Suzuki Grand Vitara 05 plate

farmboy807

I'd suspect fuel delivery first - can you hear fuel pump when you turn ignition on? Given the low milage I would be inclined not to sell as a fixer upper but get it fixed at a local independent garage if tinkering isn't your thing - even just get them to diagnose it first so your outlay is limited. Otherwise it's just a 17 year old non runner! Probably nothing major that's thrown a wobbly 

Check fuel - no fuel Check pump & relays 

Check for spark - no spark Check coil packs , crank sensors , cam sensors - cam & crank sensors seem common on suzukis 

Does it turn over on the key? 

Just a few small things to check first? 

I.e price wise I believe minimum weigh in now is around £250-300 on 4x4 but get quotes first as scrap prices have been up & down like a yo-yo at the moment. 

Add your location also someone local on here might be interested 👍 sounds to good to scrap depending on the condition of the body underneath normally what kills suzukis.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/07/2022 at 09:38, farmboy807 said:

Had a friend look chain went 🙈

I thought they were a belt? Mine’s a 2005 GV1 swb 1600 petrol and we changed the belt a couple of years ago while it was in for its annual service and mot…it’s on 104k now.

There’ll be plenty of advice of the Suzuki 4x4 forums as to whether there’s likely to be any valve damage…

cheers

fizz

Edited by fizzbangwhallop