Be aware 410 express

8 minutes ago, harkom said:

OF - might I suggest that you retain some of the worst fired cartridge cases and also a decent number of unfired ones from the same lot/box, although returning the bulk of them to dealer.

If you find, at a later date, evidence of barrel damage eg pressure bulge in front of chamber/cone area it may be prudent to have retained in your possession some of the cartridges which were causing the problem. Might even be no bad thing to have your guns checked by a competent gunsmith to allay any fears. Better sooner than later?

A very good thought and I shall do that I shall have a bore gauge in them on Wednesday before I part with any of the cartridges or cases 

I intended to keep all the empties as they were only going to reimburse me for the live ones 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Old farrier said:

A very good thought and I shall do that I shall have a bore gauge in them on Wednesday before I part with any of the cartridges or cases 

I intended to keep all the empties as they were only going to reimburse me for the live ones 

How petty can you possibly get?

12 hours ago, Old farrier said:

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

How petty can you possibly get?

Perhaps Lyalvale Express need some tuition in CUSTOMER SERVICE?

9 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It's a HARDER WORLD if you LOSE the confidence of YOUR CUSTOMER BASE!  

It’s lost I’d rather pay for something safe 

it’s a nightmare when you don’t know what the cartridges are going to do next 

there was 60+ competitors on Sunday and only two of us had this problem 

we were the only two using the new express 410 cartridges 

that’s 5800 cartridges that didn’t have problems well actually one fiochie misfire 

41 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

It’s lost I’d rather pay for something safe 

it’s a nightmare when you don’t know what the cartridges are going to do next 

there was 60+ competitors on Sunday and only two of us had this problem 

we were the only two using the new express 410 cartridges 

that’s 5800 cartridges that didn’t have problems well actually one fiochie misfire 

So out of 60 shooters two of you had problems with the Express shells!

10 minutes ago, Whitebridges said:

I believe Fiocchi recently bought Lyalvale Express. Maybe with changes pending customer service has gone down the toilet. Try talk to someone at Fioccchi before there's an accident.     

Many thanks for your reply 

iv spent a lot of time mostly wasted on this akin to banging head on the wall and don’t feel like spending anymore time getting fobbed off with feeble excuse after excuse and blame changing 

first excuse is 

its probably your gun 

not ohh dear sir when is it possible to call you to discuss the problem 

however I’ve made express aware of the problem and by requesting the unfired ones back it appears they have accepted there is a issue 

if they choose to do nothing or not issue a recall through there agents 

it then becomes in my view gross negligence on the part of the company thereby making the MD liable for the consequences and the penalties that incur 

just my view 

Sorry for the rant but it’s basically a rubbish cartridge and slow slack customer service 

17 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

iv spent a lot of time mostly wasted on this akin to banging head on the wall and don’t feel like spending anymore time getting fobbed off with feeble excuse after excuse and blame changing 

first excuse is 

its probably your gun 

however I’ve made express aware of the problem and by requesting the unfired ones back it appears they have accepted there is a issue 

it then becomes in my view gross negligence on the part of the company thereby making the MD liable for the consequences and the penalties that incur 

just my view 

Sorry for the rant but it’s basically a rubbish cartridge and slow slack customer service 

Apart from Harkom making light of it, no one else has picked up on my comment about balling. It's not necessary to take my word for it as GT describes the phenomenon in Chap. 7 'Cartridges' in his 'Shotguns and Cartridges for Game and Clays'.

If you're up for it, it may be an idea - unless you consider that doing so is too dangerous - to do a pattern test which gives rise to another badly damaged case and have a look at the pattern. Balled shot would give strength to your case.

52 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Apart from Harkom making light of it, no one else has picked up on my comment about balling. It's not necessary to take my word for it as GT describes the phenomenon in Chap. 7 'Cartridges' in his 'Shotguns and Cartridges for Game and Clays'.

If you're up for it, it may be an idea - unless you consider that doing so is too dangerous - to do a pattern test which gives rise to another badly damaged case and have a look at the pattern. Balled shot would give strength to your case.

I saw it but didn’t pick up on it 

because as there allegedly is a high antimony content in the shot it probably shouldn’t happen 

however I’m a average shot and have fired enough cartridges to know when I’m on target or off and also know from the break’s of the clay if the cartridges are up to the job so I won’t be firing any more of them 

14 hours ago, Old farrier said:

I saw it but didn’t pick up on it 

because as there allegedly is a high antimony content in the shot it probably shouldn’t happen 

however I’m a average shot and have fired enough cartridges to know when I’m on target or off and also know from the break’s of the clay if the cartridges are up to the job so I won’t be firing any more of them 

Bit hesitant to reply really.

We're not talking welding here so much as fusion. A dozen or so balled pellets in a few clumps will not necessarily be noticed out of some 200 odd in total - unless those clumps hit something way beyond the normal max travel of the cartridge. 

I can understand your annoyance so will just say that it may pay to retain a box - you can always say that you shot them and I appreciate that this may well reduce your refund figure, but it means you have evidence if push comes to shove.

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

Bit hesitant to reply really.

We're not talking welding here so much as fusion. A dozen or so balled pellets in a few clumps will not necessarily be noticed out of some 200 odd in total - unless those clumps hit something way beyond the normal max travel of the cartridge. 

I can understand your annoyance so will just say that it may pay to retain a box - you can always say that you shot them and I appreciate that this may well reduce your refund figure, but it means you have evidence if push comes to shove.

I won’t be firing any more of them they’re to dangerous 

17 hours ago, Old farrier said:

first excuse is 

its probably your gun 

just my view 

Fair enough, it's your call afterall. 

One call to Fiocchi could sort it. I can't believe they would be very happy with threads such as this rubbishing the quality of products emanating from their aquisition and the abysmal customer service under the Fiocchi brand of companies. Squit like this puts you off buying from companies who do not look after their customers, there are loads of other options. I had a bad batch of Eley cartridges with loose shot rolling around on the boxes, the shell cases weren't properly sealed, so I wrote to Eley and they didn't even have the decency to reply. That was the last case of Eley cartridges I ever bought.  

It might be interesting to send a sample to the proof house or clay game with a covering note ,then you would have a definitive result re the pressure , I also assume that all queries re the shells should be going to Fiocchi as it has been a day or two since they took over and they will effect be trying to tidy up someone else’s mess.

11 minutes ago, holloway said:

It might be interesting to send a sample to the proof house or clay game with a covering note ,then you would have a definitive result re the pressure , I also assume that all queries re the shells should be going to Fiocchi as it has been a day or two since they took over and they will effect be trying to tidy up someone else’s mess.

It would be nice to think so.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Whitebridges said:

Fair enough, it's your call afterall. 

One call to Fiocchi could sort it. I can't believe they would be very happy with threads such as this rubbishing the quality of products emanating from their aquisition and the abysmal customer service under the Fiocchi brand of companies. Squit like this puts you off buying from companies who do not look after their customers, there are loads of other options. I had a bad batch of Eley cartridges with loose shot rolling around on the boxes, the shell cases weren't properly sealed, so I wrote to Eley and they didn't even have the decency to reply. That was the last case of Eley cartridges I ever bought.  

They maybe get a call 

im just off to the gunsmith then the cartridge supplier 

depending upon the results will decide which way I turn 

not sure if fiochie can buy a problem like this although it is a express problem for them to sort out so probably more pillars to posts conversation 

22 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

They maybe get a call 

im just off to the gunsmith then the cartridge supplier 

depending upon the results will decide which way I turn 

not sure if fiochie can buy a problem like this although it is a express problem for them to sort out so probably more pillars to posts conversation 

It should be easier for Fiocchi to sort this ….just a hands up sorry it wasn’t us that ****** up here’s your money back will you accept some cartridges for your trouble ,we will try to recall the batch .

Everyones a winner you… them and Lylevale don’t come into it as the don’t exist anymore.   Simple !

4 hours ago, holloway said:

It should be easier for Fiocchi to sort this ….just a hands up sorry it wasn’t us that ****** up here’s your money back will you accept some cartridges for your trouble ,we will try to recall the batch .

Everyones a winner you… them and Lylevale don’t come into it as the don’t exist anymore.   Simple !

That would be a great solution 👍