Another Wraith thread!

Scully

Right. 2-16 x 28 or 4-32 x 50? Personally I’m a fan of the 50mm objective lens, but mate reckons I’ll lose quite a bit of sharpness and depth of field with the bigger model. The latter is cheaper than the former for whatever reason. 
It’s for head shooting bunnies up to 100 yds. 
What do you reckon? Which one? 

Rewulf beat me too it and I agree with all he says. I had to put a better IR on mine which luckily I already had.  To be honest I wouldn't go for a Wraith for that job.  I have a TV style NV which Dave G built for me and that is far sharper and doesn't go al fuzzy when I wind up the magnification.   

Pity your so far away or you would be welcome to try mine.

Edited by Walker570

Hello, from what I've read and seen both models need more I/R than the supplied torch , although the smaller version and torch will go 50 yards with a reasonable clarity, the bigger version is better with a laser I/R torch, the weight is the only drawback for me, am still using an old photon ratting and 42 mm XT on the CZ to 80 yards with my led based I/R torch, my friend has the 50mm XT on his 22/250 and with his laser torch gets 50 to 150 yards clarity , if I was looking to change I do like the new 450 S and 470 S Yukon's, but Pard and Sytong still hold with the night vision shooters, thermal is gradually taking over, what's your budget Scully ? on what rifle ?

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

26 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, from what I've read and seen both models need more I/R than the supplied torch , although the smaller version and torch will go 50 yards with a reasonable clarity, the bigger version is better with a laser I/R torch, the weight is the only drawback for me, am still using an old photon ratting and 42 mm XT on the CZ to 80 yards with my led based I/R torch, my friend has the 50mm XT on his 22/250 and with his laser torch gets 50 to 150 yards clarity , if I was looking to change I do like the new 450 S and 470 S Yukon's, but Pard and Sytong still hold with the night vision shooters, thermal is gradually taking over, what's your budget Scully ? on what rifle ?

Hello, the Yukon R T with a good led based I/R torch would get you 100 plus yards no problem, some good deals second hand