Touch of Nostalgia

billytheghillie

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just as a point of accuracy, Swarfega is the smooth, smelly stuff, Tufanega is the one with polygrains.

The more discerning of us use Manista, with a delicate lemon scent and perlite grains which are more ecologically sound and really shift the muck.

1 minute ago, amateur said:

Just as a point of accuracy, Swarfega is the smooth, smelly stuff, Tufanega is the one with polygrains.

The more discerning of us use Manista, with a delicate lemon scent and perlite grains which are more ecologically sound and really shift the muck.

No, the more discerning of us don't get our hands too dirty in the first place!  :cool1:

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Additional S

7 minutes ago, amateur said:

Probably the most homosexual post on pw ,  ever .   😁😁😁👍.

1 minute ago, amateur said:

Have you never heard of a delicate touch?

And then you went and made it even worse 😄👍.

Hello, I am always thinking back when I see old films, the BBC now has something on web site of old news clips, where I was born the old cottage hospital is now made into flats, the junior school is a private home, and all the old shops up the high street I remember are long gone, but they have rebuilt the old castle and now charge to look around 🙄bath time was a sink and that yellow soap , early memories around 3 /4 🤔😁Midhurst Sussex 1950s 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper
More info

11 hours ago, Dougy said:

and the big long bars of soap used for washing clothes you used to cut to size. 

In the late 70’s I visited a number of Naval bases. The soap bars in the heads (toilets) were cut blocks. I believe it was known as “Pussers Hard” !!

Now then, real memories coming up..... Do you recall a peep inside your mums under the stone sink curtains, I do, it revealed 1 block of green soap, 2 dolly blues on a saucer, a scrubbing brush, a box of lux flakes, a box of Omo, some scouring pads, some bleach and nowt else. Have you looked in todays under the sink.4 big shelves full of god knows what. From Auntie.

Edited by 100milesaway

25 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Have you looked in todays under the sink.4 big shelves full of god knows what. From Auntie.

have you been peeking in our cupboards?? All that stuff and my wife can't clean as good as me armed with a damp duster in the most - thats what military training gets you :D

57 minutes ago, Sciurus said:

My Mum used to put Lux flakes into a running bath to make it frothy. Luxury indeed.

At school it was carbolic soap- very unpleasant and yes, you had to wash your mouth out with it for swearing- it didn’t stop me though!

i used to have "Matey"