 around 1430ish. Just working my way round trying to avoid the worst of it. 👍

3 hours ago, Scully said:

It hit a high of 35.1 around 1430ish. Just working my way round trying to avoid the worst of it. 👍

Quite a contrast here , on the local news it stated that the Kings Lynn area in Norfolk was the hottest with it being 36 degrees ( Ditchman might be in his skimpy shorts and straw hat sucking on one of Royals ice lollies ) and here in Yarmouth it was a comfortable 28 degrees with a warm wind coming off the sea , tomorrow should be warmer but with more ice creams in the freezer I am sure we will be able to cope , Keep up the good work with the prep on the windows .

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Quite a contrast here , on the local news it stated that the Kings Lynn area in Norfolk was the hottest with it being 36 degrees ( Ditchman might be in his skimpy shorts and straw hat sucking on one of Royals ice lollies ) and here in Yarmouth it was a comfortable 28 degrees with a warm wind coming off the sea , tomorrow should be warmer but with more ice creams in the freezer I am sure we will be able to cope , Keep up the good work with the prep on the windows .

Been 32 in shade here most of the day, I had the windows open all night last night, got the house down to 20c then at 7am I shut all windows and curtains to keep the heat out, house is now say at 25c... Outside still around 28-30

On 17/07/2022 at 11:57, mel b3 said:

I remember being on holiday in weston super mare in 1976 . My back was burned to hell( nobody had heard of skin cancer in 1976, )  and my nan was rubbing vaseline over my back and shoulders ( probably cooking me even more).

The thing that I most remember about that year , is the plague of ladybirds . The roads , pavements,  and cars , were blanketed with them , and you crunched as you walked along the street . I remember standing on the beach at weston , and all that you could see for miles , was ladybirds.

Or the plague of aphids that proceeded them.

God its been awful at work this morning.  Even the young super fit guys , that have no problem doing 15 miles behind the lorries ,  have really struggled.  The public have been really nice to us, and we're very grateful to them  . since 6.30am this morning they've been bringing out , cold cans of pop, bottles of water , ice lols  , and cornettos. I feel sorry for the builders etc that are still outside working in it .

4 minutes ago, Westley said:

Seems like Lerwick, Shetland is the place to be  !  12°  and raining,  sounds good to me. Just a few bits of fly fishing tackle and 5 litres of Jungle whatsits   !

🤔

16c here, overcast

24 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

It just hissed down here at Porthcawl for about 30mins stop now its already dried up the wet so now out comes the rod for smooth hounds and mabe a Bass i had one last  Friday 

Love Smoothhound and Bass are you getting them on the same ground, peeler?

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

😂 I could have carried on to be honest, but the breeze had gone and even though I was in the shade, it was akin to working in an oven! Any excuse to go home! 🙂👍

No mate I can just imagine how you are feeling working in this heat.

I have shot pigeons in hot weather when I was a lot younger but I have got to be honest I cannot remember shooting in heat like the last few days and especially today, but........to the two lads who have been shooting a couple of Barley fields near me for the last 4 days, well done for sticking it out in this weather, must be mad.

About half a mile from my house there's been two young chaps shooting on a couple of barley stubble fields for the last four days, they started at 8am Saturday and stopped around 7pm and they have been doing the same every day, Saturday they were popping away for most of the day, if they hit everything they shot at I would think they would have a considerable bag to pick up, Sunday very similar pattern but longer gaps between shots, Monday they started about 8.30am till about 7.30pm, the shots were about every 20-30 minutes or so, today Tuesday the 19 July, I heard the first pop abut 7.30am, think they have just about shot the fields out as the shots are about every 30-40 minutes and sometimes a bit longer, they are still there now as I have just heard a pop…...pop.

3 minutes ago, old'un said:

No mate I can just imagine how you are feeling working in this heat.

I have shot pigeons in hot weather when I was a lot younger but I have got to be honest I cannot remember shooting in heat like the last few days and especially today, but........to the two lads who have been shooting a couple of Barley fields near me for the last 4 days, well done for sticking it out in this weather, must be mad.

About half a mile from my house there's been two young chaps shooting on a couple of barley stubble fields for the last four days, they started at 8am Saturday and stopped around 7pm and they have been doing the same every day, Saturday they were popping away for most of the day, if they hit everything they shot at I would think they would have a considerable bag to pick up, Sunday very similar pattern but longer gaps between shots, Monday they started about 8.30am till about 7.30pm, the shots were about every 20-30 minutes or so, today Tuesday the 19 July, I heard the first pop abut 7.30am, think they have just about shot the fields out as the shots are about every 30-40 minutes and sometimes a bit longer, they are still there now as I have just heard a pop…...pop.

🙂 Decoying Friday, which sounds about right as it’s forecast rain! 👍