Scammer warning beware !

holloway

Just a heads up arising from my wanted ad concerning 410 reloading stuff ,a private message from desmondtheman007 asking me to email him for pictures and price on a job lot ,I was suspicious of this what with a picture and price no real sense to his answers .Email address belongs to a Desmond Eliot .

Anyway a quick search tells me he hasn't been a member long and has never posted on the forum plus he has been flagged up on the Airgun forum ,I have attached his pm.

Please post your one word description of this person .

95FB5260-16C4-4E2A-879A-DFE3E41191BC.jpeg

Edited by holloway

Flagged up on the airgun forum for what? 

So far, from what I can see he’s just a guy who’s not an active member. 

2 hours ago, scarecrow243 said:

he also tried to sell me a gunpower stealth he is a scammer

What was the scam? 

Assume requesting payment, with suspicion the goods never show up? 

44 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Flagged up on the airgun forum for what? 

So far, from what I can see he’s just a guy who’s not an active member. 

What was the scam? 

Assume requesting payment, with suspicion the goods never show up? 

Yes he sends a pinched advert  the goods don’t exist,if you search his name it comes up with a history of the same sort of scam ,the new member with no post is not definitive just a warning sign .flagged up on other forums for the same thing the goods never turn up.Of course he may have turned over a new leaf not worth the risk to me.

6 minutes ago, holloway said:

Yes he sends a pinched advert  the goods don’t exist,if you search his name it comes up with a history of the same sort of scam ,the new member with no post is not definitive just a warning sign .flagged up on other forums for the same thing the goods never turn up.Of course he may have turned over a new leaf not worth the risk to me.

Yes deffo sounds like a scam in that case 👍🏻

Hello, I read the add on the forum, I just had an interesting thing happen on that forum with a HW 99S 177, chap PMd me with photos, looked very good, his details checked out from old forum, so payed with PayPal but he was £7 short as I missed friends and F, before I could say I can resend the £7 he refunded the original amount and said he got £7 from PayPal, PayPal said my money was paid and his refund was paid yet not in my bank, this was Friday am, any thoughts, going to check at bank tomorrow

Edited by oldypigeonpopper